• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The PDGA Should Suspend The National Tour

Who in God's name thought either of them was a good idea? This is simultaneously the funniest thing and the saddest thing I have seen all year.

Lack of other interested parties? That's the only excuse I can come up with. There are a couple other somewhat headscratching inclusions on that list that also lead me to think they took everyone who wanted to do it. It strikes me that the only other committee as large is the women's committee, which presumably has a much broader mandate and list of responsibilities/goals for which more bodies makes sense.

LoL @ Anthon on the committee. Nothing like having felons on your committee. I guess he's paid his debt to society.

LoL @ Bradley Williams too. Guess he's served all of his suspensions.

This is fantastic...I'm definitely re-upping my PDGA this year. Bravo, guys. :hfive:

One wonders why there are so many repeat offenders? Could it be that so few normies can move past being judgemental to those whom have been inside? Nah, not being able to be part of society could have nothing to do with it.
:doh:
Bravo to Anton.

Last edited:
Josh being on the committee is a different discussion. His offense was not PDGA related. I could see either side.

I emailed the PDGA Board when Brad was appointed and completely objected to him being placed on a PDGA committee based on his previous suspensions.

This way of thinking is going to bite the PDGA in the ass one day.

I disagree that UDisc is better or easier to use than DGCR. And even though the courses I've designed are each rated about one star higher on UDisc, I don't really trust UDisc's ratings. Can you find extinct courses on UDisc? I haven't yet.

Yeah extinct courses are nice to see so you can still give a review of the course or see why a course was pulled. Also hard to find right away on Udisc if a course is public privet or truly privet, by this you have to read the good posts to find if the course is more open and more a business or if it is like a persons own home course.

DGCR app has 18 reviews.
UDisc has 10k.
Wonder which is more successful?

Udisc has the better Scoring app to DGCR but DGCR has the better review site for courses you have played to the same one UDisc has. neither set correlate to who has the better site. Udisc is more used but only due to being the official scoring app of the PDGA and mostly for that then the Course review that is in the name of the site we are on now.

As sad as all the drive by, local love, and agenda driven reviews/ratings are, DGCR still seems to be the most objective course rating system around.

That's in no small part due to DGCR's collective membership (at least for the most part) following the lead set by Tim and early members of actually describing the courses, and being fairly objective when doling out ratings.

That said, I wish DGCR's scoring app was more flexible during a round, in terms of being able to easily change hole distances when playing to different pin placements or mixing long/short tees within a single round.

That said, I wish DGCR's scoring app was more flexible during a round, in terms of being able to easily change hole distances when playing to different pin placements or mixing long/short tees within a single round.

UDisc isn't any better in that regard afaict.

In the latest version of the app, you just long press the displayed distance on the screen. It will bring up a list of distances for all pin positions for that tee, and a field for you to enter in an arbitrary distance.

In the latest version of the app, you just long press the displayed distance on the screen. It will bring up a list of distances for all pin positions for that tee, and a field for you to enter in an arbitrary distance.
Thanks!

I'll have to try that, or update the app.

Latest posts