• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Roc = sooooooo many variations its silly. One word as it has been stated before, "Buzzz". Throw a Buzzz and stay away from the roc pile.

Last edited:
Roc = sooooooo many variations its silly. One word as it has been stated before, "Buzzz". Throw a Buzzz and stay away from the roc pile.

or just throw a rancho roc like everybody else. silly discraft people coming in here thinking they can change a roc thrower's ways...

My Buzzz have GST™ (Ground Seeking Technology.) As soon as they leave my hand they try to find the ground as quickly as possible. For my throw, they have an amazing lack of glide. They are not even a somewhat decent option for me. Comets are my weakness. I go back and forth between Rocs and Comets because they are both awesome. The Buzzz is meh.

So I get where you are coming from. If the Roc is a meh for you as the Buzzz is to me, you would have to wonder why we spend so much time talking about Rocs.

Ignorance...:wall:

or just throw a rancho roc like everybody else. silly discraft people coming in here thinking they can change a roc thrower's ways...

:thmbup: It's really not that bad learning Rocs & as kaiser flippin said just throw a Rancho

:thmbup: It's really not that bad learning Rocs & as kaiser flippin said just throw a Rancho

I agree, learning on a DX rancho is the way to go. It's also cool seeing a pro like Philo who relies on them for many, many shots. I've yet to have nearly as much success with any other roc in any other plastic when comparing them to DX.

Last edited:
Three Roc Molds for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Disc Golf where the Shadows lie.
One Buzzz to rule them all, One Buzzz to find them,
One Buzzz to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Best.

/thread

I like your reference. There's five Roc Molds (6 if you count the Classic Roc...I don't). Roc & the Buzzz shouldn't even be in the same conversation, they have different flight characteristics. With that said Roc over Buzzz :)

Last edited:
Yea that post was to be taken literally.

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

Its so easy to tell peoples emotions, intents & to read sarcasm on the internet. And b/c I know you in person so well I obviously know what discs you throw & like so I can tell when your joking. :wall:

Heres the original:

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

I didn't put 6 molds for the sake of simplicity, and keeping it true to the LOTR reference.

I have a DX Rancho thats hit so many trees i've lost count, one of the first discs I got. It'll get bent it and I just bent it back. The thing still flies great, If I get a good pop on it it will go basically nice and straight with a little fade at the end. Its a safety disc for me, I've always thrown it well so if I'm throwing bad some day I'll pull that out because I know it will fly for me.....

lol i do like and laughed but.... most of the buzzz guys i know also carry 2-3 other mids.. ie wasp, meteor, comet.. no reason you cant throw the buzzz and roc together really like to fly differently.. there is a reason why people dont cycle the buzzz tho :eek:

lol i do like and laughed but.... most of the buzzz guys i know also carry 2-3 other mids.. ie wasp, meteor, comet.. no reason you cant throw the buzzz and roc together really like to fly differently.. there is a reason why people dont cycle the buzzz tho :eek:

I know. :p

I throw Meteor Buzzz, Zone.

ROC and Buzzz Together?

Mind=Blown

question.

since i've started throwing wizards, cycling interests me. found a dx roc with no flight numbers, just the bird (no multi-purpose) and says rancho on the bottom, so it's the one people like. i noticed the bird is slightly larger than the others. the plastic feels waxy and flexy though. i wish there was more of a history of the different rocs so i could know more about what to expect from it vs the other ranchos in the pile.

is this a good roc worth picking up as a first roc experience? or can i pick up any rancho and it'll be fine?

^^ Niice Yeah I mean if I was you I would just grab a Stack of new Rocs that you can find. I throw Chings and they are getting harder to find for cheap (New). Any Rancho will be fine. Find a bunch that feel good in your hands and begin the Wonderful life of Rocs! I would start new though if you want the full lifespan.

Latest posts