• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Story Behind My Distance Gain

SearchingForDistance

Birdie Member
So this story goes back about 10 years to the time I had just started to "play" Discgolf. At that Time I only threw a ordinary Frisbee and it didn't hold up so well.

As a person I have always been very weak and skinny but I have always loved to run and I always took sports very seriously. In the years of 2004-2007 I only threw with a Pro-D Magnet 174g and with that ONE disc I played my home course hundreds of times during those 4 years.

I did find one extra disc (a Z-Surge 168g) that which I found when I threw my disc in the woods and I had to search for some time but luckily I found both the Magnet and the new one which also didn't have a name on it (so I took it). (My magnet broke in half but the Surge stil lives).

2008 I learned that This was a competive sport and I started to compete and I also got some new discs from a ONLINE SHOP >>>http://www.discsport.se.

What I have seen in my hometown Discgolfclub is that only I have changed my form *(to the extent that it is seen clearly). If I look back I have had 10 throwing styles because as I learned new knowledge I had to develop a new form.

2010( I think) I threw a 300 ft throw and I powered it so much that I hurt my back to the point that I couldn't throw past 100 ft for 2 weeks.

After that I was more aware of my body and I started to train more and build up some more core strength and that helped me very much because after that injury I have not once gotten hurt in any way(not counting when I injured my knee with a hedge trimmer, that was just stupid, but not that bad (only 3-4 stitches).

The point I want you to get is that I always changed my form when I felt something didn't work for me:wall:. If I ever felt pain I stopped and took time on YouTube to listen to David Feldberg, (Mark Ellis has very good clinics. Better Watch Those:thmbup:.), Avery Jenkins, Nathan Doss and all other good players out there.

They learned me alot and my form is taking shape and I can almost do whatever I want now days. I can throw putters Accuratly 300 ft easy and midranges around 400ft if I want and that's all I need, but it's to much fun to stop there. To gain even more Distance is the dream:D.

If I make it simple I threw a putter for 4 years until I could throw 250 ft and then I found a Driver and learned how to throw past 300 ft.
Then I hurt myself quite bad(but not that bad) and had to learn it all over again from scratch so I would never hurt myself again(but I did hurt myself with a trimmer:doh:). I then started to compete and learn from playing with new people and I had to drasticly improve my game and putting which now is super to gain the knowledge and skill I have Today.

Great post ty for sharing. Anything specific you did to increase core strength after your back injury?

Great post ty for sharing. Anything specific you did to increase core strength after your back injury?

As I recall, I did a lot of varying situps around 100 every night with rest every 20th and I also did some dumbell chest fly & press with very light weight and very high rep range.
One schedule I named the 400 rep challange 100 situps/100 dumbell presses/100 dumbell flys/100 dumbell curls (somewhere in there I also did Leg raises).

I did a lot of body weight training and combined with very light dumbell workouts.

I didn't start to train until I felt like I could train without making it worse. Meaning I started slow and gradually trained harder.

Now I mostly use supersets to trigger the muscles to grow faster*(become faster). By training all of the upper body muscles at ones I can work on upperbody strength one day and the next day I can work on Legs, But I always work extra on arms because they need to work the most becuase they need more stamina and power.

Latest posts