• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This really grinded my gears

weeman

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Yesterday, I was in a big group playing doubles at Kereiakis. On hole 9, I'm the first to throw and land about 40 feet left of the basket and about equal distance to 18's fairway. Meanwhile, there's a group progressing up 18 that knows we're on number 9. The rest of the group throws and we make our way up the fairway to our shots. I go looking for my shot in the middle of a field with no trees around and its no where to be found. Every person in our group searches the area high and low and its still no where to be seen. Then someone suggests that the guys on 18 just picked it up and walked off with it. As soon as I hear that I turn towards the parking lot and they're both driving off giving me no chance to go ask them. I didn't see anyone pick it up but I was paying more attention to everyone else's throws in my group. Aside from six people being blind as a bat at not finding a disc in an open field the only other way, I can think of, that the disc could have disappeared was one of the guys on 18 picking it up. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Man that sucks.

Acorn Park, Roseville, MN. Back when I only owned 3 discs (hate to lose one), shanked a drive on hole 17 with a shark into 18's Fairway. I took a mulligan and finished hole 17 planning on picking up my Shark on my way back on 18. The only pair ahead of us was a Father and Son on a crowded course. They pair looks at my disc, I shout and say "hey" waving, they wave back - I assume we have just communicated "Hey, that's mine" but apparently not... I got up there and nothing. Didn't see them again, the only other possibility was this dude that had previously dove face first into a wood chipper that was wandering around the course, he was in the parking lot with 6 (yeah, I counted them), 6 squad cars.

that is super bogus... I had a similar thing happen to me. I was playing a solo round and had a terrible drive on one hole and my beloved champion boss went into the creek. So, I decided to throw another "safe" drive with a brand new leopard...perfect shot right in the middle of the fairway. I then went into the creek for my boss. I got it, but when I went to get the leopard it was gone. I looked for about 20 mins. in an open field before I gave up. I told some friends about this and they said that it is not uncommon for someone to steal a disc at this course. totally ruined my day.

I was playing a wide open course one day and shanked a drive a bit left up a hill. As I crested the hill, a guy, holding my disc, asks "is this yours??" When I agreed it was mine, he took of like a bat out hell running with it. All I could do was stand there in shock! (good thing it was a crappy dx valkyrie.. :) )

this did happen to someone in my group while playing a casual round. #18 at our home course is up a hill and then around a sharp right turn another 50 feet. he threw his boss up the hill and there was a group of teenagers that had just finished before us. on our way walking up the hill we heard their tires screeching away and the star boss was never seen again. they most likely saw it fly up there, grabbed it, and cheesed a quick getaway.

too many *******s on the course.

A friend and I were playing blended woods, a small pitch and putt here in Columbus. She was rather new and we were throwing from hole 5, and the disc found its way into the rough behind hole 2. We walk over, start looking around, and I see a dude walking out of the woods, one of his hands behind his back.

I couldn't believe it, and not so politely asked wtf he had behind his back. Long story short, after an exchange of a few words, and an ugly confrontation the DB was "talked" into giving it back. What kind of douche tries to steal a disc from two girls? Oh wait, the same kind that gets his ass kicked by one of those girls, lol.

Man, if somebody ever bolted away from me with one of my discs, I'd attempt to chase them down and beat the holy living **** out of them. :mad:

I wouldn't even be able to help it, I'd just snap.

There was a suspicious guy walking around the course one day while we were playing and he started walking towards my drive. I was ready to put my high school track experience to the test in the real world. luckily it didn't come down to it.

Apart from throwing one in the water or losing one in never ending forests, I have never been so disrespected as some of the people who have posted previously. Its hard to say how I would handle actually seeing somebody pick up my disc and try to take off with it, they better be lucky to have a head start. Sorry for everybody who has been wronged in such a way. There is no room for that and its a great way to stay in shape.

Some fat girl picked up my holiday spectra from the middle of cass benton's hole 3, while I was helping someone get their disc from a tree:(

i've mistakenly picked up a disc that was in play on my way to the next hole. the guy caught up to me a few holes later and told me what the deal was. i felt like an ass

I am a fan of Kereiakis.
I am not a fan of the crowd it attracts.

Sorry for your loss.

Edit: I can't spell a local park's name.

Last edited:
I have always wanted to get a squirrel costume and wait for someone to throw and then grab it and run.

It chaps my banana when people pick up discs that are laying in the middle of the fairway, especially when there a lot of people out playing, happens at my course all the time.

I was recently doing some field work with my new GL Flow. I was on a soccer field (not in use at that time) that runs parallel to the 18th hole at my home course. There is plenty of room for driving practice there without interfering with #18 (the box is about 200' to my right. During my run up I slipped on wet grass and shanked the disc bad to the right. I only took my eyes off it for a second but I saw it roll towards the box of 18. Theres a little hill there, wnough for my disc to disappear. When I got up I ran over there, apologized and looked everywhere but it disappeared. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and just asked which direction it went. They pointed to the right and I went looking. They played the hole quickly and left. After 2 HRS of looking I determined they saw where it went, told me another direction and picked it up on their way down the fairway. In hindsight, they kept looking back at me and didnt offer to help me look...

i've mistakenly picked up a disc that was in play on my way to the next hole. the guy caught up to me a few holes later and told me what the deal was. i felt like an ass

I did the same thing at Roscoe Ewing hole 1. Thing is, hole 4 is a blind shot and if overthrown it goes into the fairway of 1 and thats what someone did, same color of disc as mine. Turns out it was about 15' short of where my drive went.

I did figure it out after I made my approach shot and walked toward the basket only to almost step on my disc. I then turned around and saw a guy looking for it. I was like "My bad man. It was laying right about here."

Felt like such an ass.