• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official PF Contender thread (reviews, thoughts, etc.)

What size bag do you want to see from PF? Price points as well

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the dividers be made available to those who went out on a limb and purchased (preordered) the first run sight unseen?

Wait so your telling me the proto video did not have a divider, the list of specs did not list a divider and now your saying you went out on a limb. Come on really.

Personally, I'm getting a bit nervous about my digi camo pack that arrives in 4 days .... after e-mails back and forth for months , I think I made a bad decision ... :wall:

Pre orders and custom are not under warranty :sick:

And 25% restocking fee means I can't even trade it :gross:

Personally, I'm getting a bit nervous about my digi camo pack that arrives in 4 days .... after e-mails back and forth for months , I think I made a bad decision ... :wall:

Pre orders and custom are not under warranty :sick:

And 25% restocking fee means I can't even trade it :gross:

I believe they clarified in this thread that your digi camo was not considered custom for this run, and therefore is covered under warranty.

The 25% restocking is nuts, though.

Wait so your telling me the proto video did not have a divider, the list of specs did not list a divider and now your saying you went out on a limb. Come on really.
Yes, "really". Until you use the bag with only 12-18 discs in it you wont understand the need for a divider. The discs lay sideways and tend to fall out on steeper inclines when the disc compartment isnt full. How many people carry 22 discs on them at all times?
IT'S A SUGGESTION. I'd gladly pay the extra $5 for a divider.

Consequently, I used somebody's aforementioned idea of using a strip of rubber/foam to hold my tourney bag config of 16 discs upright without shifting and/or bouncing.

I'm curious if the divider/insert things from a FADE tourney will fit inside of the contender...any one want to test that for me?

Edit to clarify: I'm talking about the whole "U" shaped cradle that discs sit in, not just the dividers themselves.

I'm curious if the divider/insert things from a FADE tourney will fit inside of the contender...any one want to test that for me?

Edit to clarify: I'm talking about the whole "U" shaped cradle that discs sit in, not just the dividers themselves.

I know this worked in my Grip. Perhaps if you put the bottom of the U toward the back of the bag it might work? Just spitballing here...

I haven't gotten my bag yet...but the idea has been floating in my mind ever since one of the posters on here was worried that his discs might fall out...

It works in my head, but then again, so do all of my throws... :eek:

Yes, "really". Until you use the bag with only 12-18 discs in it you wont understand the need for a divider. The discs lay sideways and tend to fall out on steeper inclines when the disc compartment isnt full. How many people carry 22 discs on them at all times?
IT'S A SUGGESTION. I'd gladly pay the extra $5 for a divider.

Consequently, I used somebody's aforementioned idea of using a strip of rubber/foam to hold my tourney bag config of 16 discs upright without shifting and/or bouncing.

You ordered the bag knowing how many discs it would hold and how many discs you carry, how can you complain that 12-18 discs don't fit in there snug? Not trying to be rude btw

Made divider out of inch black foam. got my storage down to 16 with no slop and they all stand up strait. Cost 6 dollars, still lovin the bag. Same concerns with the camo being weak although it worked well in the rain. Part of me wishes I had more time to switch or make an informed decision. But it's not gonna make me treat this bag any different. I will be tough on it and so will the hardwoods and cedars of michigan so i will know soon enough if its gonna rip. will be sporting it in am1 at the flip city open I will let y'all know the reactions I get from others

Funny I bought the bag because I would carry less then I was in my mahal, so yes I carry 22+ during tourney rounds. Oh yeah ask feldberg the same question just with him it's 30+.

Funny I bought the bag because I would carry less then I was in my mahal, so yes I carry 22+ during tourney rounds. Oh yeah ask feldberg the same question just with him it's 30+.
If youre pointing out individuals that carry 22+ as norm ALL the time, then that right there tells me it's not the norm.
Personally, I'm not carrying 22 discs in ANY disc golf bag up, down, or around the desert mountainous ski area courses that New Mexico has, and especially not for two back-to-back tourney rounds.

You ordered the bag knowing how many discs it would hold and how many discs you carry, how can you complain that 12-18 discs don't fit in there snug?
Yup, I ordered the bag knowing the capacity. I'm just trying to let other people know how the bag reacts to carrying less than a full capacity. Call it a complaint if you want, I call it a "con" to the Contender.
Ive seen a few vids by PF devotees and fanboys only having the pros of the bag. I just would like people to make sure they know what they're getting BEFORE they buy. IT'S A REVIEW. Perhaps it might sell another PF Contender...or not.

I dont dislike the bag. You wont see mine on Ebay or the MP any time soon. It's definitely a keeper with drawbacks, and those need to be mentioned too.

I hear what your saying but I could call it a con, now you can say a con is that it does not have a divider when carrying less disc to prevent them from falling over but can say its a con because the discs fall over and stuff when it's not loaded.

I hear what your saying but I could call it a con, now you can say a con is that it does not have a divider when carrying less disc to prevent them from falling over but can say its a con because the discs fall over and stuff when it's not loaded.
I'm not sure of the question you asked. If you can clarify I'd be happy to address.

Anyways, here's my solution:
2013-04-11164219_zpsc6bfdc8c.jpg

16 discs. Tipped 45 degress, no slop. When walking up or down hills, no disc bouncing. I might cut an extra foam piece (gardening knee padding from Lowes $7) so I can center the discs, but it's purely cosmetic at that point.

I've already looked into changes for the second run which will include movement of the logo to the "larger" mini pouch and a removable divider will be an addition. The frame will stay the same other than moving the Velcro plastic insert a little forward which can be done now on the first runs. Sternum straps will move down 3 inches. We didnt anticipate so many orders so we will be making another run in a few months along with release of our smaller bag at the $100 price point and our other venture we have worked on the past year to develop.

If you'd like, I can shoot you over a way to make the sternum strap adjustable for a pretty small price. You can make two spots and let the individual user choose which one thy prefer.

:)

So how far west have these bags made it? I see someone in New Mexico has theirs. Anyone else in California already have theirs? I've got a tournament this weekend, for the third weekend in a row, and I really hope my bag shows up tomorrow so I can use it for this one.

So how far west have these bags made it? I see someone in New Mexico has theirs. Anyone else in California already have theirs? I've got a tournament this weekend, for the third weekend in a row, and I really hope my bag shows up tomorrow so I can use it for this one.

I got mine yesterday I am in Chico, I'm sure that you will see it in the next day...

Here ya go:
FittingFGintoPF_zps727d5a49.jpg

Some notes:
I didnt modify the "frame" or divider that I took from the FADE Gear tourney bag. Just fit it in to the Contender with what was the bottom strip of velcro against the back side of the bag. 16 discs again.
It works, but the frame from the FADE is limited to the height of the dividers, so top of frame will have to remain visible while using stock dividers.
Allows you to tuck the flap of the Contender under the U frame from the FADE, probably extending the life of the flap. I suppose that's better than the discs resting directly on the front side of the flap.
If only that FADE divider were taller when on it's side, allowing the U frame to velcro to the portion that separates the top and bottom compartments of the Contender.
Good idea though. I might try cutting the U frame from the FADE.

Made a few adjustments so discs will stand up straighter and easier when not completely full. I will let everyone know how they work after this weekends tournament. They are simple easy fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts