• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I love Simon and I'm excited to see where he ends up, but am I the only one getting annoyed with all the conspiracy theories about where he's going? Speculation is the name of the game here, but I'm talking about all the "OH there was this one frame in his video and the mountains in the background kind of look like the say MVP!!! And he even had a shirt on that almost resembled the logo if you squint hard enough, he has to be going to MVP!!!"

Like, I'm all about memes, but I'm more excited to see where Val, Holyn, and Paige go to lol Maybe I'm just grumpin', who knows.

I'm thinking we may have to wait a little while for Simon to announce his new sponsor. They're probably going to want to drop some discs along with the announcement and with how things went down he probably hasn't had a ton of time with his new discs. After he picks his signature disc they might have to run something in a special plastic or at the least a special stamp.

I'm thinking we may have to wait a little while for Simon to announce his new sponsor. They're probably going to want to drop some discs along with the announcement and with how things went down he probably hasn't had a ton of time with his new discs. After he picks his signature disc they might have to run something in a special plastic or at the least a special stamp.

I think it's going to be pretty soom. Simon in his "last round video" said "I'm really excited for the next couple of days. Lots of cool things to come" and Eagle also said in the Nick @ Matt show, after talking to Simon yesterday, the announcement will probably come very soon.

I think Simon was waiting for the new Doom Birds to drop before he announced his new sponsorship.
Now that they are officially sold out, it should be soon.

Waiting for Simon to film some aces with the new plastic, I figure.

I think Simon was waiting for the new Doom Birds to drop before he announced his new sponsorship.
Now that they are officially sold out, it should be soon.

Probably something like that. They already had them ready to go and if he was going to leave milking one more release makes sense.

Probably something like that. They already had them ready to go and if he was going to leave milking one more release makes sense.

I don't think it was about Simon 'milking' one more release. More like DM has been his home, he's grateful to all they've done for him, so before leaving he was willing to promote the latest disc for them.

I love Simon and I'm excited to see where he ends up, but am I the only one getting annoyed with all the conspiracy theories about where he's going? Speculation is the name of the game here, but I'm talking about all the "OH there was this one frame in his video and the mountains in the background kind of look like the say MVP!!! And he even had a shirt on that almost resembled the logo if you squint hard enough, he has to be going to MVP!!!"

Like, I'm all about memes, but I'm more excited to see where Val, Holyn, and Paige go to lol Maybe I'm just grumpin', who knows.

It's all in fun. A bunch of people love Simon and it's a shocker that Simon is actually leaving DiscMania. Other big stars, not so much of a surprise when they go elsewhere for the money. But Simon? Him and DM were practically the same thing.

I don't think it was about Simon 'milking' one more release. More like DM has been his home, he's grateful to all they've done for him, so before leaving he was willing to promote the latest disc for them.

I meant Discmania milking the Simon name, not vice versa.

When you consider that any Discmania release in the US has had to get here on a boat I doubt either of them were milking anything. Discs were probably made in November.

Well said.
There seems to be some sentiment lately here that Simon is just now making this decision. This probably goes back quite a few months.
Come on. Think before you post. ;)

Simone certainly knew where he was going.. because he said so... he had an offer... and after a lot of thinking and discussing it with family, friends and Discmania...

He took it.

Pretty exciting times waiting to find out who it is with for sure... and maybe the details of the contract.

Latest posts