• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Worst Disc Golf Advertising Campaign Ever!!!

SpringDgLover

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
So I'm sitting on my toilet reading my newest issue of DiscGolfer and after about the fifteenth time reading it an add finally catches my eye. At first I think it is an add for a daycare or maybe a summer camp. But no it is actually an add for a new disc manufacturer called ABC Discs. Now if anyone has seen this add then you know what Im talking about, it has a bunch of kids holding crudely made lettering and cheap looking discs with letters written on them in Sharpie spelling out... you guessed it ABC Discs. Now I may be coming off like an add snob but I really dont think this is the best way of advertising campaign for a new disc company. Hell is it really that hard to come up with a decent logo and some cool slogan like "ABC Discs... We make Innova and Discraft our Bitches". No instead I get this kiddy add that I truly didn't even notice till I was on the tail end of a monster crap. I of course went and checked out their website to see there discs and was even more let down to see that it is one page with a space where you can enter your email address so they can send you information on their discs. Discs mind you that should be releasing this month.

What's the website? The only thing I could find searching was "Alliance for Building Communities Disc Golf Family Outing".

I am **assuming** that they will be marketing slow, straight discs made for beginners.

Looks like its aimed at getting families into disc golf. If that is so, I would rather see this add in a family magazine or a women's magazine.

So I'm sitting on my toilet reading my newest issue of DiscGolfer and after about the fifteenth time reading it an add finally catches my eye. At first I think it is an add for a daycare or maybe a summer camp. But no it is actually an add for a new disc manufacturer called ABC Discs. Now if anyone has seen this add then you know what Im talking about, it has a bunch of kids holding crudely made lettering and cheap looking discs with letters written on them in Sharpie spelling out... you guessed it ABC Discs. Now I may be coming off like an add snob but I really dont think this is the best way of advertising campaign for a new disc company. Hell is it really that hard to come up with a decent logo and some cool slogan like "ABC Discs... We make Innova and Discraft our Bitches". No instead I get this kiddy add that I truly didn't even notice till I was on the tail end of a monster crap. I of course went and checked out their website to see there discs and was even more let down to see that it is one page with a space where you can enter your email address so they can send you information on their discs. Discs mind you that should be releasing this month.

Did we really need to know what you were doing when you found this?;)

Honestly I know I was complaining about their advertising campaign, but if they make great discs. They could have old ladies in bikinis modeling the discs and Id still buy them.