• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

These Travel Tags are Fun

Just got travel tag #56 today. My buddy is coming up tonight to plan a weekend trip (july 9th-12). We are looking at a couple different places. Michigan is a possibility and if he can get another day or two off we may venture out as far as Colorado. Wherever we decide to go I will be looking to swap tags along the way.

Just got my tag in the mail. klay and/or McMarkD I think we need to play a tag round soon. hit me up whenever you are going to be in Denver and have some time

Just got #55.
Very cool. Already on the bag.
Thanks.

hey roadtripstuff let me know if you come up to michigan i got tag #7 which i think so far has traveled the farthest and as long as your gonna be in the metro detroit area or close to that ill be down to play that weekend

I will be traveling to Springfield during the first weekend of July. I plan to check out a course in Montana and perhaps WY. So, if anyone wants to switch your travel tags with me, I would love to do so... My travel tag is #24...

I will be heading to Springfield also!! Mine is #10 and its in need of swapping!!

I will be traveling from Rochester, NY directly to Springfield next Tuesday. I doubt that I will able to stop by any of the courses along the way.

Any tag holders living around Springfield, IL?? If so, let's meet up and swap!

So got my travel tag a few days ago, slapped it on the bag the other day, went out golfing yesterday and it fell off somewhere. I had that sucker tied on tight too, I sure hope that the personalized tags have a better fastening device than these things.

Guess we'll see if that travel tag ever shows back up somewhere. It was #56.

hey roadtripstuff let me know if you come up to michigan i got tag #7 which i think so far has traveled the farthest and as long as your gonna be in the metro detroit area or close to that ill be down to play that weekend

Unfortunately my travel tag is no more. :(

So got my travel tag a few days ago, slapped it on the bag the other day, went out golfing yesterday and it fell off somewhere. I had that sucker tied on tight too, I sure hope that the personalized tags have a better fastening device than these things.

Guess we'll see if that travel tag ever shows back up somewhere. It was #56.
How could it fall off unless you actually broken the rubber attachment somehow (which would take a lot of force). I'd recommend getting a small carabiner for the personal tag if you want to make sure it's super secure. I haven't had any problems with the chain that I send out (my tag has never fallen off in 4+ months) but the carabiner would be more secure. I just can't afford to send one out with each tag.

How could it fall off unless you actually broken the rubber attachment somehow (which would take a lot of force). I'd recommend getting a small carabiner for the personal tag if you want to make sure it's super secure. I haven't had any problems with the chain that I send out (my tag has never fallen off in 4+ months) but the carabiner would be more secure. I just can't afford to send one out with each tag.

I lost my DGCR tags a few weeks ago from the chain. It just somehow came open. Luckily it had only been a couple of holes and I found them. I just wanted to add that those chains are not the end all. I went back and added a key ring and a carabiner for good measure.

Yeah Maybe I caught it on something and it snapped, but I think I would have noticed. Its no biggie. I will order another this week when I get paid and hopefully tie it a little tighter and pay more attention. I didn't even notice it was missing until this morning. I went back up to hoover and played and looked around, but they had been cleaning up for the tourney and what not, if someone did come across it, they probably just thought it was trash and threw it away. I have one more hope. I played at griggs yesterday too, and was up in the trees looking around for my plastic, it might have fallen off back there. I'm going to head down there in the morning and get a round in and take a look. I'm just hoping if someone does find it they know what it is and put it to use, like I said I'll just grab another, and be a little more careful this time.

Yeah Maybe I caught it on something and it snapped, but I think I would have noticed. Its no biggie. I will order another this week when I get paid and hopefully tie it a little tighter and pay more attention. I didn't even notice it was missing until this morning. I went back up to hoover and played and looked around, but they had been cleaning up for the tourney and what not, if someone did come across it, they probably just thought it was trash and threw it away. I have one more hope. I played at griggs yesterday too, and was up in the trees looking around for my plastic, it might have fallen off back there. I'm going to head down there in the morning and get a round in and take a look. I'm just hoping if someone does find it they know what it is and put it to use, like I said I'll just grab another, and be a little more careful this time.
When you say you tied it on.. how did you do that? You can't really tie it that I know of. You loop it around the tag and then you unhook your bag strap and put the strap through the big loop. Super secure and it would be pretty difficult to break.

I put it through the hole, looped it through itself and then put it on the strap, but it was hanging a little loose, so I just wrapped it around itself and tied a knot. the funny thing is that I tied it tighter because I didn't want it to get caught on something.

I'm sure it was more my fault than anything, I'm pretty hard on my stuff. Next time I will just pay more attention.

Finally swapped a tag today with Donavan great fun!

Sweet that tag came from Wyoming and went all the way down to Oklahoma where it met my main man Donavan!

Didn't you think that Donavan was like 2x more hilarous in person?

We played 3 rounds again today and it was a blast. Yea, Donovan is fun to play with. We ragged each other all day.

Thanks to all the guys I played with out in Texas ie Donavan, Chris, Zack and Tyler. Too bad all of you guys didn't have tags.

Latest posts