• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Like to see more numbers in overall sales by brand globally. According to Meresmaa Discmania is no #1 brand in Europe. Discmania sales grew from 8 million to about 24 million from 2019 to 2021. So numbers do not really echo the hypothesis of lacking sales over last couple of years even if some regions their sales numbers aren't so good.

Strange that Simon is signed up for a "Discmania tournament" with Avery . . in New Zealand!! in just a few weeks time

Strange that Simon is signed up for a "Discmania tournament" with Avery . . in New Zealand!! in just a few weeks time

I think it might be possible that Simon will continue designing courses together with Avery even though it's under the Discgolfpark/Discmania umbrella. They (Avery/Discgolfpark) also do projects together with Paul and his McBeth Foundation, like the course in Moldavia that is the story in the current/second season of "Finding the lines" on DGN.

At the very least I would think he will be part of and finish the projects he possibly has already been a part of. I guess that the New Zealand tournament might be something like that (but I have no idea if this is the case here).

If it's not something to do with one of the projects he has been part of he might just retract his signup, but wanted to wait until the announcements is/were made.

Last edited:
Players drop from tournaments last minute all the time. His registration and travel were booked well in advance I'd imagine, and might have been covered by Discmania.

Personally I wouldn't place much value in it. He might still show up but in reality the time is probably better spent staying back in the US and getting as much practice with the new plastic as possible.

Also, any TD can add any player onto their event if they want. THEY SHOULD NOT.

However, I can put that Simon Paul and whomever are playing my XC this weekend. All I need is their PDGA number.

So don't trust registration lists is the message.

I know of at least one TD who won't drop decommits off his DGScene registration until day of or if it fills. Some people are more apt to sign up if they think a tourney may fill.

Also, any TD can add any player onto their event if they want. THEY SHOULD NOT.

However, I can put that Simon Paul and whomever are playing my XC this weekend. All I need is their PDGA number.

So don't trust registration lists is the message.

Yep- clear violation of the Competition Manual but people still do it.

One thing lost in all the excitement is Conrad signed a 2 year deal back in 2021. I've not heard anything to suggest he's moving elsewhere but I've also not seen an extension announced.

Wonder what Simon, Val, Paige S, Brodie, Holyn is waiting for? . . sign disc being made, reveal videos being made?

Wonder what Simon, Val, Paige S, Brodie, Holyn is waiting for? . . sign disc being made, reveal videos being made?
Company policies on official rollout of new team members. I'd assume it is along the line of the reveal videos, graphics, news releases, setting up pages online so that merchandise can immediately begin flying off their shelves, etc.

Great video. Some great shots along with the sentimental value. If you watch, go all the way to the end. This dude has a future in production once his body is not in top form. The last few seconds, wow.

Yes a great video--you could feel his emotions. .

Sidenote. . that blue P1 a threw on the ice, that discs IS going to be expensive. .