• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This video sucks and so does 'SportNation'

Wow! Sportsnation sucks? I never would have guessed a program on ESPN was not very good. Thanks for the heads up columbo (Your name was hard to spell so I changed it to columbo)

W/e i thought the alaska clips were cool.

Wow! Sportsnation sucks? I never would have guessed a program on ESPN was not very good. Thanks for the heads up columbo (Your name was hard to spell so I changed it to columbo)

What? No way! I could listen to Tony Kornheiser yell about American Idol all day.

Does the show suck? Yes. Were the videos cool? Yes. And they did both say they were impressed and that it was cool. - So really, good pub all told.

I don't know what the female co-hosts name is but she's just about the only person on ESPN that I don't find annoying or an imbecile. So props to her and to Disc Golf getting some cable tv love, even if for only 10 seconds.

i agree with amutt, that is the 1st time ive seen dg talked about on tv

I thought the video was awesome....plus that was good exposure. Why all the ESPN haters?

What's wrong with "Sportsnation?" Its the only true opinion based sports talk show currently on ESPN. The games are funny and wierd web stories, three cheers, three jeers, and three tears are all sweet segments. Also, how could a ten second clip about discin be anything but awesome? good exposure IMO

wow, I never realized this was ever on ESPN - that is really great for the sport. And I actually did thoroughly enjoy the amazing winter shots the first time I watched it; I just didn't appreciate being lumped in with the other video clips.. Guess I should have clarified that in my stupor last nite.

I've seen another clip that had the male SAID something about DG,no video. ANY coverage is better than nothing!?....only if they say DISC golf NOT FRISBEE golf! Do your job and get the name of the sport correct!! "frisbee golf just not my thing" (I believe that's the qoute).

wow, I never realized this was ever on ESPN - that is really great for the sport. And I actually did thoroughly enjoy the amazing winter shots the first time I watched it; I just didn't appreciate being lumped in with the other video clips.. Guess I should have clarified that in my stupor last nite.

So surfing and bobsledding aren't good to be lumped in with? I thought a guy on ice skates discing was put in the right medium. Even for a discer I thought it was pretty wild. And to be honest, as long as there are people who think frisbee golf is not okay, people are going to think we take it way too serious. And it WILL stay the way it is if the dgers (that's us) keep getting upset at people who don't play for calling it a frisbee. Look, I'm a snowboard instructor, so i bring new people into a sport all winter long. And if i got pissed everytime someone called it "skiboarding" it would be hard to keep the newcomers interested. So just for the sake of the people outside the disc community, let it go. I know it sucks, but if they were to call it disc on TV, most people would think we were throwing 8 lb. metal objects through the woods. So relax, cause I hate to break it to you, but call it a disc all you want, it is still a frisbee. Round object that spins when it flies, as far as 95% of the planet is concerned, frisbee or UFO.

I like SportsNation. They show the interesting stuff that you wouldn't see unless you constantly watched multiple sports. They probably had a longer part with the disc golf video earlier in the week, but this was at the end of the week and they showed the top video from each day. What's the difference if they call it frisbee golf instead of disc golf? It is still positive publicity.

Oh yeah did anyone catch the episode of the Office that mentions disc golf.

and I quote: Andy Bernard: "I started the main frisbee golf club at Cornell! I live to Frolf!"

Call the term frisbee golf evil all you want, that was awesome!