• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

This winter my FR White Icon Outlaw has been getting a lot of work. I was hoping I could finally beat its fade a little straighter to fill the stable purple production Icon that I used all of last year which now turns on full power into a light wind. Crazy thing is a couple weeks ago, I realized my red production Icon (former headwind fighter) was all of the sudden less stable than my most used, afore mentioned well seasoned reliable FR White. The now seasoned Red Icon's stability is right around where my purple started out last season, no turn with forward fade on a 400' flat to hyzer golf line.

In other Outlaw news, I'm testing/seasoning my gummy OS orange Pinnacle. Maybe I'll give it some winter time woods work to get it to a stability where it'll be useful on days other than when the wind is BIG. Also, I picked up another FR white Icon and SR orange to add to the collection. Finally, I've already got a light weight blue SR icon waiting for the coming tourney season that I was getting 425' with last fall.

Pfft, that's getting into sweaty territory. Played Sat and Sun in a solid high-20s (F) temps.

On a related note, we did joke about how Avery was hyping up the skips in the Aussie Open, they really should get those guys out here, playing on hard-packed snow and/or ice ground, then you can talk about skips. Plus "greens" are similar to what you find in curling :D . Lay-up 20ft short, slide on for a 15ft comeback.

So what's the latest FYI on these. Thinking about pulling the trigger on some skullboys. Thoughts?

So what's the latest FYI on these. Thinking about pulling the trigger on some skullboys. Thoughts?

Outlaws are great and definitely worth checking out. I've had the most success with lighter (~170g) pinnacles with a bit of dome to them.

So i've been heavily into a 172 white pinnacle outlaw lately for full power shots mainly FH but some backhand. It is so easy to shape lines and carve up courses! It's what I was looking for when trying to find a reliable replacement for a Champion Katana that was semi-overstable. Off the tee, I'm maxing 400-415 ft (FH) and a bit farther BH

Does anyone know why there are no Gravity or Protoge Outlaws? As popular as Pro Destroyers are, I would have thought that Legacy would try and get into that market. Personally, I would love to cycle Outlaws, but the Icons are so durable that it is a HUGE problem of I lose my seasoned ones. If I could get some in a more baseline plastic I would buy them by the handful.

I have a couple First Run Pin OUTLAWS they definitely have a higher PLH and are more OS than my other Pin Outlaw (not sure which run they are) but the are almost a different disc. 1st run very OS , later seems to be more -1 turn 2-3 fade - I have a few Icon outlaws that are pretty OS but wore into slight turn.

Curious about the new stamp which I assume is the third run.

Rox0R1.jpg

I don't know about the new stamp, but I do know about the Pinnacle/Icon color glow outlaw with the Legacy Eagle stamp. Like the Bandit I got, this feels like a sublime blend of Pinnacle and Icon plastic that reminds me of the Sexton Firebirds. The glow is also nice and strong.

It flies exactly like a good Pinlaw should. Nice and beefy but not so dumpy it can't be thrown. It's an AJ Destroyer in better plastic. Boom. Legacy is killing it right now with some of these releases. I'm one happy camper. This, paired with the Pinnacle Aftermath is an incredible 1-2 punch for my FH game.

Sorry, wish I could help! I love my Outlaws, but I have a stack of second runs that I am working through slowly. I haven't had the need to buy any from the newer run. Thanks for the info on the color glows - I was curious about those.

I'm thinking I want to pick up one of the newer Aqua Pinnacles while they are still around. Do I need it? No. The aqua Pinnacle Phenom I picked up a couple months ago is so dang nice tho. Some of the Pinnacle has that nice pearlyness/lava streaks to it that's just plain tasty.

I'll be on the lookout for 3rd run pinn outlaws. I have a pretty good stack of 1st/2nd runs that will eventually run out (probably years down the line) but would like to grab some 3rd runs for comparison. I'm not big on boutique discs that may never be available again - so I'll pass on the 'aqua pinnacle' for now. Though my aqua/baby blue 2nd run is nicely overstable where I can throw it on an anhyzer distance line and it always flexes out for me.

I gotta continue my love for the Outlaw. My cycle did work at this past weekend's tourney. My lightly seasoned second run 168 blue icon went 435' on a high flex distance line around the bend into an 11 o'clock headwind. Last year's workhorse purple icon is now my hyzer flipper with little to no fade. The purple icon doesn't do headwinds but I flipped it nearly 375' into the woods on a low tight line that moved less that 15' laterally the entire flight. My seasoning go to stable red icon production workhorse flexed nicely 410' for an easy tap in on a less than 20' high, sustained 17mph R to L crosswind with stronger gusts that was flipping less stable discs far to the right or burning them straight to the ground. My red icon did find one OB road "river" that I hoped it would fall short of. I guess that decent L to R kept it in the air longer than I thought possible even though it was less than 10' off the ground it still finished left of my target line. Stability and glide aren't always used in the same sentence by me but with a touch of anny I'm certain I could have birdied. BTW, made that 50' circle 3 putt and won pro GM by four strokes, sometimes you get lucky and finding this go fast mold that does it all has been my lucky charm for a while now.

was going to order some third runs..but when I called marshall st. to check dome he said they were all flat.

don't know if that was the intent or not of the third run. when I saw one post about finding some that were like an aj destroyer my mouth started watering. but I want some dome on mine so the glide is good.

any suggestions? I guess I could always put a wanted ad in the disc selection.

I'm looking into calling sunking and seeing if they got any with some dome that are semi light.

I'm looking into calling sunking and seeing if they got any with some dome that are semi light.

The lighter-weight (168-170g) second run Pinnacles I throw have a decent amount of dome to them. They are still pretty stable out of the box, but not nearly as beefy as the flatter max weight Pinnacles and Legends I have thrown.