• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

It's good to see Holyn Handley picked up by Discraft. She had a killer year in only her 3rd season playing. I look forward to seeing what she does this season.

Yeah she mentioned on smashboxx last night that she's 5'11. Never noticed on video that she towers over everybody else.

I know we talk a lot about the long and lanky ape index dominance in MPO. Pretty safe to say it translates to FPO also?

Yeah she mentioned on smashboxx last night that she's 5'11. Never noticed on video that she towers over everybody else.

I know we talk a lot about the long and lanky ape index dominance in MPO. Pretty safe to say it translates to FPO also?

Wonder how tall Henna is? but she has similar body type and has elite distance

Longest female throwers include Pierce, J. Allen, C. Allen, Ryan and Hansen all of whom are decidedly not long and lanky. Blomroos and Handley would fit the mold I suppose.

Longest female throwers include Pierce, J. Allen, C. Allen, Ryan and Hansen all of whom are decidedly not long and lanky. Blomroos and Handley would fit the mold I suppose.

Evelina throws pretty far also if I'm not mistaken and doesn't fit the mold either. And even if Handley is tall, she isn't particularly lanky as a former powerlifter if I'm not wrong.

I listen to so many different podcasts they seem to almost meld together, but I heard someone recently saying this same thing about "teams".
I've said it before, so I'll say it again.
These are the early days of DG.
I believe in time someone will create a tourney that pits "teams" against each other. Sort of like the Presidents Cup they do in Europe. Just have to be patient man.

And when I said "teams", my intent was disc company teams.
Just clarifying, now back to your regularly scheduled programs.

Evelina throws pretty far also if I'm not mistaken and doesn't fit the mold either. And even if Handley is tall, she isn't particularly lanky as a former powerlifter if I'm not wrong.

Not lanky. She was also a volleyball player.

Dumb fact:

This tread is now up to 98 pages. . . .the 2022 tread was 213 pages. . . .slow year? less BBQ talk?

Was just poking around the Ultiworld website & didn't see anything about 2023 contracts.
I think Charlie is on vacation this week. So maybe there will be something in the weeks to come?
Plus, since Calvin already re-upped, the drama we've seen the past few years will likely be minimal, if at all.
But don't let that stop us from speculating. :p

From November. When this Hot Stove season began, Vinny was the only big name, that we knew of at the time, who could possibly be moving for big bucks.
One thing this season has proven, you just never know. :)

Maria Olivia is fairly tall and also throws far.

Obviously you don't have to be tall to throw far, but long levers don't hurt.

Latest posts