• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This time of year sucks.

I guess this is my excuse to get the Night Golf going. Winter Warriors has me excited for some snow golf.

I guess it works out nice that i live about 2 minutes from my home course. good 18 hole course and plenty of time to play it when i get out of work at 4. plus the weather in Houston at this time is perfect for disc golfing. feel sorry for all of you up north.

I have never really had the option of going after work anyway but it does suck that it gets dark earlier. I basically get out on the weekend and by the time I get myself and my fiance moving, we only have enough time for one round.

I get off work at 3:30 and there's a nice little 9-holer ten minutes away, but I've got so much other sh!t going on that I never get a chance to go out there and play :(

That will change, however, for when I come to rule the universe, I'll move the frickin course across the STREET and then we'll see!!!! Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa!

Hey now, some of us are not fortunate enough to even play after work during the week, so getting to play at all before sunset should not be taken for granted.

it takes an hour to get to my course.

That's rough indeed. There's 3 courses within a 45 minute drive that keep their baskets in all year round. (around 10 courses inside an hour during warm season) More importantly ,my home course is 3 miles away and there's always 18 baskets there to welcome me. :D

I get off work at 3:30 and there's a nice little 9-holer ten minutes away, but I've got so much other sh!t going on that I never get a chance to go out there and play :(

That will change, however, for when I come to rule the universe, I'll move the frickin course across the STREET and then we'll see!!!! Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa!

So you're gonna use your power as ruler of the universe to move a DG course ten miles? Makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

I totally agree. I'm going to try and work out some sort of flex schedule but for the most part I'm locked into 8-5. I'm going to try a round before work tomorrow early.

At least you can find time on weekends and such to get some rounds in. I'd have to argue that spring is much much worse. At least here in Fargo. With the flood last year, I didn't get to play in Fargo at all during the spring, all the courses were under 30 feet of water. And even right now, two of the holes at the Fargo course are unplayable due to record amounts of rain during october. Add in the 30 mph winds we've been having and the 40 degree weather and I usually only end up playing one round.

Just looked up the weather for my usual course and looks like I got 57 and partly cloudy both Saturday and Sunday so should be a good weekend.

def sucks and the amount of people on the courses around here in increasing as the weather cools off ... which really only gets me more excited for winter discin because we will most likely be only ones out there

I guess it works out nice that i live about 2 minutes from my home course. good 18 hole course and plenty of time to play it when i get out of work at 4. plus the weather in Houston at this time is perfect for disc golfing. feel sorry for all of you up north.

Second that!

Yeeeuh! I only work for about 3-4 hours a day, and am off by 1:30 -2:30 at the latest.

then I gotta drive either 3 or 6 minutes to one of our two courses.

Latest posts