• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Michael Johansen Walk Off

The Michael Johansen Walk Off

• Very cool, he's the man.

Votes: 98 53.6%
  • I'm ok with it.

Votes: 65 35.5%
  • Don't like it, he should watch his disc.

Votes: 20 10.9%

• Total voters
And the sign says "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
So I put my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that, huh, me working for you"

MJ is no doubt laughing at these posts, hell he's got Holly Finley carrying his bag -- freaking rock star! :thmbup:

And that short video I shot of him signing discs and shaking hands was about 2 minutes before he walked over to tee it up for the finals at Mad City. Very calm, joking around, etc. He seems genuinely grateful for the attention he gets from fans, and for the opportunity to throw discs and compete at the highest level, even at his advanced age! ;) :p

Bald on top with a tail isn't a good look for anyone, no matter how "chill" the dude is.

Are you anti-bald with long hair anything or just anti-bald with ponytail? B/c if he let those luxurious locks free like Bill Bailey he could be even more dominant IMO.

How about Pigtails?

94fed4d1f85abe9a5c0b4df0499b22ec389046fb_m.gif

MJ is my hero regardless for making Castle Hayne his bitch all these years. :thmbup:

Main reason I do not play in tournaments anymore - way too slow, and can not handle the guy who takes forever to throw or putt...........

Main reason I do not play in tournaments anymore - way too slow, and can not handle the guy who takes forever to throw or putt...........

This drives me nuts. And I see it with 820-rated guys that have played the course many times. Line up the shot with 10-12 little practice swings, go back to the bag for a different disc, line up some more practice swings, then finally throw and immediately hit a tree 15' in front of their lie. Then they go through it all over again.

They would probably have had better luck had they just thought about what disc to throw before reaching their lie, and thrown it without all of the stupid personal rituals. When you're already 20 odd strokes back, the dramatics are doing nothing for you.

No, I'm not an eliteist. I just don't see the point, and it holds up play to the point of being rediculous.

*sorry for the thread jack*