• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

I threw destroyers for 8 years, my workhorse driver.

The Outlaw is for sure longer i get about 20' more but the measurements on the outlaw i think are like 0.5cm larger rim or something? dont quote me on that.

EDIT: Just looked it up, the Destroyer is 2.2cm rim thickness, the Outlaw is 2.3cm... that explains the faster flight.. but not enough to notice it in the hand.

I dont think it has more turn but it depends on which weight you get, the max weights are no turn out of the box and the 166g turn out of the box and beat in faster.

I have not thrown much of the second runs other than a black one, but didn't see any turn out of the first couple throws with it, other than more glide they seem to fly the same.

Last edited:
I threw destroyers for 8 years, my workhorse driver.

The Outlaw is for sure longer i get about 20' more but the measurements on the outlaw i think are like 0.5mm larger rim or something? dont quote me on that.

EDIT: Just looked it up, the Destroyer is 2.2cm rim thickness, the Outlaw is 2.3cm... that explains the faster flight.. but not enough to notice it in the hand.

I dont think it has more turn but it depends on which weight you get, the max weights are no turn out of the box and the 166g turn out of the box and beat in faster.

I have not thrown much of the second runs other than a black one, but didn't see any turn out of the first couple throws with it, other than more glide they seem to fly the same.

So have you been on the Outlaw exclusively? I think I'll pick a few up to try. I've been cruising this thread for a while thinking about it. Thanks!!!!!

So have you been on the Outlaw exclusively? I think I'll pick a few up to try. I've been cruising this thread for a while thinking about it. Thanks!!!!!

Well past couple years i was running out of my S/DS so i was: Destroyers and Trespass.. Then switched to Destroyers and Swords, Then Just Destroyers for a while in stages of wear, Then dropped it all and tried scorpius and Quasars and quickly went back to Destroyers because the Scorpius was like a Destroyer without the nice flex.. And then i put the destroyer back till the Outlaw came and it was EXACTLY what i wanted.

Legacy doesn't fix the consistency problem that destroyers have, but i have been watching them for a while now and they ALWAYS release solid runs. It might be a touch different dome or PLH but they seem to fluctuate back and fourth over the sweet spot and keep same colors about the same from run-to-run. I have never had trouble finding a mold from any run.

The guys molding these discs up are Top level pros, they know what they're doing.

And yea, right now im only Outlaws for the 12 speed slot, have a Beefy Legend for most OS slot, then my blue and white in the middle, with a 166g yellow for my huge flex shots, hyzer flips, and these all cover everything i could ever need.

Last edited:
My experience with them is: Outlaw = Boss distance with Destroyer/Wraith Control.

Wow thats a good way to put it, and actually out of the box they fly more like a Boss till they hit something hard, then that HSS turn shows up.. at least the max weights.

More glide (from a bigger dome) makes me think they're less HSS which wouldn't be a great thing into a heady. I'll take the extra D as I'm using the Outlaw as a replacement for my seasoned D1s where hyzer lines are available. After they season, my white FR Outlaws will be easily longer and staighter than my flippy D1s, a slot(s) I'm currently cycling Trespasses for controlled tight fairways. Whether light wt Outlaws will consistantly out distance my Rampages has yet to be tested.

My experience with them is: Outlaw = Boss distance with Destroyer/Wraith Control.

^this and I'd add in grippier/softer/slightly less durable, and better looking than star plastic.

My max wt whites are considerably more overstable that the heavy greens, and blues I've seen.

I picked up a 168 wt. fr blue and its starting off very similar to where my 167 orange started.

This sounds promising. I stay away from the Boss because I need to be feeling good to get them up to speed. Between work and family I rarely play where I'm not a little worn out or tired and I can always get a Destroyer up to speed and where I need it to go. So longer Destroyer? I like it.

Thanks for the explanation in4d. All the discs you tried are discs I enjoy so it seems were on the same page as far as that goes. I'll be ordering and/or trading for some Outlaws very soon.

Last edited:
I'd really been enjoying my pink 169g Outlaw, so I picked up two more in heavier weights. The white 173g Outlaw has a crazy amount of turn and requires a good bit of hyzer, but absolutely bombs when thrown right. The green 175g is beefier than the pink, and will be a good wind fighter for me. Regardless, they don't seem to go shorter than 400ft for me unless I'm throwing a giant hyzerbomb. I'm really enjoying this disc and I'm interested to see how they break in. Also, it has me curious about other Legacy molds as well.

Last edited:
I'd really been enjoying my pink 169g Outlaw, so I picked up two more in heavier weights. The white 173g Outlaw has a crazy amount of turn and requires a good bit of hyzer, but absolutely bombs when thrown right. The green 175g is beefier than the pink, and will be a good wind fighter for me. Regardless, they don't seem to go shorter than 400ft for me unless I'm throwing a giant hyzerbomb. I'm really enjoying this disc and I'm interested to see how they break in. Also, it has me curious about other Legacy molds as well.

Just curious, is that white one a second run?

My white First Runs only have a touch of turn at 450'.. but i haven't beat them in much yet.

2nd run, white, 173G, extremely flippy, threw it a few times, even with extreme hyzer release it flips and heads to the right, got home and immediately listed it for sale.

Just curious, is that white one a second run?

My white First Runs only have a touch of turn at 450'.. but i haven't beat them in much yet.

It is a second run. The finish is still pretty stable, but I'd say it's more like a 12,4,-2,3 instead of what the stock numbers suggest. That's at around 450ish power.

Ive only been throwing pink outlaws and the second runs are more understable than the first runs. My first run pink os beefy and ive been throwing it since they came out. I wanted back ups so i picked up the gummy ,domey second run pinks and it was not the same.

Fr pink - flat, flies like a good sds (very resistant to turn and good for wind)
Sr pink - domey, flies like my domey star wraith(big flex shots,not good in heavy wind unless poweres down on a hyzer)

I actually like the sr flight,but i had to stock up on fr pinks since i know those are pure beef. The outlaw kicked out my giants which originally kicked out destroyers.

Interesting to hear that the 2nd runs are consistently more under stable than the 1st run. Now, I think I need to pick up a couple 2nd runs to add to the bag & backup pile.

I have a white blue and black second run they are all the same PLH/Dome, i prefer the first runs that fly more like a sds or boss myself because they beat in fast enough to develop that turn some people are looking for anyways.

I expect the Production runs to fly in between the FR/SR stamps. Rico did say that he wanted these to fly like a wraith but longer, so we will see. I hope they keep the Icons flying with a little more turn because they absolutely crush.

Team Legacy guys have some pinnacle prototypes and they are flying more HSS than the Icons, like the beefy hot pinks and reds good in the wind, which im super excited for because i like pinnacle for my drivers and then i will have something to pair with my Icons for windy days.

The Pink Pinnacle prototypes that they released a very limited number (less HSS) of do not fly like the Team prototypes from what i hear.

Last edited:
I've never seen a Legend below 171g.. not to say they don't exist. I own about 30 Legend discs.

They are meant more as a tournament special blend i think, so they probably keep them in heavier weights that most of the open div throw.