• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

Finally got to throw a couple puts with the judge today... felt great... more putts to come:hfive:

I'm a big Wizard fan. I too rolled my eyes at the thought of a Judge replacing my putting Wizard. Yesterday I gave it a chance and used the Judge for a full 18 at Stafford. I liked it! Feels similar with the bead, maybe slightly lower profile. I felt like I didn't have to snap it as hard from farther out to get it to stay as straight. Good glide. No final verdict yet, but I really like it.

Finally got to fondle the Judge and throw it a bit. Same opinion as I thought I would have. It's not going to do any better than my Pure for putting duties, but a premium plastic version may very well knock out my Opto Pure.

Took my judges and Neutron Ions out to compare today, threw about 30 reps of 4 discs (2 judge, 2 N-Ion)

Distance varied between 20-40 Feet

Here is my comparison:
- The Judge is shorter, lower profile slightly.. not a huge different, but its there.
- They both Glide equally as well.
- The Judge holds a straight and slight anny line longer with slower fade/drop than the Ions by about 10-20% longer. Ion Seems to pull into a fade just a little earlier and drop faster at the end.
- The judge has a good "pencil eraser" feel to it that i like.. buts its far too soft for me, Ions have a more premium tack and perfect balance between soft/stiff that gives me a feeling of perfect control every time i grip the disc.

Conclusion:
- I Have larger hands and the Judge felt good, but my Ions feel perfect for my hand size.
- I am a push putter with a slight elbow pop for spin similar to Will Shusterick style and I'm used to a slightly stable putter than drops when i want it to, the judge consistently kept going past the basket, my Ions always finish closer if i miss chains.
- Being that im used to a little more fade/drop at the end of my throws the Judge misses to the right constantly for me.. not that its a bad disc, just doesnt fit my style and what im used to.

The Judge will not make my bag for these reasons, however i would give it a good recommendation to anyone who throws straight/neutral putters and wants slow late fade that doesn't drop as fast when it gets to the basket.

Ions will stay in the bag for now :)

I might try again when they release a stiffer plastic.

Took my judges and Neutron Ions out to compare today, threw about 30 reps of 4 discs (2 judge, 2 N-Ion)

Distance varied between 20-40 Feet

Here is my comparison:
- The Judge is shorter, lower profile slightly.. not a huge different, but its there.
- They both Glide equally as well.
- The Judge holds a straight and slight anny line longer with slower fade/drop than the Ions by about 10-20% longer. Ion Seems to pull into a fade just a little earlier and drop faster at the end.
- The judge has a good "pencil eraser" feel to it that i like.. buts its far too soft for me, Ions have a more premium tack and perfect balance between soft/stiff that gives me a feeling of perfect control every time i grip the disc.

Conclusion:
- I Have larger hands and the Judge felt good, but my Ions feel perfect for my hand size.
- I am a push putter with a slight elbow pop for spin similar to Will Shusterick style and I'm used to a slightly stable putter than drops when i want it to, the judge consistently kept going past the basket, my Ions always finish closer if i miss chains.
- Being that im used to a little more fade/drop at the end of my throws the Judge misses to the right constantly for me.. not that its a bad disc, just doesnt fit my style and what im used to.

The Judge will not make my bag for these reasons, however i would give it a good recommendation to anyone who throws straight/neutral putters and wants slow late fade that doesn't drop as fast when it gets to the basket.

Ions will stay in the bag for now :)

I might try again when they release a stiffer plastic.

nice review i felt the same way saturday i was missing alot of putts to the right cause im used to my challenger and pig which fade left alot quicker everytime i tossed it 30ft or jump putted it just went dead straight and didn't come left at all. Don't know if its just me or what but thats how i felt. i like it off the tee though.

Anyone have any profile comparison pics? Maybe beside an Aviar or wizard?

The only thing that i think the judge came close to in feel, profile, and flight was my well used jk pro aviar that I had for 8 years. The judge is slightly shorter than a current jk pro aviar. I have fondled and thrown many putters after losing my jk pro, and nothing has come close to how those two compare for both flight and feel.

I felt up a soft Judge the other day, it's got some great rubbery tackiness to it and the idea of a straight, beaded putter has me interested. That said, I doubt highly I'll move away from my Wizards! I definitely agree with the comparison to a JK Aviar...

Since I'm a hardcore Vibram guy, This means a LOT coming from me. I felt a couple Judges over the weekend and I am VERY impressed with the feel. DD is a great company and they have hit the nail on the head with that putter.

My experience:
Threw a few. The plastic reminded me of Discraft Soft-X. It has a profile somewhat similar to a wizard but the bullet-nose is lower profile and the bead is wider and taller. Very comfortable in the hand. The ones I threw faded less than a Warlock and a Focus, but more than an Aviar P&A and a Magnet. I have no input on how it drives. Fantastic putter, plenty of grip and super useable if you enjoy softer putters.

DSC00272.jpg

This is more my type of a Judge

Sorry saw the thread title and thought of this first

I bought a classic judge yesterday after doing a few test throws at a dd event. I gave in and bought one. I had had some issues in round 1 with my anode popping out of chains or hitting and running. I usually don't change disc during events. But I went ahead and started putting with it. I felt like it really shaved off some strokes. It seemed to hit the chains and just stick. Then When I did miss it stopped. No real rolling or skidding past. It is now in the bag as main putter with the anode now my backup putter.

I bought a classic judge yesterday after doing a few test throws at a dd event. I gave in and bought one. I had had some issues in round 1 with my anode popping out of chains or hitting and running. I usually don't change disc during events. But I went ahead and started putting with it. I felt like it really shaved off some strokes. It seemed to hit the chains and just stick. Then When I did miss it stopped. No real rolling or skidding past. It is now in the bag as main putter with the anode now my backup putter.

firm or soft?

Many here waited for the Classic Hard Judge. It has been up on DD site
for some time now, but nobody is writing about it here. Nobody tried it yet?

I switched to putting with pures and using soft judges for upshots... I really don't need a classic hard judge lol. I may get one eventually in a trade, but I'm happy with pures :D

I'm waiting for the production run. I don't need it so badly that I'm going to pay an extra $3 for a baseline disc.