• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emoney

* Ace Member *
Just recieved my production Ridge Roller by Zuca and Joe Robinson. Many thanks to Joe and his constant communication, he seems like a great guy.

My first impression as i opened the box was " damn this thing is beefy". I didnt realize how solid and quality built this was gonna feel. I rushed to put the wheels on so i could give it the sit test. Iam 6'4" 220lbs of man meat and i thought for sure this cart would creek and moan (and cry if it could). To my suprise it felt like i just sat on a concrete bench and it easily handled my weight.
The height of the seat is also perfect for my long legs and i think shorter fellas will like it even more.

A+ on first impression and quality.

On to the bag and frame. I got the gray bag with black frame. Im not a flashy guy and this was perfect. The gray is more of a charcoal/gunmetal. The black frame is a matte black. The bag is high quality fabric and the fact that it will never touch the ground will make it last a lifetime with minimal care. I mite just spray some waterproofing or scotch guard to protect from water and fading.
Great ground clearance. I measure 5 inches. Plenty. A+

Now for how it relates to our beloved sport. The bag side pockets will give you a plethora or storage options. When facing the bag, the right side has 2 pockets. A zippered pocket and a big stretchy pocket. Zipperd pocket is roughly 10" wide and 6 1/2" deep. Plenty of space for wallet/keys/phone/snacks and valuables. The stretchy pocket is roughly 10" wide and 12" deep. Perfect for sweaters/jackets/towels/extra discs.
Looking at the opposite side we have 1 thin pocket (no zipper) that is roughly 10" wide and 8" at its deepest. Its kind of a sloping pocket. It will fit a couple discs or maybe even have a umbrella sticking out of it. Maybe add a velcro strap above the pocket to stablize the umbrella ella aye..ect. Also, that whole side of the bag unzips. Now sure why but you can access the inner disc rack.How the frame is built along side the pockets it will keep the pockets , when stretched , from rubbing on the wheels.

Disc storage. From my count i could fit roughly 30-32 drivers and fairway drivers in the main compartment. Obviously when you add putters and mids, that will reduce the compacity but should still get you at least 26 or more. I can fit 4 more drivers in the stretchy pocket and 2 more in the long thin pocket on the opposite side. So this bag can almost carry 40 discs , if you really need every inch for plastic...which makes you a weirdo.

A++ for storage. I cant see a need to have to have more.

The disc rack fits perfectly and is measured just right for the discs to stand properly and slide in and out easily. ONLY ISSUE SO FAR is im not sure how the plastic cross members thats the discs rest on will hold up. Especially the one thats goes across the middle. It gets rubbed and wear and tear from taking the top and bottom discs in and out. If this somehow breaks, it will be a real easy and cheap replacement because the cross members can be removed by screws. Great idea Joe. The disc rack is well worth the small extra price he is asking. A must get in my opinion.

Accessing the top row of discs is very easy and not much of a bend, even though im a giant amoung average men. The bottom row is obviously low but still not as low as most bags/backpacks (remember the cart sits 5 inches off the ground). Also the bottom row of discs is slighly pushed forward about 2-3 inches. This way you dont have to reach way down in to get plastic. Amazing design Joe.

The front flap also folds down and zips along the whole front of the bag. If your discs are in need of private time.

A + on design. Plenty of places for an umbrella as well.

Also comes with 2 waterbottle holders that screw into the back side. Doesnt look big enough to hold gatorade bottles and just barely fits my 32oz hydroflask. With a minor mod to these you should be able to figure a way to get a bigger bottle in there no problem.

The telescopic handle/pole feels sturdy and slides down for a very compact package. The wheels spin great and the sealed bearings spin effortlessly. Wheels come on and off in a flash. The rollers overall dimensions are actually great for how much storage you get. Compared to some taller backpack bags, without wheels, this roller is not much bigger. You get alot in a small package. Unlike if you make your own cart, from a golf cart and a dg bag. It may be cheaper BUT will def take up more storage space in your car or truck.

I bought the putter pouch for the handle and i love it. Will fit 2 putters with plenty of room or 3 tightly. Also has a mini pocket. I believe the original use for this pouch was for tools but works perfect for disc golf needs. Joe has mentioned he will make his own , i think its a great idea. If you get this one in the meantime, you will be very happy with the amazing quality and wont regret it.

Also comes with a little pouch that velcros onto the handle. You can use it for odds and ends but isnt something i will use since i have the putter pouch. It will not fit a disc. Kind of long oval shaped. Meh

I have not seen the delta cart and i wont get into if the ridge roller is better or not. For me, the Ridge Roller has everything you could need or want. Multiple colors, amazing storage and compacity, durability, design, and you get Joe...dont forget Joe.

The price. While ppl will argue if its worth it. Thats all subjective. The top of the line grip and lb bags are over 300 with rainflys. You can have one of these for right at the price point and the best part is you dont have to carry it.

FOR YOU YOUNGER GUYS. Dont forget the value of having less stress and fatigue on your body during a round of disc golf. When we play 2 rounds a day in tourneys, thats roughly 8hrs of carrying 20+ extra pounds on your shoulders. Can you do it? Yeah, no problem. Is it possible you could actually save some mental mistakes and bad throws caused by fatigue by not having to carry your bag? Definitely.

This bag also has endless modification possibilities. Go get you one, you will be forever happy you took that load of your shoulders. No more water rationing or leaving plastic behind or having to run to the car mid round.

Get smart, Get Rolling

Received mine yesterday and taking her for a round this evening. I have a towch and trying to figure out a way to hang it on the non putter side. I'll post pictures once I get it mounted.

Like you I was impressed with the build quality of the RR. I read on facebook that someone was driving home from the course and theirs fell out of the back of the truck and held up strong with some minor scratches but it did not fall apart.

Just got mine last night as well - worth the wait. My only complaint is that I'd like to see a locking cotter pin solution to hold the wheel on, I managed to knock mine out test wheeling it around in the house. If that came off in the middle of a round, it would be a huge hassle trying to keep the wheels on for the rest of the round. Otherwise, it's a well thought out product and should last a LONG time, will see a lot of use.

Also, that whole side of the bag unzips. Not sure why but you can access the inner disc rack.

It gives you access to the cavity behind the rack for more storage. I keep a couple towels back there, plus a small bag that I use to hold a bunch of odds and ends, like extra mini, sharpies, pencils, sunscreen, etc.

My only complaint is that I'd like to see a locking cotter pin solution to hold the wheel on, I managed to knock mine out test wheeling it around in the house. If that came off in the middle of a round, it would be a huge hassle trying to keep the wheels on for the rest of the round.

I see what you mean but the wheel will remain on if you have the knob tightened. I may just bend the cotter pin to reduce the chance of it coming off. I do not see myself taking the wheels off much.

I see what you mean but the wheel will remain on if you have the knob tightened. I may just bend the cotter pin to reduce the chance of it coming off. I do not see myself taking the wheels off much.

Same, I don't see myself taking the wheels off frequently either. Bending the pin would be easiest, although I'll likely install a split ring (keychain) to avoid having it catch on anything (like my ankle).

looks awesome!!! i cant believe i forgot the screw for the water bottles...i guess the late night building and trying to get these out asap was a little much..lol i mailed out this morning a seat cushion for ya and the screws and another towel holder for the mess up..thanks again guys.. now get out and RROLL!!!

and yes the cotter pin was just a safety thing..i over build...those wheels will never come off if the cotter pin comes out

It gives you access to the cavity behind the rack for more storage. I keep a couple towels back there, plus a small bag that I use to hold a bunch of odds and ends, like extra mini, sharpies, pencils, sunscreen, etc.

Ah yes, i see it now. What a great suprise. This think has way more storage than i would have imagined. I cant find a fault with this thing, i have tried.

Ordered Monday Night around 9pm......expected delivery Wednesday.....:clap:

After my first round with the Ridge Roller, I can honestly say I do not miss carrying my gear. I used the rainfly during a light rainfall before my round started. It is super easy to put on and take off. I left the rain fly connected at the bottom and pushed the rest of the cover onto the bottom as I did not have discs in the lower section. At the moment I have 15 discs in the cart (5 putters, 3 mids and 7 drivers), 2 40 oz hydra flask and some miscellaneous items in the bottom portion of the cart. I found it very easy to navigate around rocks. I tried pushing and pulling the cart and found pushing the cart more comfortable. I kept looking for my backpack after every throw but after 7 holes it started to sink in.

Some issues I ran into but I do not consider deal breakers.
Wheels: I went to put some more air into them but the bicycle pump I had would not fit onto the air intake and ended up letting air out of one of the wheels. One wheel was way lower than the other and there was some bouncing going on when navigating around larger rocks. I may end up filling it with the slime people have mentioned but I'm not sure how that slime reacts to cold and heat. Would it swell in the summer and shrink in the winter. I'll need to look into that more.

Pole bag:
I like that it has two covered pockets but the larger pocket will not stay open unless you have a bottle in it. I was using it for my phone and some almonds. I do not like having to place it so low on the pole and I felt my phone may fall out if tilted just right. I may just use one of the covered pockets to secure it but I'm not sure my Note3 will fit.

Left side storage (not putter pouch side):
An opportunity was missed to have additional storage here. That side is way too thin whereas they could have made it a tad thicker. Having a second putter pouch that is split in the middle would have been ideal for miscellaneous items.

That's all I can say bad about this cart. I'm still figuring out how to place the cart in the rear of my hatchback so that it doesn't shift around. After playing a 6994 ft. length course, I was not tired at all when walking up to tee #18. I ended up playing another 6 holes before sunset. Very happy with this purchase.

Last edited:
So checking these out online...man that is tempting.

Does anyone know what the little pouch is I keep seeing in the pictures and videos that sits mid way up the poles?

So checking these out online...man that is tempting.

Does anyone know what the little pouch is I keep seeing in the pictures and videos that sits mid way up the poles?

Yea I couldn't see that either, there's an accessory pouch but that's not the same pic for sure.

It's an Adesso Supply Pouch from Home Depot (cheapest place I've found them online). He has a mounting bracket to connect it to the pole and then the pouch to the bracket, but I'm 99% sure that's what he's using.

It's an Adesso Supply Pouch from Home Depot (cheapest place I've found them online). He has a mounting bracket to connect it to the pole and then the pouch to the bracket, but I'm 99% sure that's what he's using.

I think they are asking about the included accessory pouch TBird, not the extra putter pocket, about which you are 100% correct. Home Depot has them cheapest.

I am asking about the Pita Pocket looking thing attached halfway up the pole. That's the way I describe it lol. Like a half moon open on the top

I am asking about the Pita Pocket looking thing attached halfway up the pole. That's the way I describe it lol. Like a half moon open on the top

This?
cart4.jpg

Or this?
8300538D-EFC3-4A2E-8144-45CCCAC5C1CD.jpg

Or the green thing on here (called a Towch)?
EC5736A8-7EA6-41E8-9CDC-BD118B7FF903.jpg

I'm guessing you're talking about the first picture. I was talking about the second.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.