• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This really grinded my gears

bummer about the lost disc, but my question is:

did you take the lost disc penalty, or were the rest of your group gracious enough to offer you an approximate lie w/ no penalty based on the presumed interference? ;)

I was headed up to a local course Hudson Springs after work one day this summer and was stretching out a bit before teeing off on one. 9's basket, 1's tee, and 18's basket are all close enough to be with sight. The guy teeing off on 9 shanks his drive towards the parking lot by 1's tee. A kid, probably 14ish, coming off of 18 grabs the disc and hops on his bike to take off.
I yelled "hey" at him and he turned around and said "what, its not your disc"
what a tool! i F'ing hate little ****s like this.
I said well its not your either, stop being a little douche. he dropped the disc and took off.
I don't trust anyone on any course. Its a shame, but I know that most kids anymore are just shadey.

happened at my local course about a week ago. We were playing on hole 8 on the left hand side of the road heading into the park while another group was 3 holes back on the other side of the road throwing in the direction that leads out of the park.. One of their discs hyzered hard and landed near the edge of the road but obviously in view about 300 ft from him. A car leaving the park stopped abruptly, leaned out the door and grabbed the disc and screeched away. the guy was like "hey stop that car, they took my disc!" so our group of four stood in the middle of the road and got the disc back :) F*kers!

-G

I did the same thing at Roscoe Ewing hole 1. Thing is, hole 4 is a blind shot and if overthrown it goes into the fairway of 1 and thats what someone did, same color of disc as mine. Turns out it was about 15' short of where my drive went.

I did figure it out after I made my approach shot and walked toward the basket only to almost step on my disc. I then turned around and saw a guy looking for it. I was like "My bad man. It was laying right about here."

Felt like such an ass.

same thing happened to a buddy of mine while we were out. he didn't put it in his bag, but was taking his second throw from the hole 4 person's disc lol. he picked it up after his up shot and realized it wasn't his disc. :doh:

same thing happened to a buddy of mine while we were out. he didn't put it in his bag, but was taking his second throw from the hole 4 person's disc lol. he picked it up after his up shot and realized it wasn't his disc. :doh:

heh. I know now I grow impatient when I tee of on 4 and dont like to go first because you never know whos down there. Used to not be a problem when I didnt really have the arm to get it that far.

happened at my local course about a week ago. We were playing on hole 8 on the left hand side of the road heading into the park while another group was 3 holes back on the other side of the road throwing in the direction that leads out of the park.. One of their discs hyzered hard and landed near the edge of the road but obviously in view about 300 ft from him. A car leaving the park stopped abruptly, leaned out the door and grabbed the disc and screeched away. the guy was like "hey stop that car, they took my disc!" so our group of four stood in the middle of the road and got the disc back :) F*kers!

-G

:thmbup: nice job!

One time I missed an easy putt I knew I could make at hole #3 at my local course. Knowing I could make it, I picked up my marker disc (a gift with a whole lot of sentimental value) and threw it in the basket. After helping someone find a lost disc, I forgot it in the basket and realized at the next hole. The people who were playing behind me at the time (now moved ahead) I had known since 4th grade so I waited at where the course looped around after 3 holes for them. They told me that they asked a black guy playing alone if he had lost a disc which he immediately said yes.

Chased him down from hole 6 to hole 16. When I finally had him cornered on the bridge with another person on the other side, he lit up a Swisher and started having a conversation on the phone... 5 minutes later he attempted to quiz me on the disc before blaming it on other "gentlemen" who "be trying to steal it." Except with more profanity :|

I was headed up to a local course Hudson Springs after work one day this summer and was stretching out a bit before teeing off on one. 9's basket, 1's tee, and 18's basket are all close enough to be with sight. The guy teeing off on 9 shanks his drive towards the parking lot by 1's tee. A kid, probably 14ish, coming off of 18 grabs the disc and hops on his bike to take off.
I yelled "hey" at him and he turned around and said "what, its not your disc"
what a tool! i F'ing hate little ****s like this.
I said well its not your either, stop being a little douche. he dropped the disc and took off.
I don't trust anyone on any course. Its a shame, but I know that most kids anymore are just shadey.

I'm not shadey :(

The only story I have was at Northside, walking to hole 10. There are so many fairways intersecting, and there was a Star Orc just laying there. I picked it up, saw a name and #, and decided it was somebody's drive and left it there. Later when we walked by again it was gone.

bummer about the lost disc, but my question is:

did you take the lost disc penalty, or were the rest of your group gracious enough to offer you an approximate lie w/ no penalty based on the presumed interference? ;)

I'm sure they would have given me a decent lie but we were playing doubles and had to take my partner's drive. Ended up getting par on the hole.

If I see a disc on a fairway I look around and check if I can see or hear anyone on any adjacent hole. If not I'll check the name and call it out. If no luck I'll try to call the number. If no answer I'll take it to the park's lost and found.

I was playing a wide open course one day and shanked a drive a bit left up a hill. As I crested the hill, a guy, holding my disc, asks "is this yours??" When I agreed it was mine, he took of like a bat out hell running with it. All I could do was stand there in shock! (good thing it was a crappy dx valkyrie.. :) )

-G

I don't understand this, its as if they have found a $100 bill or a diamond ring or something. Can't believe they act this way for a disc.

My lost disc/assumed theivery story:

Hole 17 at Flip City. Blind hole up over a hill to a basket on a downhill slope that leads toward the "parking lot"/hole 1 area. Its me and a friend playing, we throw and proceed to look for our discs for 30mins+ and we never found either one of our discs.

There was a group of young looking folks ahead of us that would have been finishing up/leaving at the time and discs have been known to roll all the way down to where they were. They weren't around to ask, so we put 2 and 2 together. Bill(course owner) helped us look for a bit and he was actually the first to suggest they took off with our discs.

Phone numbers on 'em too :mad:

^ Who steals discs at Flip? That's like stealing holy water from the vatican.

There was a guy down here in Lansing that wore a ghillie suit and steal discs. No joke.

how about driving a hour out of your way on a one day 2 state 4 course trip to tee off on the first hole and see no other person on the course, then having to walk off after 3 holes?

My buddy and i were taking a trip from Raleigh, Nc to western Virginia (blacksburg,christiansburg final stop). We played Sontaq first, I think that's it in Rocky Mount, then we headed to falling creek in bedford. We teed off on one then walk down to make our approaches when over the hill to our left comes at least 70 people. All with one disc each. Apparently it was some kind of corporate "team building" crap cause not one of them knew how to throw. We tried to play through, but there were 3 groups on each hole. The whole course with odd's that refused to let us play through. One guy said "We better play fast, the professionals are here." hand on head

I have never been so angry on a disc golf course. I had to vent that.

heh. I know now I grow impatient when I tee of on 4 and dont like to go first because you never know whos down there. Used to not be a problem when I didnt really have the arm to get it that far.

I love that hole though. there's something about it that is just great, and the fact that its from the original layout that steady Ed designed doesn't hurt.

we just started using the last thrower as a spotter for the group to avoid any issues.