• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Perfect Property, Might become a Disc Golf Paradise!

Billy K2

Par Member
Hey guys, and I have some great news for ALL disc golfers.

Okay, there is a piece of land in Medina, Ohio. It is 270+ acres, and has extreme elevation, woods, open fields, creeks, lakes, ponds, and just everything you need for a world-class disc golf course. I contacted a trustee about installing a course in a different park. He said he had more exciting news for me. He was talking to Team Jenkins(Leroy and Avery) and told them about this property. Team Jenkins, as many of you probably know, are extremely good disc golfers, and have designed a few course, including the 4-disc rated Roscoe Ewing Park. The Jenkins were thrilled to here about this abandon golf course property, and are coming to look at it this week. If they like what they see, funding will start to come in! From what I heard, they want the best quality and want to go all out. If all goes well, I honestly believe this could become one of the best courses in the United States. I just wanted to deliver this news because it is exciting to know a possibly phenomenal course could be coming so close to my hometown. In the future i'll post an update on the progress, but for now this is all I have. If you would like to see a few photos of this incredible property, search google for "Blue Heron Golf Course Medina". Have a great day!

Where is the extreme elevation? I didn't know there were mountains in Ohio.

Where is the extreme elevation? I didn't know there were mountains in Ohio.

Southern Ohio is the foothills of the Appalachias, man! It's not Northern North Carolina, but it's far from flat. Medina's not in that area, but it's not flat either.

Hey guys, and I have some great news for ALL disc golfers.

Team Jenkins, as many of you probably know, are extremely good disc golfers, and have designed a few course, including the 4-disc rated Roscoe Ewing Park.

While this is potentially good news, let's not get carried away rewriting history. Steady Ed designed the original 9 @ Roscoe Ewing.

Southern Ohio is the foothills of the Appalachias, man! It's not Northern North Carolina, but it's far from flat. Medina's not in that area, but it's not flat either.

Extreme elevations meaning very high hills and revines. This place has great eleveation for Ohio.

I checked it out on Google Maps and didn't see too many hills. When someone says "extreme" elevations to describe disc golf courses, I think of courses in the mountains.

I checked it out on Google Maps and didn't see too many hills. When someone says "extreme" elevations to describe disc golf courses, I think of courses in the mountains.

That's weird coming from a flatlander.

You truly have to see this course to see all the epic details.

This came directly out of an article referring to the ball golf course:

An early review of the golf course had this to say: "For the quintessential golf experience, look no further than Blue Heron Golf Club in Medina, the new standard for daily-fee golf in Ohio. Blue Heron, a luxury Ohio course, features 27 holes of distinctive topography including elevation change, ravines, natural lakes and streams, and routing through native Ohio forest. A world-class Cleveland golf course, the layout proves as visually stunning as it is challenging."

While this is potentially good news, let's not get carried away rewriting history. Steady Ed designed the original 9 @ Roscoe Ewing.

Twoof.

However, I'd wager most (if not all) of the holes NOT designed by Steady Ed (all except for 4 short) were designed by the Jenkins.

exciting! What I love best is the 'good elevation change for this part of ohio'.

That's like saying we have good amount of sunshine here in this part of California.

That's weird coming from a flatlander.

This flatlander has played multiple mountain courses. Maybe I should not try to compare this piece of property to those I am familiar with in Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California. Sorry about that.

I'd be excited, too.

But to throw some cold, or lukewarm, water on the party, the disc golf course may not get all of that land, or all of those amenities (lakes, etc.).

This flatlander has played multiple mountain courses. Maybe I should not try to compare this piece of property to those I am familiar with in Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California. Sorry about that.

I was just joking, I probably should have added a smiley face to that post. You are right that extreme elevation isn't a good description of this property. Sudden elevation change probably would have been better.

The ultimate course would be to add a indoor 9 hole (putter course with plinko disc game),clubhouse/bar and disc store. Plus the best 18 hole in Ohio. Just curious, does a mulit-facility like I described even exist in the USA?

Latest posts