• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Michael Johansen Walk Off

The Michael Johansen Walk Off

• Very cool, he's the man.

Votes: 98 53.6%
  • I'm ok with it.

Votes: 65 35.5%
  • Don't like it, he should watch his disc.

Votes: 20 10.9%

• Total voters
As someone who does not play too many structured events with spotters, I never, ever, EVER take my eyes off of my throw. You never know what kind of crazy things the disc will do (or won't do hahaha) once it touches ground. I usually see bad players turning their backs on a throw once it is careening off the fairway. Great way to lose discs. Not for me.

If I stripe one down the fairway perfectly where I want it to go, I do the very same thing. If I miss my mark, sure I need to watch, but no need if I throw it right. It lets my card mates know I'm in the zone and they are in trouble!

No problem with MJ's style of walking off the tee pad; gets the next player on the pad faster. He doesn't come across as an arrogant person to me. Like Thug said, the turds that look away after a bad shot cause problems for the rest of the card/field.

One dude we play with stares his disc down as he walks backwards off the tee so everyone has to move or he steps on you, every time. The next thrower has to pick a path around him. I prefer MJ's style. Efficient. The only good reason to not like MJ is if you're a chipmunk.

Last edited:
If his intention is to seem arrogant then thats, well, arrogant. But if its just part of his groove then let him groove. :)

Yeah 100%...unless, as others have stated, you have to spend a lot of time looking for someone else's disc. Then I might mess with their groove by pointing out that our pace of play might be better if they watched where their disc landed. I know, I'm a buzz kill :eek:

For MJ that's obviously not the case.

As someone who does not play too many structured events with spotters, I never, ever, EVER take my eyes off of my throw. You never know what kind of crazy things the disc will do (or won't do hahaha) once it touches ground. I usually see bad players turning their backs on a throw once it is careening off the fairway. Great way to lose discs. Not for me.

I'm in the same boat. I think the point is that, with MJ's level of control, he does know what's going to happen, even after the disc hits the ground. Gotta respect that.

I also just like watching the disc fly. Even if I hit my line and know exactly where it's landing, I still watch it. Gotta savor that success because it's not yet every throw for me.

When the shot is right no need to stare it down and onputts, if it feels right when I let go I have no want to watch a spit out happen if it does

And if i lose a disc somehow then so be it. Have been playing the game for a bit,so i do have some idea where they are going. :)

He can know where it's headed but he can never know where it'll stop.

Let's take a wild guess on how many discs mj lost this weekend (counting in the water). 100% that number will be a zero. If you dislike it you dislike that someone is so much better than you. Not that they don't watch the near perfect throws.

When the shot is right no need to stare it down and onputts, if it feels right when I let go I have no want to watch a spit out happen if it does

I actually quite enjoy watching you walk toward the basket before the putt hits. It gives the whole thing a very Steph Curry vibe. :D

And if i lose a disc somehow then so be it. Have been playing the game for a bit,so i do have some idea where they are going. :)

Coolest cat in disc golf. Been riding on the MJ train for a while, but moving up to the front seats the more I watch you play. ;)

Latest posts