• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] THE Roc3 Thread

Beat up Star Roc3 vs beat up KC pro roc

Hey guys! Trying to figure some Roc things out.

Worked in baseline rocs have the perfect flight to me. Gentle and controllable drift the whole flight and a helicopter like fade where they seem to just gently fall out of the sky as opposed to move back left.

I was wondering if beat in star and champion Roc3s have the same characteristics when they get beaten in, or if they keep their fade a little more than KC Pros as they lose their high speed stability.

If it matters I'm throwing my fresh star roc3 about 350 or so flat ground.

Thanks in advance!

I've never had a Star Roc3 that gets the flippy Roc drift of a seasoned DX or KC. The only Roc3 that I've gotten to behave that way is the tour series KC plastic version. My oldest Star is only a couple years old though so it may just take more time.

The Star Roc3s I've thrown were not like a DX. They were all had a little dome and a different flight. I do like the RocX3. It is very flat and reliably beefy. You do give up some distance, tho.

I've never had a Star Roc3 that gets the flippy Roc drift of a seasoned DX or KC. The only Roc3 that I've gotten to behave that way is the tour series KC plastic version. My oldest Star is only a couple years old though so it may just take more time.

I need to add a bit of information. I have two Halo Roc3's. My pink one is more stable and is just a backup. The black one is board flat has lost stability faster than regular Star and is already a great straight Roc and is a fantastic anny Roc. Wouldn't be surprised if it starts developing the drift before too long. Fingers crossed!

I got a yellow Star Roc3 in my bag for a couple of years now. I always place my thumb at the same place and somehow that spot has developed some green. Maybe I got a green thumb?

That one has developed a nice drift. When thrown on a baby-hyzer it flips up and rides to the right before still finishing very gently left. I can also play high annys with it and it will finish the flight just slowly drifting towards the ground.

I pair that one with a an orange champ Roc3 in 173g and some air bubbles in the flight plate that got slight turn and slight fade and a candy-red champ Roc3 in 175g that has some good fade to it. The only thing these 3 are not covering for my midrange/putter slot is the really OS/wind resistant slot.

The Star Roc3s I've thrown were not like a DX. They were all had a little dome and a different flight. I do like the RocX3. It is very flat and reliably beefy. You do give up some distance, tho.
My Stars are all flat. How do those with a dome fly for you?

And how OS is the RocX3? Could it full up the same slot Zones/Harps/Toros/Gators are taking up? Or is it more of a slightly more OS Roc3?

My Stars are all flat. How do those with a dome fly for you?

And how OS is the RocX3? Could it full up the same slot Zones/Harps/Toros/Gators are taking up? Or is it more of a slightly more OS Roc3?

I don't bag it. Flies more like a Rancho. The X3 is more stable than a Zone, and a little longer—but you lose some distance. It's like a laser until it starts slowing down.

I dig both the roc3 and the rocX3. To me the roc3 flies -1 1 and the X3 flies 0 3. I use the X3 when I need something to finish left, but not fade really hard like a toro or zone. You can also put it on a baby anhyzer and get a tight s curve that finishes a little left of the line. On tunnel shots I use the roc3 when missing right is better and the X3 when missing left is better

I dig both the roc3 and the rocX3. To me the roc3 flies -1 1 and the X3 flies 0 3. I use the X3 when I need something to finish left, but not fade really hard like a toro or zone. You can also put it on a baby anhyzer and get a tight s curve that finishes a little left of the line. On tunnel shots I use the roc3 when missing right is better and the X3 when missing left is better
What plastic? Seems to me the X3 was made for Star, but that's just me.