• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] The Obex

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Other than Big John, nobody had dedicated a thread to this disc.

The flight looks similar to a Wasp.

Tell me more :thmbup:

Other than Big John, nobody had dedicated a thread to this disc.

The flight looks similar to a Wasp.

Tell me more :thmbup:

You pretty well said it. It's a lot like a wasp. Holds a nice line with a good fade at the end.

Definitely type 2 overstable, a good straight flight with a reliable, hard fade at the end. It's also sneaky long.

Haha yep. A Saint, monster, and gator and a few other random discs find their way in and out, but Vibram forms the core of my bag.

I love the obex...holds great lines even in serious winds! Starting to get used to the ibex too but still like obex better.

I like my Wasp better. I had high hopes for the Obex but i just didn't do what I wanted it to. I gave mine to a friend who has had great success with it so it least it has a good home.

I use my Obex a lot now. It's great for hyzer approaches and 300' or less drives. Not extremely overstable. I don't prefer it much in a headwind. That will be what the Mobex is for. But I find it to be predictable in most other situations for consistent hyzer flip to straight to fade flights.
obex.jpg

Is Mobex the code name for a Drone equivalent people are hoping for?

Dan, I've been thinking of getting one to replace my Wasp. How do they compare?
I'm sorry. I've never thrown a wasp. I would say the Obex is like an overstable buzz? Not as overstable as a Hornet. Probably like a Roc.

PLEASE tell me this is a thing...

Is Mobex the code name for a Drone equivalent people are hoping for?

Yes. The Mobex doesn't exist yet, but if we keep pushing for one, maybe Vibram will make it!

Dan, I've been thinking of getting one to replace my Wasp. How do they compare?

I'm not Dan, :D and I've never thrown either, :\ but they are very similar on the inbounds chart: 0 high speed turn and 56 vs 60 low speed fade.

I really liked the obex for about a month then it changed all of the sudden. Maybe I got a dud or something, but I put wasps back in my bag and then eventually the pain. When it was fresh though it was sneaky long with absolutely sick glide. Another thing about the obex that struck me as weird was it was slightly smaller diameter then a buzzz/wasp/roc.

mine flys almost identical to my beat up bar stamp DX Gator. Only had it for about a month now though but I am liking it so far.

Used to rely on my buzzz/wasp combo. Picked up an ibex and then soon after an obex... the buzzz was replaced easily by the ibex. I still carry my wasp but constantly grab the obex instead. The obex is just a tad less stable than the obex. Cant wait for the so called "mobex" to fill all of my mid spots.

The obex is just a tad less stable than the obex.

Do you mean the Ibex is less stable than the Obex? I would say the Ibex is stable and the Obex is a decent amount overstable, but not crazy overstable like hopefully the Mobex will be.

Latest posts