• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The most important part of TEE SIGNS

I've tried using a laser range finder to measure hole distances on a course, but we couldn't get it to work because of the lighting conditions (shady course on a sunny day), and because we couldn't keep the laser steady enough in our hands for it to get a "fix." If you have the right tools, like a survey stake and a tripod, it would probably work.

Another thought: you will find it very frustrating to measure fairways with a 100' reel tape, even if you have a friend. You're going to want one at least 300' long, unless you have a pitch-and-putt course. You would be amazed how long it can take to anchor the tape, run it out to its full length, mark a spot, reel it back in, measure the next section of the fairway, etc. And it's terrible if you have a busy course where players are waiting for you to measure.

I'm in the VERY beginning stages of the course design. All I have done so far is walked the property with my range finder and a map to make notes on. So far I haven't had any issues using it, but we'll find out. Thanks for the heads up.

Tee Signs Designs

I was SO hoping that a diagram or picture of the hole's layout wasn't going to be as important as it seems to be. We're moving into the construction phase of The Springwood Players' Course and I had designed simple, color coded tee signs for each pad with the course name at top left, logo pic at top right, and hole info of hole number, par, distance, elevation and effective length centered underneath. As it is a mostly open course, with most baskets visible from most pads, despite the 9000' total length and with plans for a course overview sign with course map at #1 and score cards with a course map, I was hoping that individual graphic representations on each tee sign wouldn't be considered a necessity. So, I guess I'll slide the hole info to the left making room on the right for my design partner, a graphic artist to insert a graphic representation.

Latest posts