• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I would like some feed back before I drop some bucks on these shoes

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I do have some great disc golf shoes for good weather, but I am in the market also for some water proof shoes. I found these, and being the New Balance fan that I am, I am very interested in these. I would like to know if anyone has tried these, and if so, how did you like them. How did they wear, and how waterproof are they , really? Thanks for the info:

New Balance MO120GT

A stable and durable hiking boot built for heavy wear, the 1500 is packed with support and comfort. GORE-TEX waterproof protection will keep your feet dry as you take on the toughest terrains!

GORE-TEX® fabric offers waterproof protection and durability.
Vibram® outsole provides maximum surface contact and multi-directional traction
Tectonic Tongue™ engineered foam features three modules with flex points that correspond to the three main flex areas of the foot, resulting in evenly distributed pressure
Strong Polyurethane Midsole for stable cushioning
Leather upper for natural comfort, durability, and breathability
Lace locking hardware
Monogusset tongue
Color: Brown
Shoe Weight: 652 grams (23 oz)
Shoe Last: MOL-01

NewBalanceGortexboots.jpg

Yo MB!

I have no experience with those particular shoes, but you can't really go wrong with Gore-Tex and/or Vibram soles, imo.

Yo MB!

I have no experience with those particular shoes, but you can't really go wrong with Gore-Tex and/or Vibram soles, imo.

I don't have experience with Vibram or Gor-Tex , but I have heard good things about both.

Gore-Tex is the best in the business for keeping water out while being breathable so your shoes don't just turn into saunas, and Vibram is one of the best shoe soles you're going to find. If you go with those, spend some time when you first buy them using leather specific water proofing, the ones you brush on are more effective but take longer and are messier than the sprays. Also, reapply the water proofing every 6 months to a year, and the leather won't soak up water and get heavy, and it'll keep the seams from turning into leak points.

Gore-Tex is the best in the business for keeping water out while being breathable so your shoes don't just turn into saunas, and Vibram is one of the best shoe soles you're going to find. If you go with those, spend some time when you first buy them using leather specific water proofing, the ones you brush on are more effective but take longer and are messier than the sprays. Also, reapply the water proofing every 6 months to a year, and the leather won't soak up water and get heavy, and it'll keep the seams from turning into leak points.

Cool, thanks for the info:thmbup:

I am bookmarking this.... i'm really impressed with these. I prefer high ankle support. These look more street-friendly than merrels.

Here's you some feedback:

You need to get those.... they are New Balance, they are Vibram, AND the are Gore-Tex. You cant go wrong brah.

they look like heavy high tops. For those long days of disc golf you need your legs. Heavy shoes will take the spring out of your step.

they look like heavy high tops. For those long days of disc golf you need your legs. Heavy shoes will take the spring out of your step.

I have played 3 rounds in hiking boots, and I wear steel toe boots 12 hours a day at work , so I don't think these will be a problem.

I have played 3 rounds in hiking boots, and I wear steel toe boots 12 hours a day at work , so I don't think these will be a problem.
I was going to ask the same thing but it seems like you're OK with it.

I didn't bring my boots to the course once and wore some skate shoes. I threw about 20 extra feet because my run-ups weren't as clunky. Now I've scaled back to low top Merrells.

I have gotten off work in the moring and gone straight to the practice field and thrown in my steal toe boots before, and never really noticed a difference.

I wear these Brazos Task Force 6inch Steeltoe Service Boots 11-13 hours a day at work, and they don't bother me at all. I think the New Balance boots will work great.

serviceboots.jpg