• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the south will rise

well lets see, you cant say blacks treat whites the same as they do fellow blacks, whether you think so or not there is just as much discrimination there as there is whites to blacks....and i lived in utah for a couple years and being baptist instead of mormon i was strongly discriminated against, all bc i didnt believe in the same things they did...as far as discrimination goes, i see where youre coming from, now i know i havent been through as much or as bad of things as you have.....but dont come walkin in here with thinking your owed more respect just because you've been through all that.....im sorry for whatever youve been through, you dont deserve it, NO ONE DOES!! but why use the generalization that the south as a whole is ignorant.....i know there are still many people in the south that still hold strong racial opinions, trust me i know i was raised in east texas, but that doesnt mean we are all like that...

i think everything would be a little bit better if the south would lose the predjudice and the north would lose the generalizations

I never said that white people where the only people that are guilty, not even close. Contrary to popular belief there are many black people that hate white people, and even more black people that hate gay people. I think anyone with prejudice against any one group of people is ignorant no matter who they are. I also don't believe that everyone from the south is this way. What I do think is that this wise guy that started this thread maybe could have made a better title for it then, "the south will rise again", maybe like check out my cool dye and maybe it wouldn't invoke such strong reactions.

One other thing. I don't think I am owed more respect. I think everyone deserves the same about of respect no matter who they are, that's the point.

Last edited:
agreed, gays have it the worst...and if your a gay black dude/chick your just F'd....and thats sad, but thats just the way it is....its funny, i grew up in a bible thumping, east texas baptist family and one thing my parents never had a problem with was gays, needless to say we never would say anything to anyone else from the church, bc this is a big no no.... but the way i look at it, everyone should be entitled to do their own thing, i dont necessarily approve of their choice, but im not gonna say theyre wrong, to each is his/her own....i wouldnt want anyone telling me how/who to love, so im not gonna dog someone else about it, if thats their choice, thats cool with me....

and i agree about the title....he could have def come up with a different way to word it and it would have been a lot less controversial...although i see both sides, being used to hearing this or similar things...i figured he didnt meant it that way, but i figured it would def be taken the wrong way....and it was :(

try being this guy just wanting to go check out the holocaust museum, imagine the mean looks/ hisses/ boos he gets :eek: :)
hitler-480.jpg

im not a nazi skinhead either, so no one jump to conclusions!!! just a joke...a wrong one, but nothing more than a joke

His pants are missing belt loops :confused:

No matter what, when certain people see that flag they think racist, no one will ever change that fact. Its a flag that represented a group of white people who happened to be ok with slavery and segregation. That flag is the best way to say your racist without saying your racist, and thats what people are gonna think.

PS- Yall confederates lost the war anyway, so wouldnt that flag really represent "Loser"?

Last edited:
No matter what, when certain people see that flag they think racist, no one will ever change that fact. Its a flag that represented a group of white people who happened to be ok with slavery and segregation. That flag is the best way to say your racist without saying your racist, and thats what people are gonna think.

PS- Yall confederates lost the war anyway, so wouldnt that flag really represent "Loser"?

I see the flag and I think Georgia Dome. Since it is the state flag of the state.

Great work on the dye. I would have liked to have seen a border on the edges of the red, or take the red to the edges of the disc, but still a great, clean, sharp dye.

I painted a guitar case like this -- it's a HUGE case for my Jackson Kelly. I never added the stars, and eventually added the extra cross to sorta look like a union jack. Kinda if the rebel flag and union jack got washed together....

3759129398_85f66d603f_o.jpg

I see the flag and I think Georgia Dome. Since it is the state flag of the state.

No it is not.
Do you not watch South Park? But just as a side point your State flag features a Slave owner front and center where ours is just few stripes and some talk about God, wisdom, and some other stuff !

800px-Flag_of_Georgia_(U.S._state).svg.png

Actually, I think the swastika a bit more effective. :eek:

Did you know long before the Nazis the Swastika was a Hindu/Buddhist symbol for power. I spent some time in Tibet and the were swastikas all over the walls of Buddhist temples.

No it is not.
Do you not watch South Park? But just as a side point your State flag features a Slave owner front and center where ours is just few stripes and some talk about God, wisdom, and some other stuff !

Wisdom? Georgia? Say it ain't so....

That flag does not represent what you have been programmed to believe. It does not represent people who want to bring back slavery or bigotry of any kind. At the heart of the issue was the vast majority of southern people, only a tiny few actually owned slaves and many had already freed them, who just wanted to be left alone to determine their own lives without government interference. They viewed the war of Northern Aggression as any one would and should when someone tries to take or control what is not theirs to take or control.

To me, yes it does. It will always represent that. It may have not been the original intent of those that annexed, but that is what is associated with the confederate flag now. You can have your own belief of what it means, and that's all fine and dandy, but that does not change what a vast majority of people associate the flag with. Out of the last 4(?) pages of this thread, everyone is associating it with slavery and racism but you, hence the hitler picture and swastika references. You can go to my social profile and call me young and try to cut me down like you did to the OP, but I know I've seen my fair share of racism. I won't go into detail but having both KKK members in my hometown, as well as a large "cult" movement of the maharishi, the southern or confederate flag is not one that is flown in friendship.

(Maharishi are a group of people originating in India that perform transcendental meditation often, very democratic in belief, many only eat organic and are vegetarian or veegan, favor gay rights and marriage, etc etc.

To me, yes it does. It will always represent that. It may have not been the original intent of those that annexed, but that is what is associated with the confederate flag now. You can have your own belief of what it means, and that's all fine and dandy, but that does not change what a vast majority of people associate the flag with. Out of the last 4(?) pages of this thread, everyone is associating it with slavery and racism but you, hence the hitler picture and swastika references. You can go to my social profile and call me young and try to cut me down like you did to the OP, but I know I've seen my fair share of racism. I won't go into detail but having both KKK members in my hometown, as well as a large "cult" movement of the maharishi, the southern or confederate flag is not one that is flown in friendship.

(Maharishi are a group of people originating in India that perform transcendental meditation often, very democratic in belief, many only eat organic and are vegetarian or veegan, favor gay rights and marriage, etc etc.

pshhhhhhhh

/northern people

The flag DOES NOT mean racism no matter how you want to look at it.

MississippiFlag.gif

our state flag :)

I salute the flag of Mississippi and the sovereign state for which it stands with pride in her history and achievements and with confidence in her future under the guidance of Almighty God.

Latest posts