• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

Sounds like I need to pick up a Fuzion. My Lucid I put in the bag this weekend is amazing, super versatile, but very little fade on a hyzer. Obviously this is mostly due to my form, but a slightly beefier Judge wouldn't be a bad thing. Is it well known that Fuzion is more OS than Lucid?

I would listen to Steeze. My fusion is a shield stamp production, but its fairly domey. A guy I play with has a flatter one, and its not nearly as OS. I also used to have one of the EMac fuzions, and it was straight out of the box.

I'm pretty sure I saw a prodigy player putting with a judge with incredible success. After reportedly struggling and missing tons of easy putts, switched to the judge and shot the hot round of the tournament.

I'm pretty sure I saw a prodigy player putting with a judge with incredible success. After reportedly struggling and missing tons of easy putts, switched to the judge and shot the hot round of the tournament.

Well it is a good putter. I can't remember if he won it or not I think so but last year at the GBO putting competition Big Jerm had to use a Judge like all the rest of the competitors and he was nailing them.

I got a Fuzion Judge last week and was surprised by it's flight. I expected it to be more overstable than my classic and classic soft. But it definitly isn't driving all three of them.
Anyone else having some comparison?

Checked out the classic soft and classic blend at PIAS in Plano today. I enjoyed the consistency of the soft. As it beats in, will it get more floppy? Trying to decide between the soft and the blend.

In my experience the softs have way more glide than the classics I putt with. Has anyone else. Had this experience?

Haven't tried a blend yet but want to. How do the blends drive?

Softs will beat in to get slightly more floppy but incredible feeling. The blend is a good choice for warmer weather and they drive alright. They are slighty more stable than the softs but not on the level of a dyemax fusion.

The softs I had were less stable but had less glide than the classics, the hybrid I have has the least glide but is more overstable.

I love my fuzion Judge, I use it mainly for putting, I also have 2 blend that I also use for putting.

For me, my fuzion flies straighter and more flat and seems to glide longer right into the chains. My blends are really nice as well but seem to fade out a little sooner, the blend does grip the chains better but they are beating in too much for my liking, I do however practice with them quite a bit as well so...

Wouldn't mind picking up a lucid.

I got my first Judge last year and fell in love. It really flies true and is great for any shot. I use it usually for outside the circle, and it has a touch of fade which I can rely on every time. I don't know if it is just the ones I have picked up, but the pink and red ones I have are all really stiff and beat in a bit slower than a light blue one I have. The Lucid is a killer driving putter, and I have started using it for 200-250 midrange shots. I can give it 100% power and it holds any line and settles flat, which is killer because I have yet to find anything that will just sit down. I got my dad one for XMas and he now uses it exclusively, and swears by it. He wont even feel any other putter.

Amirite?

judge.JPG

So really, are all the white Classics more "KC-esque" than the other colors? I have two stock stamps and two Handeye stamps now that are all the same nice feeling plastic. Firm and slightly tacky, almost slick. Much less velvety feeling than all the other colors I have. I'm quite fond of my pink Judges for putting, but these whites have me rethinking my pink putter only policy.

So really, are all the white Classics more "KC-esque" than the other colors? I have two stock stamps and two Handeye stamps now that are all the same nice feeling plastic. Firm and slightly tacky, almost slick. Much less velvety feeling than all the other colors I have. I'm quite fond of my pink Judges for putting, but these whites have me rethinking my pink putter only policy.

I putt baby blue first runs but have a couple white and red first runs. The whites are "less velvety" and firmer than my blues and reds for sure. I found my yellow a touch slicker as well so I traded it.

I putt baby blue first runs but have a couple white and red first runs. The whites are "less velvety" and firmer than my blues and reds for sure. I found my yellow a touch slicker as well so I traded it.

Nice. All the other colors I have (baby blue, yellow, black, pink) are more of the velvety feel. Not a bad thing, but dang does that white plastic feel good. I need to hunt some more down.

Nice. All the other colors I have (baby blue, yellow, black, pink) are more of the velvety feel. Not a bad thing, but dang does that white plastic feel good. I need to hunt some more down.

Just last week on the DD auction facebook page they had a stack of about ten 175g white first run judges they were selling for $15 a piece. I grabbed two before they sold them all. I like all the judges but the first runs and first run misprints are where it's at for me. I buy them up new or used whenever I can.

Soft Judge question: How do they compare on the overstability spectrum to Classics? I kinda wanna pick one up for hit and stick shots, but if I do that I need to drop the Swan I am bagging. Can I beat a soft Judge in to be understableish? Or do I just need to OAT it to make it turn?

Soft Judge question: How do they compare on the overstability spectrum to Classics? I kinda wanna pick one up for hit and stick shots, but if I do that I need to drop the Swan I am bagging. Can I beat a soft Judge in to be understableish? Or do I just need to OAT it to make it turn?

Soft Judge is very shape-able. The one I drove with was nearly dead straight, and it definitely grabbed the ground nicely. I just prefer a beat R-Pro Rhyno for those shots.