• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THE NATIONAL PLAYERS CHALLENGE (TNPC)

NPCTour

Birdie Member
This is just a teaser for the NEW Tournament Series beginning 2011!
Membership Based
The website will be up soon.
Money from memberships will be added to a true In State only State Championship.
Example:
200members x $2/per membership = $400 will be added to your TNPC STATE'S
1/2 of that $400 = $200 Provided by DT Disc Golf Promotions as ADDED CASH TO YOUR STATE CHAMPS AS WELL.
THAT'S $600 TOTAL ADDED BASED OFF OF MEMBERSHIP
*This does not include money allocated from tournaments run in your state. $2 from each player at your events will be taken out and added to your division at your STATE CHAMPS.

Score points to qualify for the State Championships, top 15 points in your division will be allowed to play in the State Championships.
Top 2 Players in your division at the State Champs will get the Bid to compete in the National Championship!
The website will show you exactly how much money will be added in your division for your states.
The website will also show how much is added for the National Championship as well.
Membership
$30 Includes:
2011 Hot Stamp TNPC DISC
Your Lifetime Member Number (I want to make sure your names are spelled correctly in tournaments)
Quarterly TNPC DISC GOLF PUBLICATION
Qualify to score points in the TNPC for your State Championship
Qualify to represent your STATE in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
TNPC STICKER
Access to Website and Discussion Board
RENEWAL MEMBERSHIPS
Current Years Hot Stamp TNPC DISC
Your Lifetime Member Number (I want to make sure your names are spelled correctly in tournaments)
Quarterly TNPC DISC GOLF PUBLICATION
Qualify to score points in the TNPC for your State Championship
Qualify to represent your STATE in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
TNPC STICKER
Access to Website and Discussion Board
I've been running the Players Challenge for two years here in Arkansas and it has worked well. I am moving it to a National Level to attract the masses.
This tournament series is great and will reach out to the masses of not just Professional players, but the Amateurs as well.
If you have questions.......ask?

Forgot to mention:
$3 for every member will be added to the National Championship as well. This tournament series will be coming to a city near you....Are you ready?
This is a real opportunity to represent your STATE in a National Championship no matter what division you belong to.
There will not be NON-MEMBER FEES. You must be a member to score points in the TNPC, but you do not have to be a member to compete in the tournaments.
You will know how much is added in each division for your state before you compete, to take care of any confusion.
This is REAL and exciting for the Disc Golf Community. Register your event through the TNPC and provide an opportunity for your STATE to compete.

Here's something else.....ALL PDGA REPS will have an AUTOMATIC BID into the TNPC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP or Give it away in their STATE. Just another way to qualify.
The Calendar Year for this series is August 1st - July 31st each year.
All State Championships Must be held in the month of August or September ending by September 30th of each year.
October is left open for players to Register for the TNPC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP by October 31st of each year.
The TNPC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP will be held on the 2nd WEEK of November each year in Little Rock, Arkansas.

All the information will soon be available to see on the website as soon as I go public with it.
Are you looking for a pdf version?

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?
"[T]he shapes of words set in lowercase provide a valuable cue to readers that helps speed the process of reading; type in all caps forms a rectangular shape for every word, which makes distinguishing words harder." (source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps)

All the information will soon be available to see on the website as soon as I go public with it.
Are you looking for a pdf version?

A PDF wouldn't hurt, but that was a lot of detail for the casual reader. Just a synopsis or an abstract really.

A PDF wouldn't hurt, but that was a lot of detail for the casual reader. Just a synopsis or an abstract really.

I understand what you mean. It's kind of difficult to get just a few basic information bits in there without losing the reader. Double edge sword. If there is not enough, then you might say whatever moving on. If there is too much, you might say forget that.....it's too much.

Bottom Line:

New Tournament Series starting 2011
Membership Based includes a member i.d. number
Money Added
Website to show exactly what will be added for your state only event and national event
PDGA reps have a bid to keep or give away
What is the attraction? The prestige of a state only event (players only from your state can compete) and the awarded bids for two players in each division to represent that state in the National Championship.
Website will have all of the bells and whistles for keeping track of your ranking in your state. You must earn enough points to be in the top 15 in your division in order to compete in your state.
Top 2 in each division of your state will move on to nationals.
Get ready! It's coming to a city near you.

If there is a tie for 15th spot in your division, all ties will be allowed to participate as well.

Also, any club/person/td who places a bid to host their state championship, that TD will receive $100 for his/her compensation of efforts. The qualification for that is: they must provide at least $100 cash sponsorship into the event. That's it.
The TD Compensation of $100 is an appreciation bonus for all TD's who help run such an event.

So open and equal to all PDGA divs?

Here will be the divisions offered Beginning 2011

Men/Women Pro Open
Men/Women Pro Masters
Men/Women Pro Grandmasters
Men/Women Advanced
Men/Women Amateur
Men/Women Novice
Boys/Girls Juniors under 19
under 16
under 13
under 10
*Remember under the tournaments, all divisions will have $2 taken out and held in an account to be added at the your state champs. This is something not heard of for junior and novice divisions. The prestige of representing their state and their division will be fantastic.
Also, the advanced and amateur divisions will not be separated by master ams or grandmaster ams. Tournaments may choose to have these divisions, but the money held will be entered in ONE division Advanced or Amateur.

Help me out with a breakdown:

Let's say, $30 entry fee, what monies go where and what is left for payout...

Here you go: Remember payout will not be based off of just membership
$30 covers this:
Hot Stamp Disc
TNPC Sticker
Quarterly Publication
Membership I.D. Card
$2/membership goes to your State Champs
$3/membership goes to National Champs
$1/membership is coming from DT Disc Golf Promotions as added bonus to your state champs (Thats every state champs that host a state champs)

As for the rest of your State Champs payout: for every event sanctioned under the TNPC, $2/player will be taken out and added to your state champs in those divisions. There will be a continuously updated meter on the website for your state to show you exactly how much money will be going to your state champs so there is no confusion as well. I want everyone to know what to look forward to. The same meter will be available for the National Champs as well.
Hope that helps

I wasn't talking about membership but tourney entry but since we mentioned it if a player was signing up for a tourney they would pay a)$30 membership + b)$30 entry fee?

I'm also confused.

Do I understand it that players will pay $30 for annual membership in the TNPC, separate from PDGA membership? And that the state champions and national champions will be the champion of those who joined, only?

From the TD's point of view, what's the attraction of hosting a state championship (other than the extra $100 contribution)? A tournament limited in one state's players may go over well in some places----but not in small states, nor near state borders, when such an event would hold down attendance by excluding many people who would otherwise attend.

It sounds a lot like a 3rd choice or a national southern nationals. Problem being if you are going to sanction the tournaments you will be double dipping in fees and payout will be utter booty.

I completely understand what you mean. Host your normal state championship that you would have. That allows outside states to come in.
The TNPC state champs is a membership only event. you will have the option to purchase a membership before and after each event you attend under the tnpc in order to keep your points. If not, those points will be lost for that event.
Lets say you pay $30 for entry, and at the end of the event you place 2nd place. In order to keep your points you scored, you will need to pick up an annual $30 membership. That will then allow you to participate in your state champs and then give you the opportunity to place in the top 2 to get a bid for the national champs.
What is in it for the TD for the States? I've been toying with the idea of all TD's to receive an automatic bid to the national champs as well as the pdga reps. Bid must be put in for the states champs then awarded to the best bidder. I am all about helping TD's since that is exactly what I have been doing.
Td's need are my favorite people because they do so much behind the scenes before the events even begin........agreed?

Latest posts