• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

They did some Champ for USDGC that were nice, a little domey.

There has been a somewhat recent run of KC Pro that is pretty stiff and not too domey. I've only seen them in white and yellow so far. I love the stability of them. I'm pretty sure this run has been mentioned here a few times already. You can still find them at retailers.

TonUhXU.png

There has been a somewhat recent run of KC Pro that is pretty stiff and not too domey. I've only seen them in white and yellow so far. I love the stability of them. I'm pretty sure this run has been mentioned here a few times already. You can still find them at retailers.

Yeah thats about the dome I'm looking for. I love Flat Tops, but they are a different beast... The mild dome like this one flattens as it ages! THE Mythical Inniva Roc.

I've picked up a couple newer run DX Rocs that have a nice mild dome like that, too. Also a bit more solid feeling that some of the waxy stuff that was out for a while.

I've picked up a couple newer run DX Rocs that have a nice mild dome like that, too. Also a bit more solid feeling that some of the waxy stuff that was out for a while.

Oh snap! I'm going to brick and mortar and feeling up some DX rocs

Was there ever any Roc+ besides R-Pro and XG Champ Worlds?

I know the Roc+ catches a lot of flak but I have a champion from 2010 USDGC and it flies fantastic. Just standard champion as far as I can tell. A touch more distance and a touch less overstable than my 2011 champ Rancho USDGC.

Last edited:
Has anyone thrown a star roc 3? I've heard they molded up pretty flat so they have my interest.

A buddy mine picked one up that was nice and flat, flew great too when from what I saw of him throwing it. He said all the ones he saw at the local shop were just as flat as well.

Has anyone thrown a star roc 3? I've heard they molded up pretty flat so they have my interest.
I've thrown one that a friend bought. It was very flat and flew about the same as my mcpro roc3. His is a 168g I think, so a max weight might fly a little differently.

I have a 176 that I have thrown for practice, and it flies about identical to my champ of the same weight. I prefer the g* roc3 myself.

I thought I'd throw these up for you guys, just because the difference is so dramatic. On the left is a current production KC rancho roc. Every KC roc I've seen lately has been between domey and retarded domey. The one pictured was the least domey (but still very domey in my book) I could find at the last store I was at. On the right is an XT roc from the factory store. The PLH on the XT roc is WAY higher, and comparing the tops isn't even fair. Needless to say I'm a big fan of the XT's.

Attachments

• roc1.jpg
    roc1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 97
  • roc2.jpg
    roc2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 78
I thought I'd throw these up for you guys, just because the difference is so dramatic. On the left is a current production KC rancho roc. Every KC roc I've seen lately has been between domey and retarded domey. The one pictured was the least domey (but still very domey in my book) I could find at the last store I was at. On the right is an XT roc from the factory store. The PLH on the XT roc is WAY higher, and comparing the tops isn't even fair. Needless to say I'm a big fan of the XT's.

that kc roc doesn't look too bad to me. dome = more glide and more beef.

that kc roc doesn't look too bad to me. dome = more glide and more beef.

Yeah, that KC roc looks like how I want my Rocs to be... Domey but not pop top

Not meaning to pile on but only to agree that the KCP Roc looks more like a typical Roc. Cool thing about Rocs though ... you can usually find the characteristics that you prefer.

My matte yellow KC started with a pretty tall dome. It's fallen quite a bit with just a little use.

Not meaning to pile on but only to agree that the KCP Roc looks more like a typical Roc. Cool thing about Rocs though ... you can usually find the characteristics that you prefer.

Truth.

I know plenty of people who prefer the flatties. Actually those seem to go the fastest at my brick and mortar... Leaving me a nice selection of domed ones to pick through.

Latest posts