• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ultimate Disc Golf Ace Mix (21 Aces in 3 Min.)

Here are the actual lyrics from "Hey Man, Nice Shot"...

Instead of showing (and debating) the lyrics of some other song, here are the lyrics contained in the video we ARE discussing! I think they apply nicely.

---

That's why I say hey man, nice shot
Good shot man
What a good shot man

A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot

Now that the smoke's gone
And the air is all clear
Those who were right there
Got a new kind of fear
You'd fight and you were right
But they were just too strong
They'd stick it in your face
And let you smell what they consider wrong

Good shot man
What a good shot man

A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot

A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Oh, what a Nice shot man
Nice shot man

---

Almost all of the the lyrics that do NOT apply ("I wish I would have met you") are NOT included in the video. The line "Has gun" could even apply for DGers with a big arm. You know, the old strong-armed QB comment "He's got a cannon for an arm".

BTW, many people will swear this song was written actually about Kurt Cobane of Nirvana. Of course, some people will also try to convince you Courtney Love is actually a Man! :rolleyes:

Ehh, the vid is okay.

I like that song, but dubbing it over the natural sound of a disc hitting the chains from long distance is just sacrilege. Why so many youtube contributors ruin a perfectly good video with dubbed music is beyond me.

Instead of showing (and debating) the lyrics of some other song, here are the lyrics contained in the video we ARE discussing! I think they apply nicely.

---

Good shot man
What a good shot man

A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot

Now that the smoke's gone
And the air is all clear
Those who were right there
Got a new kind of fear
You'd fight and you were right
But they were just too strong
They'd stick it in your face
And let you smell what they consider wrong

Good shot man
What a good shot man

A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot

A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Oh, what a Nice shot man
Nice shot man

---

Almost all of the the lyrics that do NOT apply ("I wish I would have met you") are NOT included in the video. The line "Has gun" could even apply for DGers with a big arm. You know, the old strong-armed QB comment "He's got a cannon for an arm".

And how exactly do the lines above I've bolded fit disc golf? Again, knowing the background of the song, it's just hard for me to imagine this fitting anything but it's intended subject. But like I said before, for those who are ignorant of the meaning of the song, ignorance is bliss.

No big deal dude. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't know the meaning of the song Afternoon Delight until just a few years ago. :wall::)

BTW, many people will swear this song was written actually about Kurt Cobane of Nirvana. Of course, some people will also try to convince you Courtney Love is actually a Man! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I've heard that from many a Kurt Cobain death conspiracy theorists. Those same people that believed the world revolved around Kurt Cobain. Pfft. Whatever.

So, let's clear that up right now. http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Hey_Man,_Nice_Shot

This compilation is some dude that took a whole bunch of people's Ace Video's and compiled them in to his own. I wonder if he asked them first.

No. Despite crediting himself as editor and producer, he forgot to mention where he got his material. Pirate day is everyday for some folks, I guess.

Ehh, the vid is okay.

I like that song, but dubbing it over the natural sound of a disc hitting the chains from long distance is just sacrilege. Why so many youtube contributors ruin a perfectly good video with dubbed music is beyond me.

QFT.

i wish there was an option in you tube to remove the retarded music people lay over the videos and just hear the ambient sounds.

I like how the last ace of the video the camera man just goes nuts! good way to end it. It got me pumped up!

As to the video, there's some fun footage in there. Many of them are obviously cubby aces and others aren't aces as at all. It's fun to watch nontheless.

All of these sure like aces to me. The only one that looks questionable is the one from the boat, since you can see discs from other attempts on the ground.

I'm not quite sure what your definition of a Cubby ace is. Can anybody clarify that?

I understand if it doesn't come within the confines of a regular round of DG. I think some criticism of Cubby's aces comes from pure jealousy. The guy usually has the #1 bag tag in his local DG club. He'd have to have a lousy round to be beat and not many players can throw both left and right handed as well as him.

I'm not quite sure what your definition of a Cubby ace is. Can anybody clarify that?
A cubby ace is where you empty your bag from the tee making ace runs. The shot is legitimately good, but the repetition kinda dims the glory. It would be crazy to try and film as many as Cubby does without emptying the bag, though.

Thank you for clarifying that....

I would think this video would be very tough to top.

If you passed on watching this before, you might want to take the time to look!

1:43 was from Hudson Mills Metro Park in Dexter, MI, and pirated from Disc Golf Live Video Magazine Episode #32.

I wanted to mention in this thread that I finally got my first Ace! :D

If somebody has never seen this video, they may find it inspirational for getting their first Ace as well.

Latest posts