• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Undertaker??

I need to get out and throw some more... I have one that has way too much turn to be mentioned in the same sentence with either the Force or the Predator. Don't get me wrong: it's a nice disc! But it doesn't have any beef.

The one I threw was a big stamp Ti I think? Not much, if any high speed turn, but a mild fade. Maybe I just threw a freak that loved going laser straight.

Been reading through this thread and you guys convinced me. DGC still had their 15% off last night and I ordered two.

where is the 1.9 taken from? the lowest part of the wing or where it joins the dome?
In other words, does the rim width start at 1.9 or end at 1.9?
(4) Rim Thickness - This attribute is recorded using a Vernier caliper. The rim thickness is defined as the distance between the outermost and innermost edges of the rim.And thanks for the calipers BTW, you are my new hero!
LOL

Good question. From the technical standards doc:

"(4) Rim Thickness - This attribute is recorded using a Vernier caliper. The rim thickness is defined as the distance between the outermost and innermost edges of the rim."

My methodology was off. I measured from the intersection of the inner rim and flight plate. The inner rim slant would give a larger reading to my measurement, than one taken correctly. So the true Undertaker rim width would be less than the 1.88 I was getting, bringing it closer to the 1.83 I was getting for the Tracker.

The Tracker was also measured with incorrect methodology but negligible rim slant results in negligible skew based on difference between base and edge of inner rim so my measurement of the Tracker at 1.83 probably holds.

What's the verdict Silly? How are they flying for you?

I have a heavy one and a lighter one (172, 166) and I like the lighter one better so far. When it hasn't rained, it has snowed so I've only thrown them on two separate occasions. They are similar to my 05' Trackers which are more like TL's than anything but this thing has a harsher, earlier in flight fade to them for me as well as a bit of turn. Faster than my Trackers too. The lighter one goes farther than my Trackers by 5-10 feet but the heavier one is about equal. That makes me think that when they break in they will be a really nice stable fairway that glides well. Jury is still out on whether these will make the permanent bag but they are solid discs for sure.

So is a Z more OS than a Big Z in these?
I threw the big z a few times the other day and was getting a hard late turn in a slight headwind. Was hoping it would be more HSS than that.
I have a lightweight z im gonna try as well as a pipeline on the way.
Was messing with a mantis as my fairway driver but they are just too US for me to be consistent with.
Should I pair my big Z with a glo undertaker?

So I really like the flight of Avengers.
The Z Undertaker I've been throwing is very similar but shorter.
The one thing that will make me pick the Undertaker (instead of the Avenger) every time is the rim configuration. The sharper lip on the Avenger hurts my hand but the Undertaker is butter. I'd gladly give up a few feet for more comfort.
I like the Undertaker and I'm pitting it against the Thunderbirds for a slot in the bag. If Avengers were more comfortable then that slot would be cemented already :(

Avengers are fast for a "speed 9" driver, very sharp wing. It's why I like them for OS driving duty, including and especially into a headwind.

I'm having a battle between the Undertaker and Pipeline right now.
The glow z ledgestone Undertakers are beefy. Basically overlaps with my esp pred.
If the pipeline is what I think it's going to be in SP plastic, I'm leaning toward those. My preds can handle OS duties.

yeah the ledgestone stuff is nice looking. It is taking just about all my self control to not order two of the glow ledgestones for backups.

With the insane warm weather we are having in Jan. in the midwest got some more throws with the z glow ledges.

Lucky enough to get a long lunch brake today I hit the local field and emptied the bag (man been a long time).

Brought along the undertakers. I really tried tourquing these over. The held the line. Not the distance of the big Z but they handle extra snap.

These two are consistent and fly the same. So I can accurately review this run.

Exactly what I was hoping for. When does that happen?

Great mold. Makes me realize that discraft despite its ups and downs can make a disc as good or better than anyone on the planet!

Yeah the ledgestone glows are nice. They start out pretty beefy and should beat into straight flyers with good fade at the end.
The Big Z I have got a little squirlly in a light headwind. These ledgestones won't have that issue.
I have a glow in the bag with 2 pipelines. Just waiting to get a max weight SP pipeline to see how it compares to the glow.
Either way I will be either carrying undertaker's or pipelines . Both are great disc so far

So is it safe to assume stability goes in order of most stable to least:

Glo
Z
Big Z

Or am I completely off? I just got a Z and thought it was a tick less stable than I wanted. Looking to replace my Players Cup Trackers as I am down to my last one :(

Althouh, ill say ive never one thrown a z anything and found it to be any kind of understable. Recently ive found myself just dodging z all together. Ive got a couple banged in to where theyre nice and comfortable (heat,undertaker,hornet) but in the begining they were pretty stubborn.

So is it safe to assume stability goes in order of most stable to least:

Glo
Z
Big Z

Or am I completely off? I just got a Z and thought it was a tick less stable than I wanted. Looking to replace my Players Cup Trackers as I am down to my last one :(

I bought some max weight Z trackers a while back and thought they were glideless bricks. I instantly thought of the Z trackers when I threw the Ledgestone Undertaker, although, it had more glide when brand new. (Max weight)
If you pick one up you won't be disappointed unless u are throwing with lots of OAT (that will make alot of discs seem understable) or buy the disc in much lighter weights.

I don't think you're off. My Z surprised me with the amount of turn. Wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it's in the bag for sure. Based on what I'm reading here, you might wanna give the Glo a try. And I'd imagine there's some variation in the Zs out there.

I have one of those glideless brick Trackers in the bag for that, a PC Tracker as my main fairway, and a glo Tracker for understable shots.

Me thinks a heavy glo, a higher PL regular Z, and a light(164ish) big Z undertaker set up might be the way to go.

I liked the flight of my Z in that it flipped up, tracked right for a little and had a slow fade. In all reality it's probably fine for what I'm looking for. It I think I want to find one that's a bit more stable. Off to DGC to order a glo Undertaker!

For what's its worth if the glo ledgestones aren't the most stable than you inadverntly enter into a disc change.

The ledgestones are as the tourney suggests for the pros.

Latest posts