• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Trusty Go-To

I'm a little worried for my Teebirds right now. Love them and have stacks of DX and a good amount of premium plastic. However, I used to love Gazelles but moved away from them because of a lack of premium plastic options... But the G* sounds so nice I might have to try it and I also got a lead on someone selling off their Gazelle collection for pretty cheap. On top of that, I preordered some HB Veterans.

All in all, I'll probably stick with Teebirds but I am worried I'll crack and stock up on Gazelles and then the battle will be on. And the Veteran could end up being a champ disc that flies close to a fresh/slightly used DX Teebird (based on flight numbers, but that's always a crapshoot), which is the disc I've always wanted. So I guess we'll see...

I have a couple of Go-To discs Wizard, Teebird and Firebird are probably the ones I rarely play without the most.

No disc I'd safe in my bag , but it would have to be an awesome mold to shake any of those 3.

I thought I'd always throw Apes but lately the Giant has been in the bag a whole lot.

I've tried replacing some staples in the bag, but it never works out.

When you've been throwing a mold for years and have tons of backups, why would you switch?

At a certain point I feel it would be detrimental, for most people, to constantly be switching out discs in their bag.

I'd rather throw my old, worn-out, not cool discs and keep some consistency than buy up and try all the new hotness.

Trying new discs is fun. You just have to know when to try what so you don't mess up your game :D. For instance, my Champ Glow Roc3 kicked my Z Buzzz out of my bag as my go-to middie, and I'm not looking back! Made some great shots with this disc and I intend to use it for a while.

However I did just lose my go-to driver, RIP Star Teebird, you will be missed. I did get another Star TB to replace it though, as you can't replace such a disc with anything else! Yay go-tos :)

I'm glad you know your bag. If I were given the discs in your signature and told to use them, I would constantly be second-guessing my decisions. I try to set up my bag such that I only ever have to decide between at most, 3 discs, and that is a very rare occasion. Typically, I know exactly which disc in my bag is suited to a particular hole.

I think this makes perfect sense. If I have to many discs to choose from and am on the tee pad rethinking my disc, it's a bad start and typically not gonna work out well. It's about confidence.

I've swapped out champion Roc3 and McPro Roc3 with the Truth (glow, lucid) and Classic truth. I've also swapped out Teebirds with Rivals, who would ever think a teebird being kicked out of the bag and sold off. But for me it works.

I'm a little worried for my Teebirds right now. Love them and have stacks of DX and a good amount of premium plastic. However, I used to love Gazelles but moved away from them because of a lack of premium plastic options... But the G* sounds so nice I might have to try it and I also got a lead on someone selling off their Gazelle collection for pretty cheap. On top of that, I preordered some HB Veterans.

All in all, I'll probably stick with Teebirds but I am worried I'll crack and stock up on Gazelles and then the battle will be on. And the Veteran could end up being a champ disc that flies close to a fresh/slightly used DX Teebird (based on flight numbers, but that's always a crapshoot), which is the disc I've always wanted. So I guess we'll see...

You do know that there are a few premium plastic options for the Gazelle.
Glo Champ (CFR Program)
Star (Factory Store)
G-Star Gazelle (Factory Store)
Pro Gazelle (Factory Store)
Except for the Glo Champ, all these are available now.
It really is a good time to be a Gazelle guy.

MVP has been sneaking into my bag lately. ATM the main go to I have for all sorts of approaches and drives is the Champ Banshee. On a thumber line I have never thrown anything quite so perfect. But I have def. been eyeing the resistor. Just afraid to try it because I don't want to boot the Banshee out.

It really is a good time to be a Gazelle guy.

You got that right! A few months back, the Factory Store had some DX stamped Champion Gazelles. Really clear JL-like plastic and they're beautiful. Glad I picked up a couple before they disappeared.

Right now I am very confident in my Big Z Buzzz. It just seems to go where I want it to go the only problem is on occasion the disc wont fade in time from the power of the throw and I blow past the basket like 25 feet but that's not the discs fault.