• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge v3 - Ridge Roller Customs

doth_savek

Par Member
Hw3oEer.jpg

Check out the full rundown of this bag in my YouTube video.
This bag was a pleasant surprise to me. I expected a heavy bulky bag that was like hauling around a brick but it just isn't the case. Soft back on a metal frame bag is a thing of beauty.

I have the V2. I like that the new version has the larger side pockets, the bottle holders stay close to the body of the bag (v2 they lean away, sometimes pulling the lower pocket zippers open) and I believe it has an umbrella/retriever holder.

I also like that you can buy it without the internal frame/seat and just use the frame/seat from a previous version. Let's you upgrade at a lower cost if your current version is torn/worn/whatever.

I've also heard you can get the internal frame/seat colored to match your stitching (for example, in the photo the frame could have been red instead of the aluminum color) and that the color no longer rubs off onto your discs.

I've also heard you can get the internal frame/seat colored to match your stitching (for example, in the photo the frame could have been red instead of the aluminum color) and that the color no longer rubs off onto your discs.

Joe told me he is still experimenting with powder coating the internal frame. Still testing durability of the powder coat I believe.

Anyone been rocking this bag at all? I'm heavily considering getting one. Wisconsin company, plus having a built in seat and more storage than the Carlton would be pretty amazing for my aging buttocks.

I have been rocking the Ridge Roller V3 Bag for the past two years and absolutely love it. Previously, i had a used V1 for about a year before upgrading and can say i like V3 bag better; bigger side pockets and better top pocket configurations. The bag holds a ton discs and about as much other junk as you could ever want to carry on your back. Plus, it is perfect as a carryon if you ever want to fly with your bag (always have a seat in the crowded airport too!). My only drawback, it can hold more junk than I really want to be lugging around all day.

So, for about the past year, i have been rolling the cart; not the R3 but the cart for the bag. Ill never go back from the cart life if the course allows, so much nicer on my shoulders and back plus you can carry more beverages, gear, and the extra putter pouch. Best part is if you come to a course that is not cart friendly... 4 clips and you are back on your way with just the bag. The convenience and versatility is unmatched.

Do yourself a favor, bite the bullet and get a Ridge V3 Bag... and then a cart to put it on if you are so inclined.

I love my V2, but wish it had the longer pockets that the V3 does. I use a Rovic RV1D when I want to use a cart to carry my bag.

Do yourself a favor, bite the bullet and get a Ridge V3 Bag... and then a cart to put it on if you are so inclined.

sounds like a plan to me. I'm also all about supporting a Wisconsin business if I can. I probably won't do the cart for a bit - the courses I play most of the time are kind of a pain with a cart due to elevation change (hiestand, cap springs, elver) but eventually will pick one up.

I got the v3 Wysocki bag last week, very pleased with this purchase. Yes, it might be a bit heavier than others that are the same size, but it doesn't feel like it with it on your back. Doth was correct, a lot of little things in this bag are incredibly well thought out. Places for pencils, mini holders, extra pockets, strap retention systems...seems like it was more designed for actual disc golfers than something like my Carlton, where the storage is a bit awkward and leaves a lot to be desired.

Looking forward to playing a full season with this bag. If I like it a lot, I'll probably buy the Roller bag cart by next year.

Just a heads up for everyone who owns a ridge bag:
The ridge fits perfectly on the MVP Rover cart for those of you who want a cart for your bag, but cant afford/don't want to spend the money on a Roller cart.

Ridge V4?

Would love to see a review that covers the V4 that is currently on preorder and how it differs from the V3, especially since V3 is not into even available (unless you want the Wysocki version which just does not vibe with me.)

Would love to see a review that covers the V4 that is currently on preorder and how it differs from the V3, especially since V3 is not into even available (unless you want the Wysocki version which just does not vibe with me.)

Velcro spots for patches, removable backpack straps and two tone colors are the differences between the v3 and v4

This seems to be the only new things:

Two color bag
More available color options
Velcro on the sides
Two velcro patches
NEW: Removable/Replaceable Backstraps
NEW: 4 short pencil pockets (really....how many pencils do I really need to carry? I'd rather have one or two pockets for them and carry extras in a larger, side pocket)
I'm not sure what is new about these two things....I think the NEW might be left over from the V3 bag description.
2 Large integrated 32oz Water Bottle holders NEW
haul backstrap clinch side buckles to bring the load closer to your upper back NEW

I wish they had a trade-in policy. I really like the V3 over the V2 (which I have). When the V3 came out, they also offered a less expensive version without the seat (you used the seat from your existing bag). I don't care for where the velcro is on V4 - I have towels and other things hanging on the sides, so no one would ever see the patches. And the patches they provide aren't ones I would really want on my bag.

But...if I didn't already have a RidgeRoller, I'd be getting the V4. My only concern would be the removable backstraps...how well are they attached? Will they come unattached while it's on my back? Or when I'm lifting it off the ground?

This seems to be the only new things:

Two color bag
More available color options
Velcro on the sides
Two velcro patches
NEW: Removable/Replaceable Backstraps
NEW: 4 short pencil pockets (really....how many pencils do I really need to carry? I'd rather have one or two pockets for them and carry extras in a larger, side pocket)
I'm not sure what is new about these two things....I think the NEW might be left over from the V3 bag description.
2 Large integrated 32oz Water Bottle holders NEW
haul backstrap clinch side buckles to bring the load closer to your upper back NEW

I wish they had a trade-in policy. I really like the V3 over the V2 (which I have). When the V3 came out, they also offered a less expensive version without the seat (you used the seat from your existing bag). I don't care for where the velcro is on V4 - I have towels and other things hanging on the sides, so no one would ever see the patches. And the patches they provide aren't ones I would really want on my bag.

But...if I didn't already have a RidgeRoller, I'd be getting the V4. My only concern would be the removable backstraps...how well are they attached? Will they come unattached while it's on my back? Or when I'm lifting it off the ground?

They are bolted on and will never come off unless you unbolt the lock nut.

Will probably have the shell option as soon as they arrive.

Latest posts