• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Hahaha yea.... does a vroc even count.... its more like a discus disc grew a bead in some deformed cancerous growth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We tried for a long time to get people to stop talking about Roc3's in this thread since Roc3's are NOT the mythical Roc, but they are like bad pennies. They always turn back up. :|

I get that, but originally I was just responding to a question about peoples roc setups.

Yeah, I'm just joking. Mostly. :|

I just had this happen on a local board where a discussion of KC Pro Rocs became Roc3X's and flat tops and went all over the place. That is what people think when you say "Roc" today. We can't fight it.

Well, we CAN fight it. We are just going to lose. :\

It depends on the course, but I've currently got 2 in the bag: a 6/10 DX and a 7.5/10 Star Sanny. The DX is for hyzer flip to straight shots and turnovers (although it will still fade a bit with enough height or if I back off the power). The Star Sanny will flip up a little, ride straight for a long time and fade gently. For more stable duties if the course or conditions require, I might throw in a 2016 Color Glow Champion (or any number of others out of my stack honestly depending on my mood).

5 for me right now. 1 Champ, 4 DX. 2 of the DX are basically backing each other up.
Which part of the cycle are you backing up? Maybe a better way to put it, what stability are your idential Rocs? Are they overstable, straight or flippy? Why do you find a need to carry two of them that are the same stability? I'm just curious.

4 Rocs: A Kenny 4x and 3 KCs.--One fresh and solidly OS. One seasoned to straight. And one on the flippy side of straight. The two seasoned ones are very close to each other.

Plus two BT Harps (fresh and well seasoned)--they're just very OS Rocs that eat up all the power and don't glide. For me anyway.

Last edited:
three for me: hyzer flippy kc pro, stable kc pro, and an overstable champ rancho usdgc 2016 roc (lucha roc).

i wish i could be the guy that trusts a new kc pro roc in windy conditions, but even if it's calm i use the champion rancho roc on hyzer if it's an open 250-290ft upshot.

Which part of the cycle are you backing up? Maybe a better way to put it, what stability are your idential Rocs? Are they overstable, straight or flippy? Why do you find a need to carry two of them that are the same stability? I'm just curious.

They are straight. I like having a backup of the straight flyer just in case, and also because they are harder to replace than the other stabilities. I have a bunch of fresh ones and enough beat ones to replace those stabilities.

I've gone full circle on midranges a few times (Buzzz > Roc > Truth > Buzzz > Roc3) and found the Roc3 to be the best fit for my cycling mold. Fits in hand well, can find overstable ones (heavy Color Glow) and has great plastics for cycling. Since I started from scratch with Roc3s, I have had to build up a cycle and have supplemented with Comets. I've been bagging my less stable DX Roc3 for a year and it's only dead straight, not a turnover disc yet.

Champ Color Glow Roc3 (overstable)
Relatively Fresh DX Roc3 (stable)
Seasoned DX Roc3 (straight)
Seasoned Z Comet (slightly understable)
Seasoned X Comet (very understable)

I bag 5 now but could cut it to 4. I just like having a second sweet spot for second shots and other tomfoolery. Technically, I could consolidate it to 3 since the Fresh and Seasoning spots are very similar.

Fresh KC - beef
Seasoning KC - less beef
Sweet Spot KC - straight
Sweet Spot DX - straight
DX Ontario - turnovers and anhyzers

Three bagged Rocs for me, one KC and two DX Ranchos. Also have a VIP Bard and an X Comet since I like having a premium plastic OS bookend and I keep losing my DX Rocs before they get to Comet stability.

I bag 5 now but could cut it to 4. I just like having a second sweet spot for second shots and other tomfoolery. Technically, I could consolidate it to 3 since the Fresh and Seasoning spots are very similar.

Fresh KC - beef
Seasoning KC - less beef
Sweet Spot KC - straight
Sweet Spot DX - straight
DX Ontario - turnovers and anhyzers

I like this, sweet to describe the middle phase of the cycle - 1. fresh, 2. sweet, 3. beat.

I currently have 7 ranchos in the cart of 31 discs.

Champ - os

3 KC - fresh, sweet, and beat

1 KC flat top - fresh, straight tunnel shots

2 DX - fresh and sweet.

I don't mind and actually seek overlap in my dx and kc rocs because I have a disc that I am familiar with to fill an empty slot if I lose the other, and they cycle differently.

Hahaha yea.... does a vroc even count.... its more like a discus disc grew a bead in some deformed cancerous growth

VRocs aren't bad discs at all. I always liked my protostar Champ VRoc. I like the Buzzz better, so I bag it, and I don't use mids much, so I don't carry both. But the VRoc is just fine. :thmbup:

Last edited:
3 Rocs: Fresh KC, seasoned DX and the ever-trusty 8X KC turnover Roc. Those three cover all my mid shots. I haven't had an issue losing discs for a bit so I haven't been carrying backups recently. If I did I'd slip a seasoned KC Pro and an old Ontario in there and carry five.

VRocs aren't bad discs at all. I always liked my protostar Champ VRoc. I like the Buzzz better, so I bag it, and I don't use mids much, so I don't carry both. But the VRoc is just fine. :thmbup:

The Vroc sucks, as do all the "V" crap Innova is churning out

Latest posts