• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This game just gets better

TAFL

Eagle Member
Yesterday morning, I was visiting my hometown and got in a round of disc--and it was essentially perfect. That wasn't because I scored extremely well or had any spectacular shots or any of that. Indeed, it had rained all night, the course was wet, the air was heavy with moisture, only the slightest of breezes--the discs weren't flying and gliding well.

There were only two of us on the course and the rest of the park was deserted. My companion for the round was my brother. He got me started playing this silly game thirty years ago. He was the first person I ever threw a round with. The course has changed a good deal over the decades, with holes added and changed around, yet it still very much feels like it did way back when, when this game was new and exciting for us.

I've no idea how well or poorly we played in terms of score actually, though I suspect some missed putts put us over par. We were just throwing discs--had new plastic to play with and compare with other new plastic or old plastic. Hit trees, missed trees...all of the minor bits of woe and weal to be experienced in a round. It was only a fair show of skill, I wager, if anybody were to be watching.

And I think it's the absolute best round of disc I've had since I began playing. Me and my brother--two old guys enjoying a round on that old course.

Cool story, noob!:p:thmbup:

I don't know of a more serene sport to have picked. The flight of the disc still leaves me in awe every single time.

There were times out today, fall colors blazing around us, the smell of overripe apple near some lies. Sun blasting that late fall amber, the wind driving gold, rust and red new leaf deadfall in vertical patterns. Had a couple frosty, malt laden nectar thirst quenchers, with a great disc golf buddy of a couple decades. Agree, sometimes as you amble about a public park flinging some plastic, it just seem like you have IT all figured out. Good post, and good for you guys.

Can add some joy to the end of the non-snow season. Just enjoying the beauty of the flying disc

I got to play a round at The Cove in Ashland, OR Friday. It was tone poles and unmarked, but you all should see this place! I stumbled around a bit trying to find the first holes and was about to give up since there's no map anywhere to be found. I did find #5 thru sheer luck which was a tasty 450' downhill, and I could see a trio driving on #6, so I had someone to follow. They saw the 360 turnaround park job I planted under the basket and waived me thru, but I asked to play along instead. We had a great time out there playing one of the best unknown courses on this planet They guided me around and with four sets of eyes I could get aggressive on some drives. I was able to drop some knowledge on the guys, as they were fairly new to the game. Everyone got a good lick in, but I felt that a wild-goose chase ended up giving me a golden egg!

Latest posts