• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Perfect Destroyer

Echo Star plastic. EVERY disc I've seen in this plastic has had more glide and therefore more D. Try it.

I just ordered 2 E* destroyers to try. I love my E* bosses, TBs and Katanas...

I agree, I like the Echo Stars. They start out quite overstable, but they don't stay that way too long. A few good hits and they are a little flippy and perfect for max D.

Got a 171 star I've had for 2 years. It's a bit flippy but still can handle some pop. I've found max weight pro Destroyers fly like the star did in it's prime,and they don't take as long to break in. Last longer than I was expecting also.

I have a 150 dx Destroyer that is great for hyzer flip bombs with no effort at all. Little unpredictable but a fun throw.

Just got a 172,champ,at a tourney last fall and it's still very stable. Takes a lot of pop to get this bad boy going.

So,I like pro,and FLAT star,sucks it's hard to find flat star.

I agree, I like the Echo Stars. They start out quite overstable, but they don't stay that way too long. A few good hits and they are a little flippy and perfect for max D.

I haven't found the initial overstability at all. Weird.

Just ordered two from CDGS yesterday, so I'm really looking forward to trying them!

Innova's site says that star destoyers only go down to 168 grams.

Also, con anyone tell me the difference between star and echo star? I've never thrown any echo star plastic.

Also, con anyone tell me the difference between star and echo star? I've never thrown any echo star plastic.

Now there is a stamp for the E* plastic. Colors, maybe. The minty green is a giveaway. Also, the E* is pretty domey, which makes it glide for days...

I have 49 destroyers in different plastics. About 30 of them are star destroyers, I found 3-6 perfect ones. I throw forehand one fades perfect, one is dead straight, the other is a SWEET anny disc that I use in almost any tight BH hyzer situation. They are all 169. Innova is so inconsistent, but I would give a finger to get any one of the 3 returned. I think you jsut have to buy/trade for them until you find one that works.

The orange one at the bottom is 30' farther than any disc I own every time I throw it and I don't know why. I have thrown 1000 times and this disc always comes out on top. Innova is so strange...but I still love them for all that they do for Disc golf and Charlotte Disc Golf.

Attachments

• Destroyers Edited.jpg
    Destroyers Edited.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 37
I didn't read this thread and don't care about it but I just wanted to say I love El Oso Peligroso's avatar.

I have 49 destroyers in different plastics. About 30 of them are star destroyers, I found 3-6 perfect ones. I throw forehand one fades perfect, one is dead straight, the other is a SWEET anny disc that I use in almost any tight BH hyzer situation. They are all 169. Innova is so inconsistent, but I would give a finger to get any one of the 3 returned. I think you jsut have to buy/trade for them until you find one that works.

The orange one at the bottom is 30' farther than any disc I own every time I throw it and I don't know why. I have thrown 1000 times and this disc always comes out on top. Innova is so strange...but I still love them for all that they do for Disc golf and Charlotte Disc Golf.

That's a lot of Destroyers.

NEGATIVE_MAN_large.jpg