• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The MILO Disc Golf by KEEN

Will you buy a pair of MILO Disc Golf Shoes??

• Yes

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters
I won't be buying them either since

a) I'm cheap

b) I don't play enough to justify the cost. My old Adidas shell-toes or $30 Columbia trail shoes are holding up just fine

c) I don't have any issues w/ toe-drag or traction, which also makes it tough to justify the cost.

But I will say this: If nothing else, they damn sure look better than the Bite shoes! :p

sleepy

Jeronimo said:
Furthur said:
discspeed said:
Hey moderators...Doesn't Avery deserve a better title than NOOB? Just a thought... :wink:

The DGR community voted against giving sponsored players special titles. However, he does qualify for a title that a few others have around here...

When and why in the hell did we do that? I think its a great idea. I'd love to know if I was chatting with a pro.

http://discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13523

Regardless, this is not the thread for this type of discussion. I am curious about the shoes though. Avery, I think you were sponsored by Salomon at some point. I know that the 2 companies produce 2 different types of shoes, but could you compare the pros and cons of each brand?

May be worth trying for my next pair if I could try them on first, but I believe it said this model was only available online.

tumpsi said:
I might give them a go since Salomon doesn't make shoes that last in DG use. I've had 4 pairs of XA Pro ultra 3d's in the last 1.5 years, none of them lasted more than 3 months of 0 to 10 hours a week of DG. Their warranty policy is quite OK since I got all the 4 pairs for the price of one, but I'm not KEEN on changing shoes in every 2 months.

I wish KEEN's will be available in europe or Finland in early 2010.

I had a pair of the XA Pros and they didn't last for me either...I wish they had though b/c they were so lightweight and comfy, and the lacing system was the bomb. You should try some of Salomon's beefier hiking shoes instead of trail runners, I've had 4-5 pairs over the years, and though they're beat up and blown out on the sides a bit, they're still good enough that I can use them as a spare set of dry shoes if need be.

Back on the subject of the Milo's, $110 isn't a bad price, most quality shoes like Salomons and Merells are around that these days, especially if they're waterproof. That being said though, I never pay full price MSRP for shoes, I always look for good deals on steepandcheap or sierra trading post when getting new shoes. So yeah, I'd be willing to give these a go, but will wait until I see them on sale.

Salomon did a lot better re-designing their shoes in 2008. The 2 piece sole (a separate heel and toe sole) was a big improvement IMO. I've had my current XT Wings for the past 6 months, and have been very impressed with them.

I'll consider them if they fit well. They'll probably have to run narrow (just not running wide isn't good enough) for them to fit me, though.

To be honest I have been excited with this shoe since Avery and Val told me about it. As soon as they have size 13 i will be ordering them. I baught my first pair of keens in September and they are amazing. I bought a pair of newport trails The waterproofing is outstanding. I have always had issues with my feet being cold once they get wet. IT could be the middle of summer my feet sweating like crazy and my feet are cold (circulation is fine it has been checked) . Keens keep my feet from comfy and toasty. I love em and cant wait to get the milo's.

Thank you to Avery and Val for turning me into a keen fan and supporter.

Aviar7495 said:
rooneytunes said:
The only shoe worth calling a disc golf shoe should have the inside of the toe cap extended to prevent wear from toe drag. Cause no amount of gore tex is gonna keep water from seeping into a torn shoe. And for $110 they should be built to withstand the beating that an avid disc golfer can dish out. Why do you think they put the rhyno liner on the sides? Kinda cheesy, right?

There is a significant toe cap covering the front of the shoe that prevents serious wear and damage caused due dragging of the toe while throwing. Most durable toe cap as compared to any other trail shoe that you might wear while playing Disc Golf.

Keep in mind, that these are first off a Trail Shoe. Once these have been successful on the market, then some real R & D can be put into the shoe market to design a shoe specifically molded and constructed for Disc Golf.

We are on the brink of something very huge for our sport.

Nice to know about the toe cap. The toe cap on my last pair of Keens didn't quite go far enough around the inside of the shoe. That's a HUGE positive for me. That allied with Keen's comfortable, roomy toe box could get my feet into these shoes. It'll be nice to hear some reviews on how they hold up. I'd like a Targhee disc golf spinoff.

These look pretty nice. Its awesome that a large outdoor shoe company is interested in our sport.

I bought a pair of Keen's Shellrocks back in July and they have held up well. I weigh 170 lbs and play about 3-5 times a week. Keen's version of goretex is very good, they have stayed dry in rain and very dewy grass. I did by them on sale at Cabela's so that was a big plus.

I'll probably be getting a pair of these. Solomons are too narrow for my foot. Hearing that Keens run wide is great for me. I tried on a pair of similar-looking Keen trail runners at REI the other day, and they fit well. I wish they were available at REI so I could get my dividends, wait for a member discount, and return them if I wanted to. I'll still probably get them, though. I currently wear New Balance trail runners. They're great, but I've been wanting a serious, water proof pair of shoes.

Went to the Keen site as these would make a good Christmas gift and they only have size 7.5 :(

Jerrod said:
Went to the Keen site as these would make a good Christmas gift and they only have size 7.5 :(

Here is the email USDGC competitors received this week regarding the Milo:

"Congratulations on qualifying and playing in the 2009 USDGC!

In all your player packs you received a Free Shoe card from KEEN Footwear.

While your Free Shoe card is good for any pair of shoes KEEN offers, many of you have been waiting for the release of the Milo, KEEN's brand new disc golf shoe.

A very limited size run is available now, but don't worry more is on the way, due to arrive in the next couple of weeks.

If you are interested in this shoe, please check out our website.

If your size is not available, you can sign up for a size specific email to be sent to you the second your size becomes available for sale in our warehouse.

If you have a Free Shoe card, please go to: http://www.keenfootwear.com/pro

After creating an account, or signing in, you can enter in your code and shop.

Please go to the Milo Product Page, in the Mens Trailhead section, and click on the link that says "Don't See Your Size?" to have an email sent to you when your size comes in.

It is as easy as that! You will get an email the second your size becomes available.

A few FAQ's:

1. What sizes does this shoe come in?

This shoe will be available in Men's sizes only: 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.5, 10.0, 10.5, 11.0, 11.5, 12, 13, 14

2. Are there additional colors coming in?

At this time it is offered in one color, Gargoyle/Drizzle.

3. What if I live outside the U.S.?

International players who selected the Milo, are being sent their pair directly when the inventory arrives.

4. What if it doesn't fit, can I return the shoe?

Yes. We offer a 30 day return policy. If you need to return or exchange please do so within 30 days of your order.

Just go back to the website http://www.keenfootwear.com/pro sign in, and follow the prompts after clicking the Return/Exchange yellow button."

colombo117 said:
These look pretty nice. Its awesome that a large outdoor shoe company is interested in our sport.

I bought a pair of Keen's Shellrocks back in July and they have held up well. I weigh 170 lbs and play about 3-5 times a week. Keen's version of goretex is very good, they have stayed dry in rain and very dewy grass. I did by them on sale at Cabela's so that was a big plus.

You like there version of Gore-Tex because Keen Dry was produced by the inventor of Gore-Tex!!!!

Here's the link for the MILO - http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/fw09/shoes/men/trailhead/milo/drizzle!gargoyle

Check them out!!!!!!!!

Latest posts