• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took advice from a customer and moved the bottom plastic forward a bit and velcroed it down closer to the front opening and it feel much better. I've been wearing it with it a little more stiff and now with the slight shift it feels much different. Thinks for giving me the idea and feedback.

We will address the next runs mini pocket and add a divider, which will not increase the cost much at all, maybe $3 or so

Chris, go and worry about getting your wedding taken care of. Your soon to be is going to smash your computer,laptop,iPad,iPhone if u don't help her! Please for those that want to see another bag!!

With the big Velcro pads, I think it will hold just nicely, moving it forward just a smidge!

I seen more posts from you about leaving this thread than the mini pocket! LOL!!

Thanks again for a great bag!

We will address the next runs mini pocket and add a divider, which will not increase the cost much at all, maybe $3 or so

Progress is what helps a good company get better! Happy to be involved with this one

Odd decision to buy a bag knowing its capacity abilities and the number of discs you carry. Have you considered buying a divider or rigging up something to take up the extra space on the sides? Bag looks very good in those colors btw

I bought it in support of Chris and PF. I will tinker with it to see what I can do. But ultimately I won't overtinker and hurt my chances to resell if I want to set aside a little nest egg for the next PF bag offering. Or a second run with some improvements.

Chris, go and worry about getting your wedding taken care of. Your soon to be is going to smash your computer,laptop,iPad,iPhone if u don't help her! Please for those that want to see another bag!!

With the big Velcro pads, I think it will hold just nicely, moving it forward just a smidge!

I seen more posts from you about leaving this thread than the mini pocket! LOL!!

Thanks again for a great bag!

Haha will do for serious this time ;) disc golf is a bad addiction!

I use a rectangular gardening pad folded in half to take up extra space... it's light, seconds as a butt cushion for cold & wet benches... or a pad for kneeling shots. Squishy ones work best.

Last edited:
I played my first round today, with the bag. It was great extremely comfortable. I know enough has been said about the mini pocket. However, I used mine in there the whole round, it did not fall out once. I did only keep one putter in the top as once I start playing I only use one putter, my second is only for warming up and doubles. I thought it was a non issue.

As for the bottom compartment, I did move the bottom plastic support just a bit forward and that made a big difference. I am 6'2 225 and I like to wear my packs a little higher so I did not have any issue with the sternum straps. I don't know that I will ever use them either but will leave them as is for now.

I am not only impressed with the quality of the bag, but truly happy with my purchase. I know everyone has different things that matter to them but most of the griping I felt was much to do about nothing. I am thinkiing of putting a strip of velcro in the bottom compartment on the front and back similar to my crunch bag so I can separate my discs. This is a personal thing for me as I do not carry a full bag. I love all the room, I definitely got some good feed back from friends too. Well done Kilgus, I would definitely purchase again.

I use a rectangular gardening pad folded in half to take up extra space... it's light, seconds as a butt cushion for cold & wet benches... or a pad for kneeling shots. Squishy ones work best.

Dude! You should start a thread on that. That's a great idea!

I am gonna have to come up with some sort of divider for those courses that i dont want to carry as much plastic
Let us know what you come up with please!?!

PfChallengerOpen-Close_zpsa911c5e9.jpg

My vid:

Also, what are the velcro straps at the bottom of the scorecard pocket for?

Loving my new PF Contender! I upgraded from a Fade tourney bag as well. One piece of advice for those making the switch to a backpack would be to keep the mids in the middle of the main compartment. I used to sort by speed fast to slow (left to right), but its much easier to get drivers from the far sides of the main compartment compared to mids or throwing putters. Just my 2 cents

really looking good guys... ugghh if i didnt get a grip a few months back i would be all bout it.. would love to get an Mj Sig bag just to help out on the PF and MJ fronts but just cant swing it atm.. maybe if i sell some plastic :eek:

really looking good guys... ugghh if i didnt get a grip a few months back i would be all bout it.. would love to get an Mj Sig bag just to help out on the PF and MJ fronts but just cant swing it atm.. maybe if i sell some plastic :eek:

Ian, sell the grip. I cover it all in my video which I will post here soon, but this thing is just as sleek as the grip (at least I think so) maybe a bit wider, but much more storage but not so much, that it is overwhelming...if that makes sense :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts