• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] The most underrated max distance drivers

I'm not going to call the Corvette underrated. It's too new. That said, I've seen quite a few Corvettes around here. They seem to be popular.

The Corvette is all over the place. I've seen everything from flippy to really beefy and glideless. Big distance potential, but you never know what you're getting until you actually throw one. G* Corvettes seem to be the longest, and the flippiest.

So.. Corvette == Groove? ;)

So.. Corvette == Groove? ;)

No. The Corvette is still 20X better than the Groove. Even a "bad" Corvette is still a pretty decent distance driver.

The Corvette is one of Innova's longest molds, but they're definitely all over the place as far as stability goes.

The Groove is a f'ing abortion.

I'm really liking my s-CD3. Nice hyzerflip distance lines. Some say it's less overstable wraith...

No. The Corvette is still 20X better than the Groove. Even a "bad" Corvette is still a pretty decent distance driver.

The Corvette is one of Innova's longest molds, but they're definitely all over the place as far as stability goes.

The Groove is a f'ing abortion.

Going from Star to G* is a move of like 2 to 3 places on the turn scale. This disc in Star is one power hungry disc.

Going from Star to G* is a move of like 2 to 3 places on the turn scale. This disc in Star is one power hungry disc.

Truth. I have to put pretty much all I have into a star Corvette to get it on a nice S curve flight. G* Corvettes turn way easier. They seem to glide better and have less late fade as well.

Back in the Thrasher thread a while ago you didn't have good experience with the Daedalus Twmccoy. What has changed to sway your opinion?

Back in the Thrasher thread a while ago you didn't have good experience with the Daedalus Twmccoy. What has changed to sway your opinion?

IDK. I think I found a batch of more overstable Daedaluses. The ones I've been throwing lately (champion) have been really good.

I don't ever see Prodigy discs in general. Seems retailers can get Innova Discraft and Trilogy, but rarely Prodigy. Also Prodigy barely shows up in InfiniteDisc sales. Are D2s underrated? I picked up two 400 D2 drivers from the marketplace. Wow. One is more stable, and the other is true to the numbers with a -1 turn. They both glide effortlessly long, and the one with more turn is very long with not much effort.

The other D2 is more stable and almost identical to my opto defender, which goes far, but won't really turn, so distance has to come forced on turnover.

Is a Pharaoah overrated? So far and so straight.

Also, I found my Thrasher that I left on a football field.

I don't ever see Prodigy discs in general. Seems retailers can get Innova Discraft and Trilogy, but rarely Prodigy. Also Prodigy barely shows up in InfiniteDisc sales. Are D2s underrated? I picked up two 400 D2 drivers from the marketplace. Wow. One is more stable, and the other is true to the numbers with a -1 turn. They both glide effortlessly long, and the one with more turn is very long with not much effort.

The other D2 is more stable and almost identical to my opto defender, which goes far, but won't really turn, so distance has to come forced on turnover.

Is a Pharaoh overrated? So far and so straight.

The Reason Prodigy discs beyond putters and midrange are not wanted is due to how Prodigy needed to redo the molds back in 2015-2016 sometime for the whole lineup. Some of the drivers are not great anymore from what others say from prior to the remake of the molds. Most discs that are liked came out after the redo of molds or came out better in the redo of the molds.

Last edited:

Is a Pharaoah overrated? So far and so straight.

The D2 might be a little underrated. Like I said before, I've generally had OK experiences with them. It's a fairly reliable mold, though I have seen a little inconsistency from disc to disc.

Prodigy just isn't all that big or popular. I don't see a ton of their discs around.

I've only thrown 1 Pharaoh, and it didn't really impress me. I'm not going to judge the mold having only thrown 1 of them. The Pharaoh I have flies like a beefier Shryke with less glide. It was shorter than I was hoping for.

The D2 might be a little underrated. Like I said before, I've generally had OK experiences with them. It's a fairly reliable mold, though I have seen a little inconsistency from disc to disc.

Prodigy just isn't all that big or popular. I don't see a ton of their discs around.

I've only thrown 1 Pharaoh, and it didn't really impress me. I'm not going to judge the mold having only thrown 1 of them. The Pharaoh I have flies like a beefier Shryke with less glide. It was shorter than I was hoping for.

My s swirl pharaoh took months of beating to get the turn and tame the fade. I understand how you felt. Now I can get 350+ with a 10' ceiling. (Granted some will do that with a fairway or mid, but I am happy).

Latest posts