• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

I'm guessing Legacy molded the new pinnacle blend "candy" Outlaw. The way it turned the Rival into a mini Firebird I can only imagine a naturally overstable mold like the Outlaw would be Super beefy.

Speaking of mini Firebird Rivals - are all of the newer clear, new stamp Pinnacles considered this 'candy' run? I picked one up used and it's not a mini Firebird but definitely more hss and can take some torque on a FH. Got another new x-out and it's not quite as beefy, just slightly more hss than my pearlies. Really trying to lock down my S/OS fairway slot and hoping these are consistently beefy.

Speaking of mini Firebird Rivals - are all of the newer clear, new stamp Pinnacles considered this 'candy' run? I picked one up used and it's not a mini Firebird but definitely more hss and can take some torque on a FH. Got another new x-out and it's not quite as beefy, just slightly more hss than my pearlies. Really trying to lock down my S/OS fairway slot and hoping these are consistently beefy.

Sounds like the couple you have are typical for the newer "clear" run. Slightly more stable than older Pinnacles. I have a new Rival in the slot between my seasoned Sparkle and my Enemy. It works great.

So I found an icon outlaw playing recently with no name or number, so I now have one to mess around with. From my understanding this is supposed to be destroyer like. I usually throw a scorpius for forehand shots, and have thrown destroyers in the past. This outlaw is much more overstable than either of those. Granted it looks like it got lost on one of its first outings, so it isn't broken in yet.

This normal for outlaws? I like the feel and plastic but it's almost too overstable to be regularly usable.

Sounds like the couple you have are typical for the newer "clear" run. Slightly more stable than older Pinnacles. I have a new Rival in the slot between my seasoned Sparkle and my Enemy. It works great.

The new 'candy' type pinnacle plastic is waaaaaay more overstable than what I want. Like uselessly overstable, almost XCal overstable. PLH on all of the ones at the store were the same, and quite a bit higher than my 1R/2R pinnacle. I do not like the direction they are headed with this run.

The new 'candy' type pinnacle plastic is waaaaaay more overstable than what I want. Like uselessly overstable, almost XCal overstable. PLH on all of the ones at the store were the same, and quite a bit higher than my 1R/2R pinnacle. I do not like the direction they are headed with this run.

Crazy. I've not thrown an Outlaw in the new clear Pinnacle. I have a stack of the lighter-weight second runs (gummy) and they work great for me. I do dig Rivals in the new clear plastic, though.

yes its unfortunate because the plastic feels amazing. so far icons have been the most consistent in weights 170+ anything below that and the plastic blend becomes different and breaks in quicker.

Outlaw

Threw one of these today. I had thrown an Icon Outlaw previously. The one I had today was Pinnacle. Pretty nice driver. A little on the flat side, and it didn't glide great. I'd equate it to a champion Destroyer. At 169g I was able to turn it over a bit on hard shots, but it wanted to fade fairly early and abruptly. Consistent flier. The overstability helped me figure out in a hurry how to throw it accurately.

The Outlaw isn't really a max distance driver for me. It doesn't glide well enough and it fades out too soon. It does work well for slicing through headwinds. The Outlaw can handle a ton of arm without flipping. IMO its a solid mold. Probably the closest disc to a Destroyer I've seen by any manufacturer.

Plastic is outstanding. Shiny and pearly. I think Pinnacle is some of the best plastic on the market.

Outlaw: 12, 4, 0, 3. Flies like a Destroyer or faster Starfire. No real high speed turn and the glide is average. It won't set any distance records either.

Outlaw needs some dome to have real distance potential IMO. The flat ones are pretty low-glide as described. The FR and SR lightweight pinnacles (lavender, lemonade colors) are bombers. Plenty of glide.

I think that is generally true with most discs. They need some dome, more air to hang underneath them for glide.

No outlaw expert here but my upper 160's icons I bought last fall (primarly for a tacky softer gripping plastic) were bombers. They were not pop top but just had some reasonable dome.

Finding some with some "good dome" in the upper 160's was extremely difficult. Being a seasoned vet I suspected that particular criteria for a really good distance disc was necessary and I was dead on.

I have an array of these suckers now - Swirly Icon - Flippy (ish) - Museum Mansion stamp Icon slight turn, trust stable most bombs - Pearly Pinnacle the perfect amount of turn like perfectly worn in -- Another Pearly Pinnacle that is a tick more OS than my bomber one --- First run Pinnacle still most OS of the Run

I hear this new Pinnacle is stupid OS? I could kinda tell by feeling them out in the store - kinda sad, I found the 2 slightly turnable Outlaws to be my favorite and really trusty - too bad this consistency thing is affecting Legacy as well. Any word on Patriots? I have 4 Pats now and love em but curious if the new run is way different?

Just received my new pink swirly icon bottom stamp. I'll test it out tomorrow. Certainly would not call it domey, but seems to be similar to my pinnacle that flys far

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_201630.jpg
    IMG_20181103_201630.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20181103_161213.jpg
    IMG_20181103_161213.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20181103_161219.jpg
    IMG_20181103_161219.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 51
We're supposed to have 17mph wind with 75% chance of rain for the final round Sunday. I'm dusting off the silver surfer legend outlaw for potential big boy gusts.

It's been a while since I've posted in the Outlaw thread but my cycle set up is about the same.

Most to least stable:

175 silver legend (da beef)
175 red production icon (overstable)
175 white FR icon (main backhand 370-410' and forehand 310')
175 red SR icon (flat and not for headwinds; backhand 390-425' on a tight flex; forehand 330')
173 purple production icon (understable hyzer flip)
168 blue SR icon (tailwind bomber; needs room to work to 440' max)

I've got so many Outlaw backups I really need to think through which ones I want/need to work into the cycle... first world problems:eek:

Some quick highlights 2018 Lee Naquin... Cam Colglazier won open by 6 shots, he pretty good.

So good news is it didn't rain, bad news is a similar 17mph R to L crosswind as last year turned my now seasoned production red into the ground 150' early on the same flex line.

quoted from last year:
My seasoning go to stable red icon production workhorse flexed nicely 410' for an easy tap in on a less than 20' high, sustained 17mph R to L crosswind with stronger gusts that was flipping less stable discs far to the right or burning them straight to the ground.

175 silver legend [dumbass left it in the car:wall:]
175 red production icon (overstable) [had a birdie 30' uphill flick with 300' power on a stable straight line in a strong R to L:D Flipped like a bitch on my slightly over turned flex:doh:
175 white FR icon (main backhand 370-410' and forehand 310') [parked a 360' slightly uphill on a hyzer:) Also, flipped to hit tree and fall OB water on a 420' R to L wind:eek:
175 red SR icon (flat and not for headwinds; backhand 390-425' on a tight flex; forehand 330') [tailwind slight flip up to flat for a 425' less than 8' lazer with a sweeping 50' late fade
173 purple production icon (understable hyzer flip) [450' sky turnover on a L to R helping tailwind]:thmbup:
168 blue SR icon (tailwind bomber; needs room to work to 440' max) [hit the ceiling on 380' tunnel #1]:eek:

Last edited:
I hyzered out my overstable 175 silver surfer legend Outlaw 25' deep into the lake yesterday:eek: It has been my beefy big wind fighter for years<3 I put it on a flex line away from the water but a light grip slip and she gone.

It was too OS for my sidearm, would straighten out in 20+mph headwinds buts it's rarely that windy in Memphis, I have three others, so I shouldn't be that upset, right:(

Last edited:
Is the consensus still 170+ icon outlaws are the move for OS but workable? Also, are the Candy pinnacles still all the beef?

So I grabbed a new 169 Pinnacle Outlaw last weekend for $10 and I've gotten 1 throw with it that I know is not how it flies (too much Hyzer). It's a really nice Pink and has an amazing tacky grip. I've never felt a disc that feels like it feels in terms of grip/flex. What should I expect flight wise with 425'+ power?

I throw 166-169 Pinn Outlaws as my main Max D disc. They're like a beaten-in Destroyer out of the box. Released flat they will drift quite a bit to the right and finish hard. As they beat in they'll lose the finish a bit. For me they are best thrown low with a little bit of hyzer, they go far in a hurry.

Outlaws have always intrigued me. How do they feel in the hand? Kind of deep like a Destroyer or more shallow like a Trespass or Katana?