• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Mvp CEO said on Friday during the gyropalooza QA that they've been in talks with more big name players in terms of sponsorship. They are increasing their manufacturing capabilities so I would say there's about a 40% chance they sign another top 25 player this year.

Mvp CEO said on Friday during the gyropalooza QA that they've been in talks with more big name players in terms of sponsorship. They are increasing their manufacturing capabilities so I would say there's about a 40% chance they sign another top 25 player this year.
I would hope so. I don't know about FPO but who else other than James and Simon do they have in their stable? Does Sias Elmore still bag MVP? I cannot think of any others at the moment.

IMO Gannon was always gone after everyone involved made a mess of that situation. Don't know where he will land, but Innova makes sense to me. So does Discraft, but as deep as their team is it seems like they would need to drop someone to get him.

He's always seemed like a Discmania guy to me but I doubt he lands there.

IMO Gannon was always gone after everyone involved made a mess of that situation. Don't know where he will land, but Innova makes sense to me. So does Discraft, but as deep as their team is it seems like they would need to drop someone to get him.

He's always seemed like a Discmania guy to me but I doubt he lands there.

I saw a few posts on FB talking about Buhr signing with Innova.

It makes a lot of sense.

I would hope so. I don't know about FPO but who else other than James and Simon do they have in their stable? Does Sias Elmore still bag MVP? I cannot think of any others at the moment.
Not that he moves a lot of merch at this point, but I'm pretty sure Raven Newsome is still with MVP. Seems to be moar visible on tour than Jordan Castro.

Not that he moves a lot of merch at this point, but I'm pretty sure Raven Newsome is still with MVP. Seems to be moar visible on tour than Jordan Castro.
Funny, I was thinking of exactly him earlier as another but wasn't sure.

To the best of my knowledge, Sias still bags MVP.

Also in MPO: Matt Dollar, Raven Newsom, Justin Bilodeau, Jeff Faes, Jordan Castro, and Dan Brooks-Wells.
In FPO at the moment: Sarah Hokom, Madison Walker, Stacie Keifer, and Elaine King.

The team is substantially bigger than that, mind, I'm just citing names you might recognize upfront.

Buhr is going to be the biggest deal this off season, I very much doubt anyone is going to be leaving any contracts this offseason. As stated earlier, the "boom" has leveled off. You got to be someone exciting to move discs and get that big sponsorship.

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, Sias still bags MVP.

Also in MPO: Matt Dollar, Raven Newsom, Justin Bilodeau, Jeff Faes, Jordan Castro, and Dan Brooks-Wells.
In FPO at the moment: Sarah Hokom, Madison Walker, Stacie Keifer, and Elaine King.

The team is substantially bigger than that, mind, I'm just citing names you might recognize upfront.
Yes, Brooks-Wells is another I should've remembered. Saw him on pro tour coverage at some point- 2020 I think. He also does a lot of tourneys at courses around my area ie. Ft. Washington, Nockamixon, Jordan Creek, Stafford Woods, Tyler State Park, etc.
Hokum, I definitely should've recalled - especially since I had a Halloween Crave in my hand yesterday at the local disc golf store!

Gannon to DM made a lot of sense last year, especially with Simon leaving for MVP. With Eagle's contract being up, Kyle Klein's solid season, and DM being part of HoD now I don't know if they'll be willing to fork out the cash necessary to land Gannon. Who knows what if any kind of deal was signed prematurely, and where that potentially might stand given how last year turned out.

All that aside, I could see him going to Innova. Yeah they're not known for handing out giant contracts, but they're also big enough where they're not as worried about their players moving tons of plastic. They might not have been a player for him last year but due to the circumstances of everything I think maybe this time around they'd take a stab.

We're all expecting manufacturers to tighten up with sponsorships this year. Some of the other manufacturers might be impacted more than Innova and just not have the fat stacks to throw at players.

I think Eagle's situation will be interesting also. Personally I don't think he'll leave DM, but we also said that about Simon. I honestly think if he was leaving DM he wouldn't have announced his shoulder surgery when he did. I can't imagine that would do anything but hurt his value to anybody but DM.

I'm sure we'll see plenty of smaller moves, and I could see a lot of those being determined after some of the larger dominoes have fallen.

I agree that it doesn't seem as plausible with Buhr to DM if they haven't already struck some kind of deal in the beginning of this year with them needing to pay both Kyle and Eagle top dollars. And as stated above, with Eagle announcing his surgery, his new big contract with DM is probably already a done deal.

I could see (maybe more a hope) that Latitude 64 could try to go after Buhr to have a top US players on their team. Innova for Buhr might sound plausable, but I don't know if they will give him the deal that he probably deserves. Especially since with them re-signing/extending with Calvin and them probably want to keep Calvin as their top name. I belive Buhr would like to be/should be the top MPO where he signs. And for me L64 could be just that fit.

If Gannon ends up at Innova it'll be because all the crazy deals dried up. Go take a decent salary for like 2 years, win some tournaments, have a tour series disc or two, and bank on the market being hotter when your contract is up.

He'll get paid, but it won't be Paul, Ricky, or Simon money.

If Gannon ends up at Innova it'll be because all the crazy deals dried up. Go take a decent salary for like 2 years, win some tournaments, have a tour series disc or two, and bank on the market being hotter when your contract is up.

He'll get paid, but it won't be Paul, Ricky, or Simon money.
In a recent interview talking about what Buhr is looking for in a sponsor, one of his biggest wants is to have his own disc line that he can get a lot of say and input in. I don't think he'd get that with innova or discraft as they'd just slap his name on existing molds. Discmania and Mvp both have proven success with player disc releases. I bet he signs with lonestar though

In a recent interview talking about what Buhr is looking for in a sponsor, one of his biggest wants is to have his own disc line that he can get a lot of say and input in. I don't think he'd get that with innova or discraft as they'd just slap his name on existing molds. Discmania and Mvp both have proven success with player disc releases. I bet he signs with lonestar though
He was throwing a Warbird in the brief time of the Prodigy separation. I do wonder when their pockets will not be as deep with their pro team getting big, but the 900 deep am team probably goes a long way towards financing that.

Buhr seems like a natural choice for House of Discs first signing unless they've already speed-ran straight to the "slash-costs and degrade quality to boost profits until the brand dies" phase of VC acquisition.

Latest posts