• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The MILO Disc Golf by KEEN

Will you buy a pair of MILO Disc Golf Shoes??

• Yes

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Aviar7495

4074924025_549f51829f_b.jpg

The MILO Disc Golf Shoe by KEEN set to release on November 20th, 2009.

Only available for sale online at www.KEENFootwear.com - $110

A variety of Disc Golfers have tested the MILO in all weather conditions. It provides excellent grip properties, asymmetrical lacing and reinforced toe bumper. Perfect for all weather and all terrain.

Description:

Disc Golf has a new best friend! Step up to the tee box with the MILO from KEEN. Designed to carry disc golfers through even the most demanding of conditions, the MILO features KEEN.DRY waterproof barrier, reinforced toe bumpers, asymmetrical lacing and superior grip properties keeping your feet dry, protected and in place. More stock coming soon!

Specs:

Lining: Waterproof breathable lining
Upper: Synthetic, Webbing, Mesh
Rubber: Non-marking rubber
Fit Tip: We find this style runs about a 1/2 size small.
Activities: Trail Running, Hiking
Type: Shoes
Weather: Wet – waterproof

Features:

- KEEN.DRY Waterproof Breathable Membrane
- KEEN Toe Protection
- Anti-Bunch Asymmetrical Flex Lace System
- S3 Heel Support Structure
- Multi-Directional 3 MM Lug Outsole for Traction
- Removable Metatomical Tri-Density Footbed

HYBRID.OLOGIES:

S3
Shock, suspension, stability – otherwise known as S3 – is engineered to support the foot on impact, dissipate shock and reduce your odds of twisting an ankle.

KEEN.DRY
A proprietary waterproof, breathable membrane that lets vapor out without letting water in.

METATOMICAL FOOTBED DESIGN
This internal support mechanism is anatomically engineered to provide excellent arch support and cradle the natural contours of the foot.

KEEN.PROTECT
Can a sandal protect your toes? The answer is yes. The reason is KEEN Patented Toe Protection where the shoe outsoles wrap up and over the toes for ultimate protection.

KEEN has been a generous sponsor to the Master's Cup and Beaver State Fling Disc Golf National Tour Events, as well a Major sponsor to this year's United States Disc Golf Championships. They want to see the sport of Disc Golf grow in popularity and increase the number of players worldwide.

Please help support the companies that help to support Disc Golf!!!!!!!!!!

html is not recognized on the board so I changed things over to bbcode.

Also I can't afford to spend that much on shoes. :cry:

if there we 70ish..maybe...but until then....I go through my DG shoes to fast to piss away 110....

I throw bare foot (no joke). If I didn't, they look nice. 110? Probably not.

I would buy them if they weren't made in china out of absolute sh¡t material like the rest of keen's stuff. for $110 they better last for more than 10 years. Keen has not impressed me.

keltik said:
I would buy them if they weren't made in china out of absolute sh¡t material like the rest of keen's stuff. for $110 they better last for more than 10 years. Keen has not impressed me.

you're always so angry, why are you so angry all the time?

Nope...tread doesn't look all that great. I base my dg shoes on two things...gotta be goretex and gotta have some serious lugs on the bottom to give me a confident foot hold when throwing.

Frank Delicious said:
keltik said:

Fo Reelz

wow, I might just buy a pair to offset all the naysaying going on in this thread...

I'm not a huge fan of the style but $110 is reasonable for the shoe. I've no doubt it will be comfy, waterproof, and will perform well. I just really don't need more shoes... :|

im tempted to buy some out of pure principal but Keens usually run very wide and my feet are pretty slim :( also it looks like those treads would be gone way too fast and im not sure if i can break my addiction to Lowa boots

The only shoe worth calling a disc golf shoe should have the inside of the toe cap extended to prevent wear from toe drag. Cause no amount of gore tex is gonna keep water from seeping into a torn shoe. And for $110 they should be built to withstand the beating that an avid disc golfer can dish out. Why do you think they put the rhyno liner on the sides? Kinda cheesy, right?

Jesse B 707 said:
im tempted to buy some out of pure principal but Keens usually run very wide and my feet are pretty slim :( also it looks like those treads would be gone way too fast and im not sure if i can break my addiction to Lowa boots

This style (shellrock model) of theirs does tend to run a bit more narrow Jesse, might be worth checking out.

$110 is 2-3 pairs of Montrail trail runners on Steep and Cheap so I gots to say na-nay-no my brother. Sa-da-tay.

dgdave said:
Frank Delicious said:
keltik said:

Fo Reelz

hey it's not like i'm calling people names and stuff. I'm not hatin' on the OP. He's just promoting his sponsor's products. I really want to like keen shoes. they are the exact shape of my foot and are the perfect width. it's just that they do not meet my "durability for price" standards. I'm not buying them because I've had poor quality experiences with keen shoes (both pairs came apart or the soles wore out in 1 WEEKS time). so why would I want to buy a product from a company that i don't feel confident in, and knowing how rough our sport is on shoes.

If someone buys these and say they are more durable and are really worth the money, and their review is backed up by 10 other people I'll buy a pair.

keltik said:
dgdave said:
Frank Delicious said:
keltik said:

Fo Reelz

hey it's not like i'm calling people names and stuff. I'm not hatin' on the OP. He's just promoting his sponsor's products. I really want to like keen shoes. they are the exact shape of my foot and are the perfect width. it's just that they do not meet my "durability for price" standards. I'm not buying them because I've had poor quality experiences with keen shoes (both pairs came apart or the soles wore out in 1 WEEKS time). so why would I want to buy a product from a company that i don't feel confident in, and knowing how rough our sport is on shoes.

If someone buys these and say they are more durable and are really worth the money, and their review is backed up by 10 other people I'll buy a pair.

That didn't really explain why you said it so angrily. You should really hit the course and blow off some steam.

Hmmm, my keens made it threw the entire season (DG and Landscaping) which is uber rare as I usually wear down two or three pairs a season. I will deffinetly be giving these a shot.

Frank Delicious said:
That didn't really explain why you said it so angrily. You should really hit the course and blow off some steam.

okay i won't pull a bradley walker and let this thing go 50+ pages before the truth comes out.

so here it is:

1.) I've been out of work since the end of February and my Unemployment ran out 2 weeks ago.

2.) I have a foot that's shaped like a catfish. Keen's fit perfectly, I mean like I had designed the damn things myself. I shelled out the bucks twice and got let down twice like a fat girl at the prom.

3.) I'm a generally pessimistic guy and a consumer advocate especially when it comes to footwear.

Latest posts