• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

Yeah - mine are glossy like that, too. The plastic has a bit of a gummy feeling to it, so luckily grip has not been an issue at all for me.

It's super grippy. I'm not worried about the glossy look at all. Don't know when I'll get a chance to throw it, but I hope it's a bomber.

Finally got out and got a chance to try my Pinnacle Outlaw. It's a keeper for sure! I put it through all kinds of situations head-to-head against my go-to Destroyer and it's flight was nearly identical, with a few throws randomly way longer. My main Destroyer is a semi-domey 168 star, I would say it's on the understable side for a fresh Star Destroyer.

My lavender 168 Pinnacle Outlaw was maybe half a tick faster, but otherwise the flights were identical. Was hitting about 390 average with tailwinds and L-R crosswinds. About 360-370 in a moderate headwind or R-L crosswinds. On back to back throws I was landing in nearly the same spot most of the time, every once in a while having a freak long flyer with the Outlaw. Plus I definitely prefer the grippy feel of the Pinnacle plastic. Winner!

Slight turn, consistent strong fade. Needs quite a bit of hyzer into a moderate headwind, but will stand up and ride straight. I think the 174 Sparkle Outlaw I've got on the way will be a little better wind fighter for extreme conditions. If not, I'll pick up a heavier Orange or Green Pinnacle and I'll be set.

^^ nice to hear! i have some 167g lemonade pinnlaws but havent had a chance to toss them yet.. hoping i can use them for some forehand shots.. my 168 icon is starting to beat in to where i can throw it backhand with my noodle arm and hoping to pair one of the pinnacles with it to cover the overstable slot

I picked up a heavy pale yellow pinn that I'd call a full tick more HSS than my silver legends without being meathooks like my other pinns (orange, white, and green). The yellow falls nicely in between but more towards my sweeping fade category. The slightly less domey, hair lower PLH yellow is stable enough to take my full power flick without breaking hyzer into a 10-15mph headwind while having a touch of glide that the others don't show on full backhand rips. I've come over the top on my silver legends into 20+ winds and it stays stable straight for most of the flight before a late fade. Even though the yellow is less OS than my other three pinnacles, it will pull out and flex back in those same conditions.

Regarding any grip questions, my orange pinnacle is the most gummy and grippy followed by yellow, green, then white. I'd consider all to be excellent, good work Legacy:hfive:

In other news, I couldn't be happier dropping my stable pinnacle rampage for the light wt. 2nd run. I'm having fewer bag shots and good drives are easily over 400'. BOOM!!

Almost aced a 380' tunnel into the trees last weekend during doubles. 168 blue second run popped up on a slight hyzer and sailed just over the basket ending 50' past. Everyone was like, WOW, and my partner hit the putt so I was like, cool.

I need to decide what's the next disc in my Outlaw cycle as I now think it'll take forever to beat in the silver legend into a control distance slot instead of just hyzers. It has been killing the hyzers and love it for full power forehand spikes and low line skips.

I'm loving the red 174 Sparkle Outlaw I picked up from infinite discs during their sale last week. It's more than enough to handle a decent headwind, but it's not a meathook. Sounds similar to the pale yellow Pinnacle you described. I also picked up a blue Legend Outlaw this week and am hoping it is more overstable than the Sparkle.

These have really opened up some new shots for me. For some reason I could never forehand the Destroyer very well. But the Outlaw is really working for me, both forehand and backhand.

There are a couple holes at Squaw Creek where you need a slow, gradual left turn off the tee. I've been throwing hyzer flips with understable discs to try and follow the path. Not a lot of room for error, if you don't get enough hyzer it's easy to go off the fairway to the right. This weekend I had my best drives ever on those holes, by throwing a turnover forehand with a pinnacle Outlaw. The lighter ones will hold that anny angle and just slowly pan out, landing flat.

My order from Infinite Discs finally came in, Legend Hunter and Pinnacle Outlaw. Plastic on the latter feels fairly gummy, almost similar to the SR Icon Outlaw (which was, at least for my Orange SR, really soft Icon), very similar feel, just lacking the amount of pop-top/heartbeat the SR has. Bummer that it's still four days until I get to toss this thing at the earliest :doh: .

I think I'm going to try and track down a beefy PinnLaw soon...I'm missing something I can torque on and have it still come back. Also for those stiff headwinds where my beefy 2nd run just isn't cutting it.

So this is a bit of a weird one, but on the Pinnacle Outlaw stamp, the house has "PWC" on the marquee. Is there any relevance/significance to the letters?

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Picked up a blue Legend Outlaw and it's not nearly as OS as I hoped it would be. Sounds like the gunmetal legends are crazy overstable- what's in between? Pink?

My Green PinLaw was put through its paces today, seems solidly OS to me. It wasn't anywhere near as windy as it has been over the previous weekends, so didn't get to fully test it in terms of headwinds, but seemed like it could give my Legend Outlaw a run for its money. Though the fade on the PinLaw seemed more dumpy than forward fade that I've come to expect from the Outlaws, maybe lack of wind affected that too. It's soft/flexible and grippy, but skips along nicely when thrown low, went almost outside the circle long on #18 on a lowline, managed to adjust for a higher throw second round and carded a birdie.

Saw the stamp on these and wow do they look cool. Haven't thrown any legacy stuff yet what does this compare to?

I have a pink 167 icon outlaw that throws like a perfectly beat in star destroyer. Very straight with a nice fade at the end. Not anything close to a meathook and fights headwinds really well.

Star Destroyer. Light ones fly like a broken-in destroyer and heavy ones are more overstable (in general, depends on the color).

Picked up a blue Legend Outlaw and it's not nearly as OS as I hoped it would be. Sounds like the gunmetal legends are crazy overstable- what's in between? Pink?
After the gunmetal, I find the puddle top pink legends to be very OS

Latest posts