• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Roadrunner/Sidewinder Thread!

DONT FORGET TO POST WHY YOU VOTED!

• Roadrunner

Votes: 48 41.4%
  • Sidewinder

Votes: 68 58.6%

• Total voters
rr never thrown a sw. i really liked the rr i had. traded it for a force to a buddy who always loses his rr's.

I use a brand new champion roadrunner for slight fade to the right. I use a beat to hell star sidewinder for major fade. I like both for different shots but the one i use more and also my favorite would be the roadrunner.

i use both sparingly but RR more

I use (somtimes) a RR for rollers. For me, it turns more than I like as a driver, even at 175, but if you really need a big right turn, it works. I also used the Sidewinder, but have since gotten rid of them and use the Valkyrie as my main understable distance driver.

They are both good discs and I use them both.
I chose the RR because I can hyzer flip it and get a three curve flight or I can hyzer it a little more so that it flips up straight for a super long straight flight or slight turnover. I can also use it for long anhyzers.

The Sidewinder is good for shorter turnover shots, S-curves and flex shots.

Sidewinder all the way. I had a friend that got one because he couldn't throw overstable discs. Turned out he couldn't throw it either so I stayed away. Then I finally gave a nice blue champ sidewinder a try. Holy crap is that disc awesome. Does a great hyzer flip if that's what you need but with good speed, flat release, and alot of snap that disc flys GREAT! It has such a nice long slow right turn but always drops in that nice little fade at the end.

I use it for this hole at Lobdell Reserve. It works perrrrfect.

they dont own a katana and realize that both are made basically irrelevant by this new disc. Same flight, same everything, 30-50 more feet.

Innova has made the noodle arm's best friend.

I disagree. Sidewinder/Roadrunner are not irrelevant. Maybe everyone can't throw a Katana so it will work properly. I prefer the Sidewinder over the RR.

I used to throw a sidewinder when I first started then when my form and power got better it was way to squirrley for me. I find the RR to be very predictable and I myself prefer them in star.

These discs are not really comparable....the sidewinder I use more but if I need a ridiculous right turn there is nothing like the roadrunner. The sidewinder turns softer while the roadrunner makes a 90 degree turn it seems. Both are great fairway drivers and in field practice Ive gotten my best distance out of the roadrunner.....needs a lot of room to get the flight path in though. The sidewinder is a great soft hyzer disc as well...thrown with a slight hyzer you can practically dial it in to where u want to go on a slow hyzer line...very little fade. The roadrunner is probably the best roller ever made...though I cant roll for crap. When I throw my roadrunner into the ground I realize my OAT issues have resurfaced...check the thrower not the disc if you need to blame.

Thrown full force these discs will turn like all hell which can be useful in specific circumstances...they were not meant to be str8 fairway discs...I find it funny when people make the joke about sidewinders...they are called sidewinders cause they wind up on the side of the fairways....thats what they r designed for!

SW!
I love it, works great for my anny shots. RHBH. I just know what it will do. I have a nicley worked star SW. It is like an old honda civic youve owned for ten years with 200K miles. Predictable and easy drives.
It is also a great tailwind disc. holds the air pretty well.
roller? maybe so

If thrown to hard or with alot of snap they could really go bad, I throw them with a little hyzer and its all good.

I use both of these dics almost exclusively. RR for distance, Sidewinder for tunnel shots or Tomahawks. They all do exactly what I want them to do. Bottom line for me is RR for more distance/SW for more accuracy, but they are both very preddictable in my hands.

yay, roadrunner finally tied up the poll!!!

i cant compare my katana to my RR, it'll need to be thrown a lil more first, it is longer, but its not as consistent to hyzer flip, i can tell the speed dif, especially the wide rim is a bit harder to grip, but i'll have the RR for long time to come, the Katana will just have to wait til i get some field time and some wear on it

I like them both but my 167gr. Star RR was my go to driver. I can do Hyzer flips, long turnover shots, long rollers and flip it up straight for a long bomb. The sidewinder always fades back left. The Roadrunner will do anything I ask of it as long as my release angle is correct.
I just lost my RR friday before the KY state Champs on Sat. Someone loaned me a champion RR but it wouldn't stay turned over like the star RR. It was less flippy.

I vote Roadrunner.

I throw both, though I would say that the Sidewinder is the more verstile out of the 2.

I use the RoadRunner for right turning shots, tunnel shots, and rollers only. I can put lots of hyzer on the disc and it still turns, so I keep in mind how far or how much I want the disc to turn and adjust the hyzer accordingly.

The Sidewinder I throw can be used for tunnel shots, right turning shots, and rollers as well, though it can also hold a long soft hyzer and can also be flip hyzered to str8-as-an-arrow flight.....I took the thing out of my bag, along with a Beast, because of really used Champion Valkyrie.

Sidewinder is my vote. It's the more versitile disc.

If you're having problems getting the RoadRunner to stay in the air (my guess is, is that it's rolling out on you) put more hyzer on the disc when you shoot and maybe throw the disc higher in the air.

If you flip hyzer the disc into it's turn, you'll generally get a lift early in it's flight to help it get higher in the air, but the flip hyzer also uses the discs SUPER understableness to turn 'up' into the air instead of the disc being thrown flat and it's SUPER unerstableness turning you into the ground.

the katana is nothing like my roadrunners, its much more stable for me
unless theres a headwind, then its flippier than my roadrunner...

it is longer though ( i have a heavier pro )
with my armspeed/distance, its just not a good disc for me
i throw over 350, theres probably good advise that would say my RR is too fast a disc

Last edited:

Latest posts