• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

in simons latest video he says he doesn't like all the black rims because he can't look at his bag & tell which disc is which w/o pulling out each disc. the colored rims of axiom make this possible.

Not that many black rims in his bag. . .

attachment.php

Attachments

• simons bag.jpg
    simons bag.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 313
in simons latest video he says he doesn't like all the black rims because he can't look at his bag & tell which disc is which w/o pulling out each disc. the colored rims of axiom make this possible.

Plus that as a youtuber he also don't like the black rims as much since they make the discs harder to see on video. At least that is also what he said in the same video.

Until they posted he was leaving, I honestly forgot he was even still playing/sponsored. Havent heard his name in a tournament in years

He's a Texas guy, wouldn't be surprised if Lone Star picked him up. They need a better social media presence and Nate does lots of YT work.

Until they posted he was leaving, I honestly forgot he was even still playing/sponsored. Havent heard his name in a tournament in years

I've heard his name more associated with his newfound calling as an agent. I heard he played a pretty big part in getting Ezra to Discraft.

Looking at that video Casey posted a few things stands out.
- MVP should have signed Casey
- Simons puttning is not looking great, to low and to left.
- Many of Simons drives are to short or to long.
- MVP has to do colored rims :)

I gotta watch that. I had kind of forgotten about Casey, but in the Simon farewell video he was so personable and also throwing sick shots. Looked a little grown up kinda. :) I hope his game gets elevated this year.

New video up on Simons channel from the same day. .

MVP has colored rims. That's literally why Axiom exists.

MVP has colored rims. That's literally why Axiom exists.

yes i get that but MVP and Axiom does not have identical molds. . so if i need something more OS than the ENVY . . AXIOM dont have that. .or somethig between a HEX and a PYRO...MVP has that but not AXIOM..

Simons bag looks like an AXIOM bag with the gaps filled with MVP molds

Simon definitely is having struggles with his putting. I wonder if he asked what gyro mold is closest to my <putter>? Gyro isn't a true match for non-gyro. He should be trying other gyro putters to see if one fits him better than the Anode (which is what I believe he is using).

Give Simon time.....after 10 years he's trying to learn a whole new bag with discs that use a totally different technology than he is used to. He'll get it figured out and dialed in.

The thing is, we really don't have anyone else to compare him to.....maybe James Conrad would have been a 'guideline', but he really doesn't do social media so we don't know if he struggled or not. Most pros that are on social media switch from one non-gyro brand to another non-gyro brand and there's little difference there....maybe just plastic.

Going from non-gyro to gyro is a huge step and takes some time. MVP/Axiom discs are flatter than other brands. If you are used to throwing discs with dome....MVP/Axiom take some getting used to. And the flight numbers are "weird"; there are .5 numbers....like speed 6.5. What other brand has speed or glide numbers in half increments? Even Drew Gibson commented on it in his video where he tries out MVP discs.

So let's give Simon time....I think it is more comparable to driving an automatic and all of a sudden having to learn to drive a manual. You still know how to drive, it's just the shifting you have to learn...and that takes practice and time.