• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Hmmm, it's not the same DX plastic blend as the Thunderbirds unless there was more than 1 run of these glow RDG Rocs. I've got a glow RDG Roc out in the garage and a whole stack of those original DX Thunderbirds, and I don't think they are the same blend. I just went out to feel them up to check. That original DX Thunderbird plastic is super grippy, almost rubbery feeling, while still being very stiff. The glow RDG Roc feels a lot less grippy to me but still very stiff, almost like it's got a little KC Pro mixed in.

Don't get me wrong, it's still very nice plastic. It just doesn't feel like the same blend of DX as those original DX Thunderbirds.

I don't think those Rocs are the same either, but they have some grit to them that feels really nice.

Anyone thrown the Carnivore yet? Thoughts?

Also, Jcass, you are a god amongst men for producing drivers with a bead.

I didn't produce Nuthin'.
It's the old Blurr mold. I just swiped it when Mac gavee the opportunity lol.

Carnivore is a boring, OS distance mold in the air. It isn't a max D flyer, nor does it do anything spectacular.

What I LOVE about it is the handfeel. It's shallow, has a very manageable rim & quite flat. So for me, it's a great controllable long wing driver that is comfy in my hand and goes where I want it to. I also really enjoy forehand shots with the Carnivore due to the comfy shape.

We are still working on the stamp/PDGA approval on this but it is approved as the Blurr so you're good there.

I didn't produce Nuthin'.
It's the old Blurr mold. I just swiped it when Mac gavee the opportunity lol.

Carnivore is a boring, OS distance mold in the air. It isn't a max D flyer, nor does it do anything spectacular.

What I LOVE about it is the handfeel. It's shallow, has a very manageable rim & quite flat. So for me, it's a great controllable long wing driver that is comfy in my hand and goes where I want it to. I also really enjoy forehand shots with the Carnivore due to the comfy shape.

We are still working on the stamp/PDGA approval on this but it is approved as the Blurr so you're good there.

Well keep slapping your stamp on beaded drivers then:p

I like the sound of that... how does it compare to a Predator?

Well keep slapping your stamp on beaded drivers then:p

I like the sound of that... how does it compare to a Predator?

Carnivore is faster and has a less aggressive LSS.

Pred is very much a fairway, Carnivore is a distance mold albeit closer to a Orc or Wraith in terms of D potential.

The Carnivore really excels at flex lines like the Pred. It'll hold the angle for a bit before coming back and it makes for a nice line carver.

This... excites me.

I know you have been throwing them, still enjoying them? Your first impression seemed good. Also I have been trying to talk you into trying a Komodo too. Now is the time to order one cause Jamie just put them on sale.

I have been messing with the carnivore a bit still. Not using it much, but it is my go to sidearm driver. It is just the right speed for my sidearm, and stability for predictable flights. The hurricane goes some feet further, but not nearly as predictably. My bag is confused, but my forehands are landing under the basket.

I know you have been throwing them, still enjoying them? Your first impression seemed good. Also I have been trying to talk you into trying a Komodo too. Now is the time to order one cause Jamie just put them on sale.

I have been messing with the carnivore a bit still. Not using it much, but it is my go to sidearm driver. It is just the right speed for my sidearm, and stability for predictable flights. The hurricane goes some feet further, but not nearly as predictably. My bag is confused, but my forehands are landing under the basket.

Komodo is pretty cool, the mix of stability with the dumpy fade makes it really useful.

Komodo is pretty cool, the mix of stability with the dumpy fade makes it really useful.

I was worried that it would add confusion without dropping a mold, but it kinda made its own spot. I have preds back in my bag, but they glide on the fade and carry further. Both will go straight a while when I throw them flat. My OS demon is similar gliding fade. The komodo is great cause it just dumps. I especially like the bouncing skip vs the flare. Flare skips tend to run out and be a little less predictable. The komodo gives me one big hop and then settles, even when thrown low.
It flys a much tighter line, gives a lot less variability right to left while providing good level wind and turn resistance.
The komodo gets more throws than either of the other OS control molds in my bag.

BIG plans!

I'm working on having a run of Wizards made that are puddle topped/lower profile than a standard run.

Great to see all the recent RDG activity! Any update on this Liz wiz run? Do you expect some will be puddle, some flat? Or more what comes out/works. A low shoulder w/ flat top sounds really nice.

Great to see all the recent RDG activity! Any update on this Liz wiz run? Do you expect some will be puddle, some flat? Or more what comes out/works. A low shoulder w/ flat top sounds really nice.

They attempted to run me some puddle tops about a month ago. They ended up being pretty standard Wiz in terms of dome and shoulder so I didn't buy them.

I anticipate them attempting it again relatively soon. You wouldn't think it'd be that tough but I may end up having to tool a new top to ensure each one puddles properly.

We did also proto another awesome/horrible thing depending on what you're into.... While Gateway was messing around with coffee infused Wizards, I brought some of my homebrew hops up to the shop and they ran me some hop infused Wizards! They smell incredible (to me, my wife says they absolutely reek) but they're really cool. So hopefully I can get a production run of these as well to push out relatively soon.

Attachments

• 20221225_123225.jpg
    20221225_123225.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 37
Thanks for the update! I'll keep my eye out.

Soon we will be carrying a putter loadout with one hop-, one coffee- infused. Whatever tournament mindset issues you are having, add the appropriate whiff to your pre-putt routine.

They attempted to run me some puddle tops about a month ago. They ended up being pretty standard Wiz in terms of dome and shoulder so I didn't buy them.

I anticipate them attempting it again relatively soon. You wouldn't think it'd be that tough but I may end up having to tool a new top to ensure each one puddles properly.

We did also proto another awesome/horrible thing depending on what you're into.... While Gateway was messing around with coffee infused Wizards, I brought some of my homebrew hops up to the shop and they ran me some hop infused Wizards! They smell incredible (to me, my wife says they absolutely reek) but they're really cool. So hopefully I can get a production run of these as well to push out relatively soon.

Lol we gotta get a bar stamp or wizard with a flask stamp on these guys

I mean, what strain are we talking about here. Any of the OG Piney or grapefruity hops and I'll buy one to try to infuse that aroma into all my discs in disc storage.

Have really started working with the Chameleon, and I have to say the feel is growing on me. The rounded edges on the rim make it come out really smooth and fast feeling.

Looking forward to trying the nylon ones that are supposed to be a little more stable!

Have really started working with the Chameleon, and I have to say the feel is growing on me. The rounded edges on the rim make it come out really smooth and fast feeling.

Looking forward to trying the nylon ones that are supposed to be a little more stable!

It was a little different for me, the rounded, deep enough, wide blunt rim was instantly one of the more comfortable discs in the class for me.

My Nylons have really solidified the mold in my bag. They are honest competition for CD2 type slot now, but still power down to cover a lot of 7speed sort of lines. Its helped me simplify my bag back down a little. The Nylon seem to fly a tighter line, they fade predictably and still stand up easily but aren't quite the same big sweeping S.

When I saw the thread get bumped I was really hoping it meant new iguana were hitting the shelf. I am loving my "proto" more every round. I am really learning the angles with it and its giving me more options than my standard Gila-Buzzz-Origin I have been running. It takes stable origin shots and all but the more stable buzzz shots.

Latest posts