• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Hmmm I hadn't heard of that disc. I've been out of the golf loop for a while so I assumed the Rocx3 was the only option for a true overstable Roc. The one I have may be a freak, but it's almost Gator overstable and I can hit right around 410 with a Roc so I was quite surprised when the Rocx3 didn't do much of anything but start fading out of my hand pretty much. I'll have to look into it.
Either you got a freak RocX3 or you don't throw as far as you claim.

First day back on this website and I get told I can't throw as far as I claim. Good old DGCR. :thmbup:
The RocX3 isn't almost Gator overstable, as you said in your previous post. Maybe because we live at different elevations it flys different for you? I'm not very fimilar with different parts of the country & elevations changes. I do know the RocX3 was a huge disappointment for me & quite a few other people. In the Taurus thread I even said the Taurus was what I was hoping the RocX3 would be. There were just a lot of times the RocX3 would keep going straight longer than I wanted it to before it faded. Im in no way saying I'm as good at McBeth but he took it out of his bag for the same reason I did. You may very well throw Rocs over 400'. Your the first person I've heard claim to throw that far & actually claim it to be "almost Gator overstable".

RocX3: I also didn't like the slant of the rim and didn't find it any more overstable than a decent KC Roc. That's just me.

Is anyone liking the 30th anniversary Champ San Marino Rocs? I bought one on a whim today and really like it. Always been a Rancho guy, but this run flies nice and straight with a predicable finish. The glide is nice on them too.

Is anyone liking the 30th anniversary Champ San Marino Rocs? I bought one on a whim today and really like it. Always been a Rancho guy, but this run flies nice and straight with a predicable finish. The glide is nice on them too.

I've got one as well. The plastic is nice feeling and really good looking. I've only thrown it a couple of times but this one seems pretty hss with a little fade at the end when new. Inner rim is definitely more comfortable to me than a Roc3 or a rocx3. Never tried a champ rancho so I can't compare to that.

I wish they would just run champ rocs more. That's all the overstability I want in a mid. Roc3 is too straight to me, rocx3 feels weird, haven't tried the Taurus but I am curious. My champ roc is the goldilocks roc, just right.

You should 100% try a taurus. Disc Golf Center has first runs for lik $12. I bought a few after I liked the original one I got. But it is a RocX. Still not a gator but closer.

You should 100% try a taurus. Disc Golf Center has first runs for lik $12. I bought a few after I liked the original one I got. But it is a RocX. Still not a gator but closer.

How do they compare to current runs of Sentinels? By the numbers there should be a lot of overlap.

I just got two Champ Ranchos. Once looks like slight dome beauty. The other is domey. :\ My rotator cuff is torn and I can't throw either one of them. :(

How do they compare to current runs of Sentinels? By the numbers there should be a lot of overlap.
I have thrown them back to back. The Brinster Sentinel is faster then the Taurus.

I found the Sentinel longer but the Taurus powers down better

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

:(:(:( USDGC champs? What years/stamps?
They are X out throwers from last year. The good one is a pink double stamped Lucha de Roc and the yellow domey one has the Lucha de Roc stamp with the Air Raid stamp over the top of it. The pink one feels like a nice Roc in the hand. I just don't have a nice arm to throw it with. :\

They are X out throwers from last year. The good one is a pink double stamped Lucha de Roc and the yellow domey one has the Lucha de Roc stamp with the Air Raid stamp over the top of it. The pink one feels like a nice Roc in the hand. I just don't have a nice arm to throw it with. :\

I've got a couple double-stamp Lucha de Roc color glows from last year (kinda grey-blue-ish in color). They are my favorite champion Roc I've ever thrown (granted I haven't thrown all that many). :thmbup:

Some 2017 USDGC Rocs now available to non partners:

Color Glow Champion Flag Bearer Collectible ($30): https://dgustore.com/usdgc-color-glow-champion-rancho-roc-flag-bearer.html
Champion Thrower Non-Collectible ($18): https://dgustore.com/usdgc-thrower-roc-feathers.html

Be warned: the shipping charges on these are very steep. If these color glows are anything like last year's, they are very nice feeling, overstable Rocs. I think the 2016 Lucha color glows are some of my favorite champion Rocs I've ever felt/thrown.

So I got a couple 2017 USDGC Rocs, 1 Colorglow Flag Bearer (teal) and 1 Champion Thrower (pink).

The ColorGlow Flag Bearer feels really nice and it has a mild dome just like the 2016 ColorGlows that is very comfortable. The Champion Thrower also feels nice, but has a little more of a pop top dome. It's not as domey as, say the 2015 Champion USDGC Rocs, but still noticeably more domey than the ColorGlow.

I did some comparison pics of the wing profiles comparing these 2 and a purple 2016 Lucha ColorGlow that I have.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8ZyJuufgU5vgITYA3

It's interesting. The Thrower has a slightly more concave wing, but the wing also looks slightly less wide than the other 2. That may just be an optical illusion though. The 2017 ColorGlow looks to have slightly lower PLH than the other 2. I'm interested to see how the Thrower will fly. It has a pop top dome, which in my experience makes Rocs a little less stable, but also fairly high PLH and a pretty concave wing, both of which tend to make discs more overstable. I really love the feel of the 2017 ColorGlow, but I hope the lower PLH won't lessen the stability too much on it.

Latest posts