• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Just threw mine. They really do fly better upside down. Hilarious disc. It's flies like a jet performing evasive maneuvers.

Accurate description, evasive maneuvering and wanting to crash land. Bagged it for a round yesterday and didn't throw it except for a few seconds shots. Definite utility disc that could be useful on some courses.

Works well for FH rollers. Was surprised that it sucked for thumbers, I couldn't get it to pan over.

Was surprised that it sucked for thumbers, I couldn't get it to pan over.

I tried a few as well, it's crazy. It flies like a BH hyzer would normally only the disc is upside down.

Fun to throw because I don't think there's anything like it. Doubtful I will reach for it enough to bag it. Pure Utility discs are just something I dropped a long time okay.

I tried a few as well, it's crazy. It flies like a BH hyzer would normally only the disc is upside down.

Fun to throw because I don't think there's anything like it. Doubtful I will reach for it enough to bag it. Pure Utility discs are just something I dropped a long time okay.

I think my most frequent use of the disc isn't actually throwing it.

I love it for windy putts. Even short 10-15 ft taps that get super breezy I'll smash it in with the Stego.

I just like having a disc that I can spin putt into a head wind and know it isn't going to get funky.

Oh and I love rolling it out of jail.

This, grenades, and crazy spike hyzers for times when I am I such a bad spot in the brush that the only clean throw is straight up is exactly why I got the stego.

This is what I posted in the stego thread...

I threw mine on an approach yesterday on a hole 300' long and basically all up hill. It was a grenade over some tall bushes and a couple trees. I threw it and landed about 15 feet from the basket. It popped up and started to roll back down the fairway, managed to miss a couple of boulders half buried in the middle of the fairway. It rolled about 150 feet because of the wide rim...

Good news is I managed to save my bogey though.

While it rolled down the hill, it zig-zagged back and forth across the width of the fairway (maybe 20 feet wide) every time I thought it was going to stop rolling the wind would get under the wing and stand it up enough to turn it and gravity would take it back across the fairway. I bet it was on each side of the fairway at least 10 times before finally getting out if the wind about 75 feet from the tee-pad.

The new double bead proto with a Gila top....

Gateway has a new double beaded mid proto with an element top that could be cool with the Gila top
Are they redoing the mid lineup again? Lol. I told a guy when the Prophesy came out that I'd never switch to a Gateway mid since you would never know how long they would make it. There are two guys here still trying to find Scouts. :|

I got a proto mid at and event in February; when I got it I thought it was basically a Warrior with the new(ish) core so the rim didn't roll into the flight plate, but it flew pretty straight for a Warrior. Once I got it home to compare it to a Warrior, the nose was a lot sharper. If they also have a double bead proto, they have a couple of new mids in the pipeline I guess.

As long as they keep making flat top Gilas that's the only mid I care about.

Are they redoing the mid lineup again? Lol. I told a guy when the Prophesy came out that I'd never switch to a Gateway mid since you would never know how long they would make it. There are two guys here still trying to find Scouts. :|

I got a proto mid at and event in February; when I got it I thought it was basically a Warrior with the new(ish) core so the rim didn't roll into the flight plate, but it flew pretty straight for a Warrior. Once I got it home to compare it to a Warrior, the nose was a lot sharper. If they also have a double bead proto, they have a couple of new mids in the pipeline I guess.

The Scout is out there as an AGL or Storm disc now.

I threw mine on an approach yesterday on a hole 300' long and basically all up hill. It was a grenade over some tall bushes and a couple trees. I threw it and landed about 15 feet from the basket.

If you grenaded a Stego 285' uphill you must be strong like bull, I'm impressed.

If you grenaded a Stego 285' uphill you must be strong like bull, I'm impressed.

Ha-Ha,

The hole was about 300'
My drive (star sidewinder) hit a tree fairly early and kicked way right through some scrub to a cross-country ski trail running mostly parallel to fairway.
The first approach (grenade) was about 125' uphill and was my second shot...
My third shot/approach (KCcolorglowRoc) from almost back at the tee in the fairway was parked, to save my bogey.

what's your favorite RDG stamp? Mine is the chief! Followed closely by the RDG eye.

Attachments

• 20151106_125340.jpg
    20151106_125340.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 38
Love the Boa Stamp as well as the Ninja Turtle one.

Latest posts