• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The worst shots you have ever thrown thread

In the Wintertime Open tournament in '92 or 3 at Sylmar in the pouring rain. Uphill hole that I usually reach. 150 class tourney then. Threw a Cyclone flat, lands on the hard pan up the fairway and floats about 100 feet below and behind me until it finally stops!

Ive hit so many cars I've lost count. I play Mt Airy a lot and it kind of goes with the territory there. Worst one was a total pull hook of a FH, from the fairway of no13, into the passenger side window of a nice Mustang parked in the lot. The overmold on my motion left a 6in black smear on the window. I'm am still dumbfounded that it didn't break.

Last edited:
1998 or so Michigan MDGO state finals in Ludington - I missed like a 5' putt on the first hole of the tournament. An inch too low. ARGH, I can still see it happening.

tried to throw a forehand roller out of the rough.hit the 4 inch tree 5 feet in front of me, dead center perfectly. bounces straight back in the air right to me. i caught it with the ninja clap. threw it right back into that same tree but glanced of the flight plate. winning.

On valley view hole 4 I threw my nova into a tree, it hits another tree and bounced 10 feet back, But on the bright side I found a discraft xpress sitting next to my nova.

They say laughter is the best therapy. This thread is providing some mighty good therapy. :clap: It also doesn't hurt to see that I'm not the only klutzy or unlucky disc golfer on the planet. :thmbup:

In a tournament a couple weeks ago, it was windy so parking a drive was hard to come by. I threw a nice downhill shot with an ENVY played the fade perfectly and it landed 10 ft straight in front of the pin.

I was all excited and talkative on the walk down (expecting to finally get a nice 2 on the card) and I totally BIFF'D the putt high....it hurt so bad....the card made the 'ewwwff' noise. I think a part of my soul died in that moment. haha.
sucked

I grip locked rhfh at brp the stupid 90 degree hole, and threw it behind me. Completely sober too.

hahaha. Oh that happens, my buddies and I one of the last times go through and we all had a solid shot then my friend got up (jokingly a card-mate says "Ok pressure's on!")
He LHBH hyzers but it hit the Mando-tree and bounced back behind the teepad and the OB line, so he was throwing 3 from behind the teepad. We all had a good laugh, but it was rough

Played Homie's at Lemon Lake 2014, Final Round, Old hole 6 on the white course, short <200' technical hole with the fairway sloping down to the left to a lazy creek. I throw my shot and it hyzers into the creek out of sight from the tee, there wasnt much water in it at the time so I figured I would be able to get it. The spotter points to where he says he saw it land. 3 Min pass and no one finds it so I got a lost disc ... screwed up my re-tee and then had a roll away putt, end up taking a 6 on this short "duce" hole... as they say, you can't win it on 1 hole, but you sure can lose it !

So not me, but my friend.
Haha it was brutal and I felt bad for him. But here goes:

We are on the same card 2nd round of a C-Teir Tournament just a couple weeks ago. Albert Lea MN - Oak Island course hole #12 (I believe)

This hole is about 300ft slight downhill (from the tee) With a Tree arching over the Teepad, Tree/bush in the middle with ALL WATER on the R side and full brush on the L side. The shot to go for really is a RHBH over the water onto a small peninsula

It was windy this day so already sketchy and he is Left handed so had to throw a Forehand...didn't trust trying to anny over the water in the wind

Shot 1: Low safe shot away from water but hits the bushy tree
Shot 2: From position had to throw around the bush and over the water. He tossed a LHBH anhyzer around but cut it too tight to the tree and it kicked off the branches out into the water
Shot 3: After OB it was his 4th throw, had to throw from under the branches, does the same thing and kicks out into the water only about 10 ft forward
Shot 4: After 2nd OB it's his 6th throw. Now he has a bit more open shot and plays a pa3 upshot and parks it
Shot 5: a Sad tap in for 7. I was hurtin' as well, he's my buddy and I hate to see that.

I on the other hand played the flat shot hyzer over the water. The disc hit grass by the basket but fell back into the water, I putt up but hit the cage so tapped in for a circle 4. It was still annoying but, hey, not a 7!

I finally did it.

Oakwood park, hole 3. Going for the big hyzer over the trees. Griplocked it off the tee so bad that i threw it down and behind myself, right into the ****ty little pond. I didn't let go until late in my follow-through.

Nearly died of embarrassment.

Amigo Park in Cleburne #4. There was a ridiculous wind blowing in my face. I threw it really high on accident. Once it lost its momentum the wind took it backwards and it ended up 100' behind the tee.

It takes some thinking... I mean I know I have thrown tons of terrible shots over the years, gridlocks witnessed and unwitnessed of grotesque nature. But those don't get remembered. So what shot of consequence was really bad.... I had a pair of drives both go into a pond trying to be perfect last year with the lead... but that just turned a ten stroke lead into a six stroke lead. I had three consecutive OB when playing hot at BG Ams. But that was way back in Intermediate.

Well you know what, there is always one big shot that comes to mind from my biggest loss ever. In 2008 I took 3rd at the USADGC. Whenever I think back to that event I think back to late in the 1st round. I knew that I could come in 4 3 and score a 58 and maybe a share of the lead. I decided to go for the green on 17 and over ripped my drive into a giant thorn bush mass that hasn't existed since about 2010. I came in 5 3 to score a 59. Good enough for a share of the lead with two others.

Afterward I always looked back at that awful decision, I would have had the lead alone anyway... And then to just miss out on a playoff that went something like 6 holes of pars? I really feel like that early shot in the tournament, that bad decision, was the difference between my being an Am Nationals champion and not. That's how it is though, right? You win championships by not making mental errors.

Driving to the course today I was eating an apple. When I finished I rolled down the passenger side window to backhand the core out into the bushes. I grip locked it and smashed the apple core into the door jam leaving a big apple splatter and spraying apple juice all over the cab of the truck and the apple core then ricocheted onto the seat leaving a slug trail down the back over the seat and landing on the floor boards. ugh... luckily my throws were a bit better once I was using a PDGA approved disc.

Wildcat Trace in Poplarville MS about a month ago, #13. Big lake on the right from tee to past basket, which sits on a large peninsula protruding into the lake.
I'd been using a Champ Coyote to good effect as a long, straight mid-range/approach up to 300'. I let it rip and it flies beautifully, just as I expect. The glide goes on and on, till it finally fades right (LHBH) towards the basket and drops----10 feet from the peninsula shore into the lake. I look at the tee sign.

"350 feet". Oh.
Well, f___ m_.

Last edited:
I was at valley view today, hole 1 i threw my starfire forehand and it came out wrong, went straight for hole 2's tee area, I scream fore and the guy doesnt hear me, it drills his dog hard. Luckily the dog wasnt hurt badly, I ended up throwing a +5 on that course.

I try not to recall any single shot that's epically bad. However, there have been a few holes I'll remember for a long time ...

There was a hole that you had to land in the fairway or re-tee. The fairway got progressively narrower toward the pin. My first shot went OB by inches. My last shot . . . was with the last disc in my bag. I'm pretty sure it was illegal for me to grab one of my prior OB discs, also.

The other hole was on Akita's Run (hole 16 last time I played). You tee off at the top of the hill you just threw up, but along the side of the hill, not up or down it. My first disc hit an early tree and ended up halfway to the previous basket. I had an easy line back to the pad, so I went to play it. There was a pretty decent roller line, so I went for the hero route. After that, it was pretty hard to take an optional rethrow on any of my ensuing 15+ strokes.

So yeah ... PMB has played entire rounds in fewer strokes than I threw on 2 holes.