• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So checking these out online...man that is tempting.

Does anyone know what the little pouch is I keep seeing in the pictures and videos that sits mid way up the poles?

It's just a simple pouch that comes with a bag purchase. Velcro pole attachment, large center pouch that can hold a nalgene, two velcro enclosed pockets on the side, and narrow pocket between them. It looks a bit funky due to it slouching; but the slouch is actually useful, especially if you run it between the bottle holders instead of up higher like in the pic, anything wide would get in the way of the holders.

Man, I just bought a jogging stroller and modified it to fit my backpack bag and cooler...this makes me want to upgrade/trade in my bag/cart. Great review, this looks much better than a delta cart so far as accessories/mods to customize. And heck, deltas website hasn't been working for me for at least a week...so can't even research/compare them.

Some of the comments from fellow disc golfers when they see/try the Ridge Roller.

Its so light!
The seat is solid no creaking or shifting when sitting or getting up.
Very compact, easy to pick up if necessary.
That would take a lot less space in my car/trunk.
I paid 300 for my grip and it doesn't have a seat and all that storage.

I had one guy play a round with me and at each hole, he would come over to the RR, pull out a disc, put it back. Sit down between holes. Put his hand on the pull pole. He even rolled it for some holes and was completely sold on it. Lets just say he is selling some of his current stock of bags, stools and discs from tournaments.

Some of the comments from fellow disc golfers when they see/try the Ridge Roller.

Its so light!
The seat is solid no creaking or shifting when sitting or getting up.
Very compact, easy to pick up if necessary.
That would take a lot less space in my car/trunk.
I paid 300 for my grip and it doesn't have a seat and all that storage.

I had one guy play a round with me and at each hole, he would come over to the RR, pull out a disc, put it back. Sit down between holes. Put his hand on the pull pole. He even rolled it for some holes and was completely sold on it. Lets just say he is selling some of his current stock of bags, stools and discs from tournaments.

Sounds like whats running through my head right now...I'm sold on this over the Delta for sure. Heck, can't even get on the Delta site.

This?
cart4.jpg

Or this?
8300538D-EFC3-4A2E-8144-45CCCAC5C1CD.jpg

Or the green thing on here (called a Towch)?
EC5736A8-7EA6-41E8-9CDC-BD118B7FF903.jpg

I'm guessing you're talking about the first picture. I was talking about the second.

Second pic

Man these make me envious of those of you that have courses that these will work on. So few courses in MT that you can use a cart on. These look like pure $$$ but can't justify a purchase for use on the 9 hole course here in Billings.

tool pouch putter pocket

It's an Adesso Supply Pouch from Home Depot (cheapest place I've found them online). He has a mounting bracket to connect it to the pole and then the pouch to the bracket, but I'm 99% sure that's what he's using.

I have one that a local guy is picking up for me this weekend and would like to add that tool pouch as I don't believe the production models have them anymore. Joe - is there some brick and mortar store where I can buy the connectors for that pouch or should I order them through you. I think Abby is supposed to be there tomorrow to pick up the carts for the guys here in Cincy. If I need to buy some from you let me know and I'll have Abby grab them while he's there.

Thanks,

Phil

These are absolutely amazing. Rolled around the course yesterday. I have the same feeling when i switched from a one shoulder strap bag , to a backpack style. The "what was i doing this whole time" feeling.

I know this. Your friends will hate you when they see you with one. They will all be in a jealous rage lol

I have one that a local guy is picking up for me this weekend and would like to add that tool pouch as I don't believe the production models have them anymore. Joe - is there some brick and mortar store where I can buy the connectors for that pouch or should I order them through you. I think Abby is supposed to be there tomorrow to pick up the carts for the guys here in Cincy. If I need to buy some from you let me know and I'll have Abby grab them while he's there.

Thanks,

Phil

I would hit him up on Facebook as he has responded quickly there.

New Ridge Roller User

Hey Guys just wanted to post a review on my new Ridge Roller. Just to give you a little background, I'm 6'2" 235 so I'm a decent sized guy. I've been playing for 14 years and about 12 years competitively. I average about 2 rounds per week and I play year round. I probably play at least 10 - 15 tournaments per year, most local , some PDGA.

Either way I just got the production Ridge Roller and took it out for my first round last evening. I have to say that this thing is pretty sick. I played in a local weekly draw dubs. I warmed up about 9 holes and then played 18 once teams were drawn and I have to say that it didn't feel like I had even played 4 holes. It was a pretty good inaugural round for the cart as my partner and I tied the course record for dubs at -16.

First off the cart is very light and easy to maneuver. It really does roll like butta. I couldn't decide whether to push it or pull it so I let the terrain decide. When I needed to go over large objects, I pulled it and just let the wheels ride over the obstacle. For rough terrain I pushed it and most times because of the wheel height It just ran over things without stopping at all.

Second, the seat is very comfortable for a guy that's my height and weight. The cart frame is super sturdy and I wasn't worried about it collapsing or tipping over. In fact with the seat pad it's quite comfortable. Realistically I'm not going to be sitting on it for hours at a time writing disc golf haiku, but for a rest between holes or shots it's pretty damn good.

Third, the storage is quite good. I carry 30 discs and this was not a problem. I carry 6 putters (I know it's weird). I have 3 in the side stretchy pocket and they fit well. Not too loose but not so tight as I have to put any real effort into pulling them out. The other 3 fit on the bottom rack with what I call my utility discs. All my mids and main drivers sit on top and I use the divider to separate them.

Fourth, miscellaneous storage is ok. There are side pockets that zip on both sides. Once side has a shallow pocket that should fit a cell phone and maybe a small wallet. The other side has a zippered side that opens back toward the back of the cart with a zippered pocket that I used for my cellphone, keys and wallet. There is also access behind disc storage where I'm keeping towels for now. I think I'm going to pick up a water proof container of some type to probably use for my phone, wallet and keys. You could also put extra clothes in there as well. One detail that I really like is that the disc rack has a rubberized pencil holder. This is located on the inside for storage between rounds. Also the production cart comes with a bag that attaches to the pole and is secured by Velcro. It has one main big opening and 2 smaller openings that have Velcro covers. I used these for my sunglasses and vaping rig. They are relatively deep and I wasn't worried about anything coming out.

Fifth, the pole is sturdy and collapses with ease. It is in 3 pieces. The bottom is very securely fastened to the frame. The 2nd pulls out of that one and is secured with a quick release that really locks it down. The third where the handle is comes out of that one and is secured by a locking button as the middle pole has the height adjustment holes. Once fully extended locks down nicely with no play in the pole at all. The handle which I believe was originally a bar end for a mountain bike has been re-done for the production model and is actually made for the cart. It is quite comfortable to use. It has a rubber cap on the end so I could see this being used for maybe battery or "hippie lettuce" storage.

6th, The wheels really roll nicely and are pretty similar to wheels found on other carts. However I believe this cart is the only one with sealed bearings. This may not sound like a big deal, but as the owner of the Go Cart, I'm here to tell you it is. On the Go Cart I had to constantly futz with the wheels to keep the bearings clean and to keep them in the rim. I finally ended up putting washers in to keep the bearings in. There may have been a better way to do this, but I'm an IT Security guy not an engineer. Either way the wheels on the RR are seemingly maintenance free, which is a big plus in my book.

Lastly, I'm still working out how to hang my Bluetooth speaker http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tYj1lJFSL.jpg on the pole. Once I have that in place the cart will be perfect. I did get an umbrella, the versabrella http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71oyRUXJpIL._SL1500_.jpg.

I have to say that the attention to detail paid by Joe on this cart is really excellent. I was using the Go Cart until this and I have to say that this thing is superior in every way. The price may be $300 plus depending on how you configure it, but in my opinion it is worth every f-ing dime! I payed $225 for my Go Cart and had to use my innova tour bag that was like $65 back in the day. So for a little more money I got a cart with a bag that specifically made for it. My Innova bag hung off my Go Cart and dragged the ground a bit when tilted to pull it. The side that drug would get wet. This will not happen with the Ridge Roller.

In closing, I will apologize for being long-winded but when I see a small company trying to do something new and they are putting out a good product then I feel compelled to give a good review. Hats off to Joe for producing a top notch product.

Once I have time I'll follow up with some pictures.

The other side has a zippered side that opens back toward the back of the cart with a zippered pocket that I used for my cellphone, keys and wallet.

Thanks for the thorough write up.

On the quoted part: My bag doesn't have the zippered pocket you describe here - can you take a pic of what you're talking about?

Nice review!! Thank you so much man. I will keep pushing for perfection.

I think he means the side zipper door.

Storage

Thanks for the thorough write up.

On the quoted part: My bag doesn't have the zippered pocket you describe here - can you take a pic of what you're talking about?

Jack,

Here's what I was talking about. I may have mis-described the storage. This is where I'm keeping my wallet, keys and phone.

I can find this Adesso Supply Pouch on the ridge roller website? Did I miss something? Or is everyone getting theirs from home depot?

Eco81,

I believe Joe stop selling them as he is coming up with an original one. I remember him saying he had a few left and I'm guessing once those pre-orders processed, he ran out. I haven't seen one in person but I find it to be too large from the photos. I could see it tilting your roller depending on how heavy it is.

The included pouch has been working great for me. I only wished the non putter pouch side was a little thicker for storage.

Last I heard, Joe said he was shooting to have his original design putter pouch out in November.

I didn't go with the toughbuilt pouch because I wanted the functionality of the fully collapsible pole. If, however, you could make the toughbuilt pouch quick release, then it would be viable. To that end, I found a product called quick fist clamps that might work if you used them to replace the current permanent mounts. I don't know for certain if they'd work or not, and I don't have a pouch to experiment on, but if someone does have one, and is interested in trying, the quick fist clamps are sold at amazon for $8.75.

http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Fist®-C...469_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0W66FY8HNA7FTAKAG76P

Thanks for the info. If I get a ridge roller it is going to be a couple months down the road and will see what joe come out with. Either way the ridge roller looks pretty sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.