• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thoughts and Suggestions Please

nsillej

A bit of background before I list my discs.

I have been throwing for just over a year. I have moved up my ranking and now among the top 3-5. I currently don't play many tournaments but plan to start playing some this fall. A couple of the guys are intermediate / advance players. One of them recently won intermediate Champs at Bowling Green Kentucky. Currently the only thing that is holding me back is a bit of consistency and my putting. I've been told that the consistency and putting will all come with practice. I throw RHBH

I know i have a bit of overlapping but being newer to the sport I'm giving everything a shot.

What shots am I not covering that I need a disc for, that I might encounter at a course i don't play every week.

Putters,

175 Voodoo Use this for off the tee drives and currently for putting Can get these up to 200' (currently carry 2 organic plastic)

175 Magic Use this for Turn over approaches and putts on days voodoos just are not working can control these up to about 180' then they seem to get unpredictable on me (carry 3 2 SSS(put) 1 EPP(approach)

Mids

180 Rancho Roc DX Bottom Stamp These are near new and I can get them out around 300-320' I find myself Reaching for these a lot. (carry 2)

180 Rancho Roc + R-Pro
. This guy is nearly new, Flies Strait with less Fade at the end. Hoping this guy will beat in faster than the DX. Can get it out 300-320'

When Rocs finally beat in they will server as my understable mid, possibly replace my magics.

Drivers.

Destroyer 175. 2 champ 1 star. I'm getting these out to about 380 or so. To be honest I have not been grabbing for these as often as I have started throwing my bosses better.

First Run champ Boss
174 & 175 This guy is the longest in my bag. I can get it out around 415-425'

Star Boss. 175. Serves as my stable max distance driver. I throw these when I don't have room for the Big S curve i make with the First Runs. Get these out around 400ft.

11x Champ Tee bird. 175. As I have been throwing these guys more and more and getting them broken in a bit and loving it every time i can get this guy out around 360-358 Basically using this for anything between boss and roc.

Random Opaque champ TeeBird 175. it was from a players pack last year.. need to get a second.. i like the way it flies. Use it for 300-330' shots. Its straighter(less fade) than the 11x at this distance.

Avenger SS esp 173 I've been playing around with this and working it as a roller

I am currently playing around with some Star and Champ Katanas. I can get these out around 400' right now with hyzer flip with out really trying. Might keep these in the bag as turn overs or something....

you've not gotten any responses because there isn't much wrong with that setup. the only thing I see missing is an Overstable disc of any kind. the do more than fade hard.

I would pull one Roc out and add a Champion Rancho Roc, just to mix it up. What about a flat top Roc?

Looks pretty good man, oh yeah a 165 z flick for FH and OH shots or a XXX or Max for super overstability

The destroyers are fairly new. I've only had them about 5 weeks. They seem pretty Inconsistent for the moment. the star one i have seems extremely stable. The two champion ones do one of 1 things, They will go out 200-250 and then "flip over" and then stable up but not back to my center line. The other thing they will do is basically just stay stable the entire time. I think i'm fighting some OAT right now. I really haven't had much time to really throw them much. Today I Smoked a basket @ 300' (up hill 30') would have been my first ace if I would have been 8 inches lower..... Sigh.......

The first run boss i can back off to about a 80% throw and let the disk seems like it has rockets attached to it. It will take a nice gentle turn 80% of the flight and then come back to the center line. Or I can hyzer flip it into a strait line. The star ones don't turn as much and come back harder, and dont go as far...

Latest posts